What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been attempting to contact Glenn who ran the exodus crew,,,

Anyone still involved with leviticus,,,??,,I've not got Facebook anymore ,,I was on the Facebook group years ago,,,here is an interesting video of Glenn

This is from the University of Cambridge

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a picture if the suicide cut from hundred gram oz -First picture-

Second picture is suicide from bannana man

Buds look a lil similar to blues, plant in flower looks a lil like Bimbles

Attachments

• picture (3).jpeg
    picture (3).jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 93
  • picture (1).jpeg
    picture (1).jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 92

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Next is Bimbles pictures

6 weeks in flower (emergency chop)

Attachments

• 20230214_032901.jpg
    20230214_032901.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 97

Happs

That makes sense to me as I’ve smoked HGF cheese back in them days and it makes sense as it never had the same effect for me..
a good mate was in the seed retail Business at the time and new a lot of people in the seed biz and took me to HGF and we smoked it a few times.
I always thought it was because the way they grew it.
it seem to always lack something to me , never hit me like the other Luton cheese.
we can only speculate from here on my part but i think all 3 types got passed out as cheese . As I’ve had boxes of cheese from crews before Buddha cheese and I’ve had fat chunkers and what I call dreadlocks the twisted tops and sides but put them down to grow environment.
The cheesewreck that I grew had the dreadlocks so always put that down to the cheese In it..

Happs

I don’t think I have ever smoked the blues I’ve had Blue cheese and a few different called that but never what you guys say is blues maybe under another name as that is the problem with this busIness.
Everyone wants a piece Now. They think they are missing out on something if they are not there.
It’s the hype.
only have to go into a coffee shop now days and look at the menu. Some overpriced weed that in another year will be down low on the menu for 10 euro.

HazyDaze420

Just repeating things over and over now!
Don't see the point of it, but there we go, may aswell do another 300 pages of getting nowhere, innit! Lol

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to revise a few things,,,I obviously didn't read the weed world article at the time and I didn’t see the aldo post ,,maybe it was more for my benefit than yours,,,

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Wow .. what we need is somebody else to confirm that this happened to make sure it’s 100 percent the full Monty.
but it makes sense..
I wonder why they never used the silver pearl?Maybe no males?

ofthehill corroborated the story from wing commander blue, and also confirmed brightside was growing the original cut. No one outside this forum would call it a brightside cheese. Ofthehill didn’t refer to brightside but a cross brightside did called back to cheese. Ofthehill also mentioned another cross brightside did called 39.

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
We can educate drew,,he just has to be open to learning,,

Below are a few old post that might make things a lil clearer,,,I thought off the hill found the cheese but it seems like I was wrong,,,sounds like wing comader blue was the guy who cracked the original sensi seed batch

Below are a selection of interesting post,,old ones , not from me

The true origin of UK Cheese

I recently went on holiday to the Canary Islands, a friend of mine gave me a copy of Weed World magazine to read while I was there (issue 56). To my surprise, was the article by Big Buddha Cheese? On reading this I decide to tell the story from the beginning.

Back in the late 80’s early 90’s, a friend-of-a-friend of mine came back from the Sensi Seed Bank in Amsterdam with some seeds.

Most of the plants were males but 4 of them were girls – 3 of the 4 were wankers and one was kind of OK. This plant was cloned and passed on to 3 or 4 different people who grew it alongside some Northern Lights and Silver Pearl plants in their well built grow rooms.

I am 45 years old now and have been growing my own weed for about 25 years, 10 of them outside in the wild.

My best friend and I decided that we would build ourselves our own grow rooms but didn’t see the need for getting too technical so, we made them out of anything we could lay our hands on – we called them “orange crates” coz that’s what they looked like.

As for lighting, we went on a commando raid to a local disused cement factory and helped ourselves to some Sodium and Metal Halide 400’s. We made our own shades from some aluminium sheeting from a local scrap yard.

Now all we needed was some nice cuttings. I managed to get some N/L and S/P plants and also one of the Skunks. Most of the other growers concentrated on the N/L and S/P because they are good all rounders.

I think one of the Skunks went to Crewe and another to Cornwall. I quite liked the Skunk so I kept it going. Now over the next 7 or 8 years of constant cloning, the Skunk started changing – don’t know why – it just did. It started to get really smelly – I mean really stink. The smell would get everywhere and I was often creosoting the fence to try and mask the smell (a little tip there for Cheese farmers, creosote or burnt toast). Cropping was a nightmare and I wouldn’t even go out because people would often say “you stink”.

I was giving some of this weed to my close friends and they all loved it and, as the taste was changing it seemed the strength was too. This weed had become so strong and so smelly that it reminded me of something I had smelt before, but I couldn’t think what it was. Then one day the penny dropped.

When I was 17 or 18 and living at home with my parents, I would go out a lot with a friend who worked in a food essence factory. Some days I would see him and he would stink of all different kind of things: fish, beef, vanilla etc. He would bring me small test tubes of concentrated liquids home and use them in my fishing bait (the carp loved the vanilla). One day he put one under my nose and said “smell this one, its called blue cheese, and it’s a real minger”.

This was the smell I had been trying to remember. The weed smelt just like it and so she was born. I gave the weed the name “Cheese”.

The only cuttings I let out were to people who were incapable of doing their own cloning and only wanted a plant for their own garden in the summer months.

Another close friend of mine, known as “Of the Hill”, came to me one day and asked me if I would do him 21 cuttings as he was building a big lab for the Exodus people in Luton. I was a bit unsure of this as I didn’t know ay of these people but, I did it for him because he is a good egg and has dug me out of plenty of holes over the years. Anyway, off he went with his cuttings and I didn’t here too much more about it, other than a good harvest festival was had.

“Of the Hill” arranged for a cutting to make it’s way to a coffee shop in Amsterdam in 2003 (Home Grown Fantasy). It was cloned and put on the menu as ‘Cheese’ and went on to claim 3rd place in the cannabis cup in 2004.

I recently met an American at a Hawkwind gig in London who had heard of the Cheese in Washington. He had come to the UK to see Hawkwind and smoke Cheese. His face lit up when I pulled a big fat Cheese straw out of my pocket!

It’s kind of annoying really – I wish I could have put a patent on the word “Cheese” in the context of marijuana but, it’s kind of difficult when things are illegal.

All over the place now I hear people calling all sorts of weed “Cheese” and I say to them “no mate, this is Cheese”.

As for Mr Big Buddha? I have plenty of respect for him, but the Cheese is not yours no matter what you call it and, as for crossing her? She does need help –over the years she has started to show signs of stress.

Growers will notice that some plants get brown spotty leaves during growing & flowering that results I leaf drop. I don’t know what the cause is, it’s not the soil, the water, the food, or the air quality (possibly a virus of some kind), so I suppose a cross of some kind to introduce some new vigour to her would be a good thing so, like I said, respect to Big Buddha for trying.

So for nearly 14 years, the Cheese was living at only a couple of places but now it seems to be everywhere for people to enjoy.

I don’t know what she has become – some sort of mutant freak, but she sure hits the spot and everyone who smokes her loves her to pieces.

So there you have it – the truth about the origin of Cheese. You can all rejoice that I kept her going for all these years and now you all know how it came about its name.

In the grand scheme of things it’s not very much, but I wanted to set the record straight.

Wing Commander Blue

Next is from someone called aldo

Originally Posted by AldoN01

Hi Guys
This Post Is all about the great elite clone cheese
its my first post and will be my last dont like posting in forums
but this is just to make sence of all the cheese deception going on

Lets start by introducing myself i am aldo lived on the H.A.Z Manor for
5 years i was involved with alot of the growing on the manor
The Cheese was giving to us by a man named "of the hill" ment to be 20 odd
clones but he turned up with 18 we did not care as 18 was a good number of cuts
the man who gave us these cuts was also helping us wire a flower, veg and clone room up
as none were wired up wee had to put the cuts outside and we never took cuts of these cuts
we received but what did happen was Del who was a hobby breeder had his plants out and
knew he had a few males which were skunk no1, haze/afghan and NL
so these 3 males were all breed with 3 different cuts of cheese
so after the new year we started 30 seeds off each of the 3 crosses in the new grow rooms

afghan/haze x cheese 1
kept one mother of this cut for about 2 years
specs on this was 11 weeks flower rock hard nugs this was like
the original cheese smell the same but a weaker stone more heady

NL X Cheese 2
kept 10 mothers of this one so was passed out more
Flowered in 9 weeks same structure of the cheese but was very hairy pistil wise
stone was all body

skunk no1 x cheese 3
kept 5 mums of this
it was the same as cheese in every way strong body stone taste smell
Flowered in 9.5 weeks

we called these cheese 1,2 and 3

so the original cheese would have been very hard to come by so poeple saying
they have the original i would say they were lieing at least 99% of them any way
no cuttings were ever handed out at the raves they were handed out to poeple who were
connected to the manor thats facts so we never got to keep the original either but we definitly
smmoked alot of the original
we at the manor did not find out about how the cheese came about its name until about 3 years
later but if we new this we would have renamed it due to the fact its just skunk no1
so the poeple growing cheese 1,2 or 3 would have one of these crosses

its up to you's to think this is real or not but i know it is this is how it came about cheers for reading aldo

Englishrick
Below is what sonic said in relation to the above aldo post

Sonic
that would make sense , as we have had three cuts for ever well before the super cheese craze , the suicide the sweet cheese and pistils cheese all said to be the original exodus , the three descriptions make sense oh and the diet cheese , lol who knows for sure

ofthehill was shown the story by Aldo and said it was nonsense, purely because no one called him ofthehill apart from wing commander blue, who wasn’t associated with exodus. He also said he never met anyone called Aldo.

Peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice,,,so the aldo story is not to be included in any official history,,,,

I know it seems like I'm just repeating things that have been said before,,,I'm just looking for clarification and what we all agree on,,, what you have done here is really helpful piff,,thank-you

Can we get hold of wing comader blue,,, cheese farmer ,,Glenn il try to find,,Off the hill too,,,how amazing would it be to have all of them in the same thread or some form of cross talk ,,

I'm interested in the basics 4 sonic describes,,,pluss how psycho was really made etc and how it all ties in,,,I'm looking for a definitive history with little iffs or buts

Last edited:

PetePrice

Cf or of the hill took cheese to dam and HGF. When did brightside say he took it to them out of interest?

Cf said there was only one cheese. He never said it wasn’t crossed though. He just said there was only one original cheese. He even mentions the cross brightside did back to cheeze.

Peace

Cf is ofthehill isn't he? And he didn't take it his mate did - (just thinking too these were in their 40's and older 15 to 20 yrs back so 60's now and some gone.

"cf

• WAH !

• cf
  • Lifetime Subscriber
  • 5,120 posts

• winner.gif
Posted February 13, 2005
just got back from amsterdam and i found out that homegrown fantaseeds grows and makes seeds of the fine british cheese,what is going on?
nah ..my mate took the cutting out in 2003 since then they've had it on the menu , i tried some on queens day last year
more info on cheese HERE and HERE
and scattered around the boards ..
..and i too have heard there is to be an imminent release of bbcheese seeds by bigbhudda ."

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Cf is ofthehill isn't he? And he didn't take it his mate did - (just thinking too these were in their 40's and older 15 to 20 yrs back so 60's now and some gone.

"cf

• WAH !

• cf
  • Lifetime Subscriber
  • 5,120 posts

• winner.gif
Posted February 13, 2005

nah ..my mate took the cutting out in 2003 since then they've had it on the menu , i tried some on queens day last year
more info on cheese HERE and HERE
and scattered around the boards ..
..and i too have heard there is to be an imminent release of bbcheese seeds by bigbhudda ."

There you go, more pieces of the puzzle coming together, I always believed ofthehill (CF) took cheese to HGF due to what WCB said in the weed word article, but if ofthehill said his mate did, then his mate did. I wonder if his mate was @brightside and whether @bimblebrains knew something I didn't!!

Peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know what you are saying P,,people are popping off like flies now ,we are all getting old ,,I know it sounds a lil silly but I kinda like promoting brightsides name in the story,,I'd like to think someone would rep me when I'm gone,,weird I know, but anyway

What really gets me in wingcomaderblues story is how he said the weed changed,,,like the cut dramatically changed after cloning,,I remember reading it years ago and I completely dismissed that comment, I'm really starting to wonder if this is further consequences of the same change,,I don't feel like I'm being serious when I say this but I'm still saying it,,

I'd say cheese farmers mate is brightside,,,but I can't know for sure,,,I always met brightside in the sensi coffeshop,,ya know the one that doesn't sell weed,,,Steve haze was always there at the same time as me and brightside,, after I couldn't find brightside I asked Steve if he had seen him,,he told me no but that he had put cheese in a number of places,,one being central coffeshop and another being the kiwiseeds guys,,we both agreed the hgf cut wasn't brightsides cut, I actually liked the hgf weed way more than central coffeshop or brightsides,,,I always thought hgf was the same as windows,,I'm wondering if it's possible it was the suicide or brum cut,,,

So what are we saying?

I'd like to build a list then shorten it,,

Windows Cheese
Jahs Cheese
Pistles,,, probably brightsides?
Suicide,,, sonics cut
Sweet cheese??????
Diet Cheese ????
Brum Cheese
Blues (Sk1× ?)
Psychosis (Widow, dunno what to say?)
Psychoberry

bimblebrains_1

There you go, more pieces of the puzzle coming together, I always believed ofthehill (CF) took cheese to HGF due to what WCB said in the weed word article, but if ofthehill said his mate did, then his mate did. I wonder if his mate was @brightside and whether @bimblebrains knew something I didn't!!

Peace
i dunno i just remember reading that of the hill said his mate took her to the dam and brightside is known to have put the cut in a few people hands over there early on so kind of just assumed it was him,being as not all that many folks had the cut at that point in time supposedly

bimblebrains_1

Next is Bimbles pictures

6 weeks in flower (emergency chop)
yes not the best example but gives a good representation of the true color of the flowers....this plant was grown under led and the pot dried out several times as i was in the process of moving abroad,so yer shitty,underfed and chopped at 6 weeks....

it was an unfortunate time to receive the cut as the move was on the cards but just about squeezed in mumming her up and getting the cuts out to folks before the deadline came....if she had gracied me with her presence at any other time in the last 15 years then i would have grown well and documented her myself on here long ago by now but thats life haha

Silly_OG

A lovely cheese cut I’ve been growing over the last few years in different environments under different lighting. Seems to prefer LED with a soil/coco mix, labelled exodus cheese from a recluse that’s had it since the 90’s

Attachments

• 019B4A74-80A8-4F19-8B2F-42C3AD32DD5C.jpeg
    019B4A74-80A8-4F19-8B2F-42C3AD32DD5C.jpeg
    419.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 03D75AD4-27E7-4FCE-B679-BBE692A672FA.jpeg
    03D75AD4-27E7-4FCE-B679-BBE692A672FA.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 108
  • 723A2410-51CB-40CF-81C9-F9012E1A9733.jpeg
    723A2410-51CB-40CF-81C9-F9012E1A9733.jpeg
    422.1 KB · Views: 107
  • BE4765A0-691C-43A4-8605-A465B07E1937.jpeg
    BE4765A0-691C-43A4-8605-A465B07E1937.jpeg