What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's the liability an hype,,,when we see people getting hype over stealth shit none of us can help but think "fuk it, il limit the liability and jump what people favour nowadays",, when people hear cheese they think bargain basement

bimblebrains_1

Ya know what’s interesting Rick,,,
how a lot of us older heads let these so called Elite Cuts go from the BC,,GG4,,,Illuminati Stardawg and others,,,,,
perhaps we just got fed up with the liability regarding stench and sofa nailing effect with the cheese of which I’m not a fan but will always run a cross,,,
I be running OG Diesel S1s and British Petroleum ( og Diesel x Cheese) when I’m back from the coast in 2 weeks and I have decided to lob my present 8inch filter after 3 runs and replace with a new 10in filter cos I know what’s coming in the stench department ,,,,.
stench gets everywhere and ya shagged if your filters out by even 10%,,
excellent @944s2 will you document them on here? ive got some british petroleum beans on the way to me as well so ojd tells me,gunna be a while until i can run them but i'm super excited! also for all the other hybrids with that pollen,like the WR for instance

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
excellent @944s2 will you document them on here? ive got some british petroleum beans on the way to me as well so ojd tells me,gunna be a while until i can run them but i'm super excited! also for all the other hybrids with that pollen,like the WR for instance
Yeah Bimble ,,👍
I be logging it from seed pop to finished flowers,,,
imagine it will go mid to end of Week10 but if needed then longer,,,
should be 10 or more of each variety in the run,,
I have the beans and am all set so as soon as I’m back home within the next 2 weeks,,,,
be topping these babies from the third node,,,,
As soon as I flower then incomes the new 10in scrubber😁,,,,
gonna get funky in there,,✌️,,

bimblebrains_1

Yeah Bimble ,,👍
I be logging it from seed pop to finished flowers,,,
imagine it will go mid to end of Week10 but if needed then longer,,,
should be 10 or more of each variety in the run,,
I have the beans and am all set so as soon as I’m back home within the next 2 weeks,,,,
be topping these babies from the third node,,,,
As soon as I flower then incomes the new 10in scrubber😁,,,,
gonna get funky in there,,✌️,,
excellent bro cant wait for the show! indeed yes no doubt the best ones will be the 10+ weekers,always are.. wise to get that new scrubber my friend for sure ;-)

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
So my first impressions are the smell is very different than what on the market. It’s one of those one where if it’s just sitting on in the table it doesn’t seem so loud but when you break the bug in two you get smacked with that cheesyness.

Decent sized nugs that are heavier than they look makes it a good yielder. I think the bag appeal leaves room for improvement. Prolly just my grow of it but I would want more swollen bracts.

The effect is immediate with the first toke you get a head change.

The high is deffo a behind the eyes kinda deal. It’s like the tingling top of my head feeeling I get from some narrow leafed varieties but behind my eyes instead.

Didn’t bother my anxiety.

There is something about the taste that is really alluring. First I’m getting the old school cannabis generic flavors but as I exhale through my nose I can sense a sweet berry flavor. I wouldn’t call this blueberry though. It’s like a more earthy berry if that makes sense.

I hit it with a little pollen from a Karma genetics sweets male. I wanna find something with the old aromas and the new bag appeal.

Even if I don’t we will at least get to see some of the progeny from the bimblebrains cut…

Here a few uncurled bud shots from right after the dry down….
453CFBB3-53E3-4181-931B-4E5F7D696211.jpeg
AFB716F1-2EA7-4A7F-AB2B-EC0215ACF87E.jpeg
DC347C29-9BE2-49AB-9C84-EE8882F72A47.jpeg
86C80D75-ED98-466C-BBBE-85784B6D8B95.jpeg
9D877567-71CF-4E31-BC08-2C115AA3643A.jpeg

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have seen brightsides looking like that but it was the worst grow of it I'd ever seen ,,it was a soil grow by some Vietnam guys and they over ferted it to death,,,

Looks wrong tho,,,not sure if it's the cut or the grow,,shouldn't look like that tho

bimblebrains_1

how about some pics with the flash on or in sunlight so we can see the actual color of the flowers @shishkaboy ,gotta say they pretty unforgiving photos that cant really tell much by looking at

bimblebrains_1

I have seen brightsides looking like that but it was the worst grow of it I'd ever seen ,,it was a soil grow by some Vietnam guys and they over ferted it to death,,,

Looks wrong tho,,,not sure if it's the cut or the grow,,shouldn't look like that tho
i remember the vietcong cheese lol......always had a hint of 5spice from the poor bastid they locked in the grow cooking his dinner

4kali

in all honesty, and just my opinion, I think that, if it was the brightside cut then shiskaboys pics should have been really recognisable to you Rick, especially being grown on water culture in a similar fashion to how you grew her our on your nft tables,
the more I read this thread all my bets edge towards the bimble not being the brightside I mean come on ffs sake, people saying it's 95% but can't say 100% with conviction, and then you rick saying your not convinced and some of ya pals saying she is and some are saying she aint,
sorry guys if that pisses you off but you ain't gonna believe it into existence it either is or it isn't, until you say with real conviction that this is your old brightside clone rick then this is just gonna drag on like a stuck record,
I'll come bk in another 300 pages and see if you lads are any closer to making your minds up.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not the type just to name it for the sake of it,,why do you think I've been waiting to see what everyone thinks ,,

Them pictures are a real concern,,,but I have seen it looking that bad before ONCE,,, but the guy murdered it,,,if I ever see it looking like that again the assessment is done,,

I just heard from Shishkaboy and apparently the grow wasn't as bad as it looks ,,so yeh ,,I'm more dubious than ever now, its a shame,,,if my flowers look anything like that then its a big NO from me,,but again I only trust my own assessment nowadays so let me get back to yous when I've got a spliff in my mouth and ive had a go at trimming,,il tell you guys strait at that point,,

From what I've seen so far in my own grows,,,,here is my assessment,,The veg is identical, stupid similar,,its annoying,,only thing missing Is the stem rub, the 3 leaf tendency IS indicative ,, most people would bet a quid on what ive seen so far, its THAT similar it is,,,but again,,I'm not putting my quid down without a full assessment,,an yeh its taking a long time I know,,but it has to be comprehensive and fair,,

the stem rub IS off ,,the stem rub has been a concern since the beginning,,I wish it was more accurate but it's not really hit the ultimate spot for me yet,,,its got closer but not to the point where im ringing people saying thats it,,,,this is a concern

I've had multiple people come back to me with different thoughts,,at this point I'm reserving my opinion till I have flowed and smoked my own shit,,,people who I actually trust have come back with too much variation on opinion ,,it's a huge shame,,I don't think everyone was as familiar with brightsides as I was

PetePrice

I've only just harvested the wizard cut and that dirty dirty skunk is now taking on that ever familiar cheesey/ hashiness with a slight tinge berry bk ground. but like I said previously I didn't do her justice so can only imagine what this wizard cuts like when grown well.
met my old pal yesterday had a bit sealed/ double sealed to show him for his thoughts and as soon as he opened the seal it fuckin reeked, had to tell him to hurry the fuck up and shut the tub

Any chance you can show the buds to compare? its just with you saying no lime green either..

PetePrice

So my first impressions are the smell is very different than what on the market. It’s one of those one where if it’s just sitting on in the table it doesn’t seem so loud but when you break the bug in two you get smacked with that cheesyness.

Decent sized nugs that are heavier than they look makes it a good yielder. I think the bag appeal leaves room for improvement. Prolly just my grow of it but I would want more swollen bracts.

The effect is immediate with the first toke you get a head change.

The high is deffo a behind the eyes kinda deal. It’s like the tingling top of my head feeeling I get from some narrow leafed varieties but behind my eyes instead.

Didn’t bother my anxiety.

There is something about the taste that is really alluring. First I’m getting the old school cannabis generic flavors but as I exhale through my nose I can sense a sweet berry flavor. I wouldn’t call this blueberry though. It’s like a more earthy berry if that makes sense.

I hit it with a little pollen from a Karma genetics sweets male. I wanna find something with the old aromas and the new bag appeal.

Even if I don’t we will at least get to see some of the progeny from the bimblebrains cut…

Here a few uncurled bud shots from right after the dry down….
View attachment 18877122 View attachment 18877123 View attachment 18877124 View attachment 18877125 View attachment 18877126

What's been done to that to make it go murky? has a dirty look to it... the density is there but it looks like its been covered in soil or some shit, looks like something happened to make it go like that?

Terppalooza

Where did this one come from bro
I got it from a lad in london, hes been sending her around for a couple years now. Basiccly got it for a portion of fish n chips lol I do know "Grounded Genetics" Crossed the exact same "Exodus Cheese" mom to rs11. I can say ive grow a few cheese seeds and a clone here and there. This clone is definity is the closest by taste and smell if not the real deal cheese.

Last edited: