What's new

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now that I think about it,,I only got the 7s when I put them on nft with the ec as high as it would go,,it struggles in pots and at the start in rockwool cubes ,, it's at the start of veg where it displays that difficulty producing leaflets,, you need to set them roots free to get the best out of it

You get the standard 5 leafs,, but when your just about burning them tips and pushing things to the max ,,you get them 2 little tiny flip leafs like little wings on the bottom

Last edited:

Terppalooza

Too me that night shot from the 23-2 reminds me a bit of my xo, rick. the leaves, the way the tips curl up a bit, the round flatish head 🤔 the other more green looking night shot looks quite differen :D

Terppalooza

🧀🧀🫐

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230216-172344.png
    Screenshot_20230216-172344.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 71

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's 2 different grows,,,2 different houses,,both nft, both canna aqua,,when people asked me teach them I'd give them all the same shopping list and a cut of cheese,,id pop round once a week,,,the weed was identical at all locations apart from temp variation and some used air extracted lights which did make alot of difference to the weed,,but apart from sumer and winter buds,,almost always totally homogeneous crops

HazyDaze420

Cheese, the one and only cheese that's in the weedworld mag back in the mid noughties, the one in the article I posted shows 7 fingered leaves in an image, she does throw 7 blades, it's the same clone cf had, the same clone brightside had, it's another myth when folk say she doesn't throw more than 5 fingered leaves.
When she throws those big leaves when she's healthy she throws out the 7's, fo sho'

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It definitely has trouble with higher leaflet numbers in early veg ,,it goes backwards to them 3 blade leafs with low nutes

no chance of a 9,,,jahs does 9 tho if I remember,,

I don't think it's easy to make brightsides do 7,,,brightside mothers in soil always l threw them 3 leaf specials

HazyDaze420

If she gets stressed she throws odd leaves, light stress and taking clones in flower will have her throwing 3 blades for ages in veg.
She does throw lots of 3 blades though, mostly 5s, some 7's and defo no 9's as you say never see more than 7s with her.

After all these years you'd think she'd be verified by a few older heads by now.

Have none of the clones you had gifted over the years from these cheese hunt threads turned out to be the real deal yet then rick?

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Cheese, the one and only cheese that's in the weedworld mag back in the mid noughties, the one in the article I posted shows 7 fingered leaves in an image, she does throw 7 blades, it's the same clone cf had, the same clone brightside had, it's another myth when folk say she doesn't throw more than 5 fingered leaves.
When she throws those big leaves when she's healthy she throws out the 7's, fo sho'

I had a good look through those photos you posted from the article but it was hard to make much out, I was desparately searching fort hose two miniature leaflets that grow from the base of the leaf closest to the petiole, 7 o'clock and 5 o'clock, the ones @englishrick mentioned. Would be cool to see as I've never seen 7 leaflets even in CF's pics which are high quality. Don't suppose you can take a macro or a scan?

If you read this thread @HazyDaze420, @Cheesegez has tried numerous cuts sourced from here and elsewhere and none of them turned out to be what he was looking for.

Peace

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Have none of the clones you had gifted over the years from these cheese hunt threads turned out to be the real deal yet then rick?

There's a ton of legit confusion.
It's a little like chinese whispers, which then is compounded by other factors until there's a bunch of cuts that no one quite agrees on.

There were the original(s), and like you say, just the one cheese. But, there were also cuts from around the same period that were similar - Blues, suicide, psychosis etc. Then to make matters worse there was the release of seed lines called cheese (Big Buddha, Kaliman etc). Those who didn't have connections to the orig obviously also called their chosen plants from seed runs 'cheese', and spread the cuts around with the same name.

Then it only takes one person holding an original cut of say psychosis to send it to a friend; then their not so well-informed friend says - 'nah mate, that's not psychosis, that's cheese'. So from then on that orig psychosis cut is called cheese to all it's passed to.

Plus there's the fact that not many seem to hold it for long for reasons already stated. This is why this thread is necessary, so those who know can verify it from all the others that are obviously floating around.

HazyDaze420

It's the same with all popular cuts isn't it, all start out as a single select pheno selected and named by the grower, and bam.. before we know it we have a thousand different things being called the same...
never known anything like the weed game aye, crazy crazy game.

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a ton of legit confusion.
It's a little like chinese whispers, which then is compounded by other factors until there's a bunch of cuts that no one quite agrees on.

There were the original(s), and like you say, just the one cheese. But, there were also cuts from around the same period that were similar - Blues, suicide, psychosis etc. Then to make matters worse there was the release of seed lines called cheese (Big Buddha, Kaliman etc). Those who didn't have connections to the orig obviously also called their chosen plants from seed runs 'cheese', and spread the cuts around with the same name.

Then it only takes one person holding an original cut of say psychosis to send it to a friend; then their not so well-informed friend says - 'nah mate, that's not psychosis, that's cheese'. So from then on that orig psychosis cut is called cheese to all it's passed to.

Plus there's the fact that not many seem to hold it for long for reasons already stated. This is why this thread is necessary, so those who know can verify it from all the others that are obviously floating around.
Kal,,,
it’s an enigma,,,,
how many years this been going on now brother and very rarely anything definitve,,,
different growers,,,,disciplines,,,,,perception,,,,,,water/soil and now led v sodium’s,,,,,
chuck it all in the mix and it’s virtually impossible to conclude one way or another but I really hope that those who want this cut get it and that it is the real deal,,,
It won’t be darkening my door ever again😂,,,s2

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As per Pistils the psychosis was lower yielding and more potent and the original Luton Exo…
No chance,,,i respect the dudes opinion ALOT but fuk me,,,the brightside made you ill,,the psychosis had similar effects but not as much,,,that stink and high from the brightside turned you into a meerkat ,,, brightsides is actually too strong for me ,,brightsides is more sativa than the others, it feels more electric On the high ,,I could smoke a brightside cheese joint and it would keep me awake tweeking with the windows closed , listening to the voices from next door,,

If we didn't live in a difficult legal climate I'd probably feel differently,,,but we don't

Anyone else wondering why the name psychosis was given, or suicide cheese,,what macabre names to be giving plants we are supposed to love,

NEED 4 SEED

I would describe my experience with the dinafem cheese in 2013 as terrifying too. The 5 seeds made 4 stinky cheese phenos which gave me heart palpitations and panic attacks. The 5th plant however did smell of peanut butter and was the exact opposite, calming and relaxing and looked totally different.
But the smell of the 4 cheese phenos was another galaxy. You wanted to smoke it so badly and it almost kills you...I ended up at the casualty several times that year, mainly for cheese and super silver haze, yeah and probably due to lindane and ddt in the flat...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After smoking God knows how many cheese crosses and variations,,,I can say none have that electric sativa (but empty headed) high that brightsides has,,none make me bug like brightsides