What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

snakedope

Ok so what ur saying is all ams cheese back then (04-06) was suicide or brummie...
Well if that's true those cuts are amazing, and if the brightside chase has got to 275 pages, it must be even more insane cut of cheese
All i can say now is that I'm looking forward for you guys to find it haha

HazyDaze420

Those cuts came much later.
Highly Likely from big buddha stock. Then later ghs 'exodus'

I've been reading these cheese threads here for years now, lol
What is it that people don't get about "elite clones beimg elite clones?
There's one, all others are crosses or not even cheese.
It's clone only, 1 clone to rule them all, but listen to some theres loads of cheese clones, there isn't!

Crazy innit.

Terppalooza

Cheese - Cut from South Netherlands - another Cheese clone of mine, not the same as the "Exodus" i run that came from london. this ones a bit more vigorous, stinks like deep hashy, little less fruity more nasty xD.
_SAM3050.jpg

bimblebrains_1

The problem is that even the offspring of the real cut(some call brightside on here) have most of the profile of the mum passed down to them,which in turn makes them very loud and tasty.
People then keep them around because yer its a very unique,tasty,loud profile compared to most weed,that plant in their eyes is a keeper worth sharing,hence there are so many cuts of 'cheese' and after all that is what they were sold it as in seed form,and thats why they call it such.
Thing is the true stink and depth of flavor of the original are recessive traits from the old proper skunk from california that Watson made his skunk#1 from and those traits never seem to be passed down fully.
As HazyDaze420 just said there is only one cutting called cheese,and until people have tried it they think these seedline selections are amazing...if you had done you'd know,trust me

Last edited:

snakedope

You can never know a cut from talking about it in forums... I only tried cheese and grew it from big buddah, and multiple coffeeshop but that was back then.
If the suicide came much later which cheese cut dominated the ams scene in those years ? Cuz I've been to over 20 coffeeshops in my trip and they all had the same cheese, it must have been an elite cut cuz everyone stocked it, and indeed it was killer.
So instead of trying to find something I really don't know if I tried or not, I think it will be better if someone knows for sure which cut circulated ams in 05, that will be good enough for me ;)
Im 2 weeks into vegging 8 bbc seeds, cuz that's what I remember getting back then..
Is there another breeder from 05 that had cheese ? I mean in seed stores in ams
Maybe I forgot which breeder I bought then lol

goingrey

You can never know a cut from talking about it in forums... I only tried cheese and grew it from big buddah, and multiple coffeeshop but that was back then.
If the suicide came much later which cheese cut dominated the ams scene in those years ? Cuz I've been to over 20 coffeeshops in my trip and they all had the same cheese, it must have been an elite cut cuz everyone stocked it, and indeed it was killer.
So instead of trying to find something I really don't know if I tried or not, I think it will be better if someone knows for sure which cut circulated ams in 05, that will be good enough for me ;)
Im 2 weeks into vegging 8 bbc seeds, cuz that's what I remember getting back then..
No other seed companies besides Big Buddha Seeds had Cheese in 2005.

Others have got it later, like Greenhouse Seeds and Paradise Seeds.

snakedope

Alright so I was remembering correct, do you know which kind of cheese was in the coffeeshops at that time ? BB or some kind of known cut ?

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's under LEDs which makes it even more difficult to know, I'm more used to seeing them under HIDs, but it looks like the exodus should look I think, which is not so much like the old school cheese look was..
When I'll have the time I'll scroll through some pics and find some examples from this post, I believe I saw some good ones

You were going to help someone identify a cut you've never grown two pages back bc you have been to the dam once now there's no way to tell. 🤦🤦🤦
What a shit show .

bimblebrains_1

Alright so I was remembering correct, do you know which kind of cheese was in the coffeeshops at that time ? BB or some kind of known cut ?
They would no doubt have been running a hybrid to stock the coffeeshops,probaby from the HGF stock as that pre dates the BB line (i think),in an effort to make up for the depressing yield of the cut.....
As for BB ,76 has stated a couple times in this thread that BB has been quoted saying his seeds were not made with the original clone,he does now (allegedly)

goingrey

Actually I have to correct myself Paradise seems to claim they've had it since 2003 on their website. But from what I remember they didn't release any seeds until much much later.

First one with seeds was Big Buddha who released his Afghan cross Big Buddha Cheese in 2005 and Blueberry cross Blue Cheese in 2006.

Back then I never heard of any talk about different clones. There was one clone UK/Exodus Cheese. And whatever was going around as Cheese was assumed to be either from that cut or from Big Buddha's seeds (or knockoffs).

Of course, in this thread I have learned that were a bunch of Cheese clones and Exodus isn't even the original and Big Buddha also didn't have the original, lol. Ok illegal underground stuff lotsa hush hush info so everything would not be known to the community but, still, strange how everything has changed retrospectively.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
@ojd Will there be anything cheese at piffcon?

@goingrey
Im remembering a rumor that BB and GH cheese (before the exodus seeds) were produced in the same facility at one point?

also back then, my guy would tell us about different cheese cuts that existed before BB released his seeds like suicide, psychosis, livers, blues that were hybrids or something. They were still considered "real cuts"

My history with cheese
I had a pheno of GH cheese (before the exo) in 2010 that will always be "the one that got away" for me. I had 4 females but the #1 had to be a cheese representation. I even had a mentor from across the pond send me some cheese bx2 after I lost the GH pheno.

I had the whole grow documented on a different forum and he was even showing me the cheese traits while telling me which pheno was the closest one to the Uk Cheese. I still didnt listen and picked the one with the best yield.

So he sent me the cheese bx2's from "Pistils" offerings and I got 3 males and 1 female that wasnt as cheesey like my lost GH pheno. Cheese been my holy grail since.

Last edited:

goingrey

Im remembering a rumor that BB and GH cheese (before the exodus seeds) were produced in the same facility at one point?
"Green House Seed Co. is the official producer of the original Bid [sic] Buddha Seeds Cheese" is what the GH Cheese catalogue description says. Yeah now they have two, GH Cheese and Exodus Cheese.

Cloneman

Veteran
The first Cheese to arrive in Amsterdam was the Brightside cut at the homegrown fantasy coffeshop , direct from Brightside, he used to hang out there .
We were there in 2005, that's where I got cheese, it was the only coffeeshop that had it.
It's that taste, she never passes it that well, stink yes, but taste is always watered down loads in crosses with her, the ONE is instantly recognisable once you light that bitch up!
The taste yes!
No other seed companies besides Big Buddha Seeds had Cheese in 2005.

Others have got it later, like Greenhouse Seeds and Paradise Seeds.
Homegrown Fantaseeds had it because they were Homegrown fantasy coffeeshop.

Heath Robinson gave me the cheese cut in 2005, these pics are from Feb 2006 of one i grew on the side of my NFT. It tasted just like the HGF's cheese in the Dam.

1673797713216.png

1673797755127.png

1673797783207.png

Is it Brightside? I dunno, it was just cheese...
I loved the taste but didn't care about the high and the yield was shit. I "kept" her to pass onto quite a few peeps..

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
No wonder its all fookt up with so much nonsense..

There was no ghs cheese in early 2000s.

Jeez, not many people knew cheese existed back then.
There was even Pre cheese cuts knocking about now was there? Just lol

And we wonder why this thread keeps going and going and every fukka is confused.

Wow.
My bad your right it was 2010, but these guys had an existing cheese thread from 2008 that had been there for a while already and these guys knew all about cheese and the different cuts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts