What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U-DUB (UW)

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Here's another one.... some early veg shots of the famous UW.

A lot of folklore around this one. From what I have heard, this is a clone that came from Fred Hutchinson's Cancer Research Center at the University of Washington. It has been around for a long time. I am not sure of the genetics, but according to many sources it packs quite a punch, and some say the THC levels are as high as 31% !?! So a lot of mystery here, if anyone has anymore info please chime in and drop some science on our azz :D There is some info in the Cannabible 2, with a pic or 2. I have not had the pleasure of smoking this one yet, but it looks to be a branchy one, and it gives a hashy kinda smell when you rustle the little plant. One user who did smoke this recently told me it was couchlock of the highest order, the type that will knock your shit for a loop and then send you like a pack of wild dogz lookin to scavenge a fresh kill (aka mondo munchies). Well, those weren't his exact words but I gotta make it fun to read since we dont have any budshots yet! Anyway, here are a couple early shots.

More after the holidaze - Peace and Respect to All, M

G

dayumm

dayumm

i think i'm in love (with the strain,nohomo)

:biglaugh:cj

can't wait for after the holidaze :-D

filimagno

after i've seen all the strain u mentioned in the "fridge collection post" i suppose that i follow ur threads so coriously...BIG UP

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Hello again.

Quick little update. Hoping to cut these over in about 2 weeks. Can't wait, cause you just cant find much documented info on this one. Looking forward to some budshots. Anyway, here are some new veg pics.

Take Care- M

G

coming along great m!

what a beautiful brancher she is!

cause you just cant find much documented info on this one.

that's because there are o reports.
this strain is something of mystery, heresay, folklore :D

you've gone ahead and shown us the light and DAMN IS IT BRIGHT IN HERE!!!

keep 'em comin, m.steelers

hope your new year was enjoyable :)

cj

G

a friend told me the only place he's heard of this strain is mentioned occasionally as legend only (hehe) in various G13 threads
:2cents:cj

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Hey guys, I did find some shots of her at CW. This clone is legit for sure, provided by xxxxxxxxxxxx. I just am having a hard time finding any GOOD pics, besides the one in the cannabible2. The pics at CW are from a few years ago, before digicams could really shoot. I guess she hasnt made it around that much lately. I do hope it has the narco knockout stone, I need more of that in my mother room.

Anyway, we'll see soon enough. I am cutting her over next Friday.

Peace to All - M

Last edited:

KingRalph

she's turnin inta a nice little bush there m. quite the steady branchin, n the leaves remainin thin. this is really sparkin the curiosity, can't wait ta see what she puts out for ya. peace n green thumbs man

Last edited:

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Day 4

Day 4

What's up all - couple quick updates, Day 4 of 12 12.

Lot of training, topping, bending etc going on here. A mixed bag of plant manipulation.

Peace to all and GO STEELERS

G

i'll be keeping tabs on this one

With so little info on the strain etc. how do you know the clone is the real deal?

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
It just doesnt get around that much - been around a long time way before internet boards. My source is bulletproof and respected, he has smoked it recently also. I think he is flowering one too now, not 100% but i think he said he was. There are pictures out there I have found in books and a couple on other boards. So we have those for comparison at a minumum.

G

Isn't That your GC plant? J/K. The bushes are coming along, looking good.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Thanks.

Yeah Chris I thought that they looked similar too. The crack is more spindly though from what I can tell. Both are madd branchers.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Day 9 flowering - clusters starting to form. Getting ready to hit her with the flowering nutes and additives on the next water. Any questions lemme know

SUPER BOWL BOUND

Last edited:
Hey, M. Steeler, long-time lurker, but had to post about the U-DUB......... As a Washington St. Cougar, I wouldn't give anything U of W any props unless, as in this case, it REALLY was deserving. Gotta echo Snoho(mish) Man in what he says about it; You had to have the connections to get your hands on it, and it wasn't widely shared............

This was back in the early 90's when I was lucky enough to partake........ Was lucky to have a friend in a band who introduced me to a friend-of-a-friend who always had quality stuff......His guy, I heard, was supplying to the band Alice In Chains, which was just getting big at the time, their first album Facelift, with Man In The Box on it, came out at that time.......He introduced me to the Bubblegum, which he had available every Thurs. nite; Bubblegum was awesome, sticky, tastey, and strong!!!...........Here and there, when it wasn't available, he'd get other varieties: I specifically remember two of them, the Blueberry, and, of course, the U-DUB...........

I remember it as being just as the descriptions in this thread, STRONG... And my guy back then said the same exact thing, that it had been acquired thru someone working at/with Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the UW...............................

And speaking of the Superbowl, M. Steeler...... I was at the Seahawks game this past Sunday, was lucky enough to have a friend hook me up w/ticket for $120 :yummy: We pre-func'd outside QwestField for about 6 hours before the game................BBQ, Beer, Booze, and Buds :joint: We had $35 parking spots right across from the stadium, so I had the pipe in the trunk..........Passed it around with 3 dudes who were probably early 30's, a little younger than me...........Anyways, first I had some good, but unknown variety..........Then, reloaded with some very good, tasty Purple...........We got to talking about varieties, one of them brought up Diesel Thunderfuck, amongst others, so I got the impression they at least had some idea of the different varieties of cannabis............Then, unsolicited by me, they brought up the U-DUB!!!..........I didn't say anything about it, just listened as they talked about the same thing as i said earlier, about the Fred Hutch connection, etc. etc.

To sum things up, this aint no urban legend: This variety is real........Remember, back in the early 90's, it was nothing like it is now, with all the seedbanks and such......... I'm happy to see these genetics are still around; Hopefully, they will become more available to us all.........

M. Steeler, as much I would like to see The Chin :chin: win a ring, I'd prefer it happens in the future, not Superbowl XL :dueling:

Good Growing, and Go Seahawks!!! :woohoo: