What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TWshoot67’s 3rd grow

twshoot67

Hello icmag & friends,

First off I’m
open to all advice pointers anything that you see that I can do better. I want to be the best grower I can possibly be. Here are the particular. I have almost everything exclusively equipment wise being AC Infinity. Don’t know why I chose this route other than I like the quality of their equipment and what they offer. So here goes:

Equipment: Spyder Farmer 3’x3’x 6’ tent
Light: S33 Ionboard
2- 6” fans
1- 4” exhaust fan w/ Charcoal filter
all of these are using ac infinit’s UIS controller so everything can be controlled using my iPhone.

Plants : I started the grow using Royal Queen Seeds: I wanted to grow Auto’s so I picked their Fat Banana and Northern Lights. The original plan was just to grow 3 Fat Banana Auto’s but 2 seeds failed( never sprouted) so I decided to try 2 of the Northern Light Auto’s. Well I’m backing business I have 3 seedlings that were in their starter tray for 3 weeks under cfl’s to get started. Well I transplanted them into ac infinity 1 gallon mesh pots and they will stay in there until ready for 5 gal ac infinity HD fabric pots w/ listing holes to train plants. So I’ll add a couple pics of where I am today. I’ll will try to be very diligent and post every week until plants are harvested.

☮️ Tim

Last edited:

twshoot67

Had some issues adding pics let hope this time it works. It’s not much as it’s early in the grow.
IMG_0166.jpeg
IMG_0168.jpeg
IMG_0169.jpeg

twshoot67

Hello everyone my plants were doing fine but now it looks like since I transplanted to 1 gallon fabric bags the plants look like they are dying. Not sure if it’s shock. can anyone give me advice on how to bring them back to life? I think they’re in shock from transfer. I have only watered them twice since transfer which has been over 2 weeks. I’m just at a lost it there anything to give the plants?

thanks, tim

twshoot67

I forgot to add before they were transplanted I noticed 1 gnat under the plastic dome so I sprinkled some Diatomaceous Earth and got some on the leaves and they were wet from humidity so I sprayed with water to try to get it off leaves since these were only like 2 weeks old at that point. I’m not sure if that could have stunted their growth or was it transplanting them another week later? If anyone can give me a direction to go here? Should I trim off the leaves that seem dead ? Should I wait it out. It just really sucks as the seeds are from Royal Queen seeds and I only had 3 Fat Banana seeds and 2 were duds. So if this seedling dies it’s a complete bust on the fat banana’s. I really wanted to have all 3 going this grow since they were auto flowering.

any tips appreciated. I need to get these back on schedule.

OleReynard

Hello everyone my plants were doing fine but now it looks like since I transplanted to 1 gallon fabric bags the plants look like they are dying. Not sure if it’s shock. can anyone give me advice on how to bring them back to life? I think they’re in shock from transfer. I have only watered them twice since transfer which has been over 2 weeks. I’m just at a lost it there anything to give the plants?

thanks, tim
Have never had transplant shock normally they double in size almost over night.
I uppot 3 x each plant

twshoot67

What brand of soil are you using? And you're not covering them with domes still are you?
It was happy frog and ocean forest from my last two grows. 2-5gal fabric bags I took that soil figuring most the nutrients were used by last two grows. I have a 48gal tub that I mixed all the soil in and when I transplanted them from their seedling trays it seemed like they just stop growing. I wasn’t sure if it was just shock or was the soil still too hot for the babies , it’s been 7-10 days in this soil I made sure I didn’t over water so I was wonder should I try and repot them in just potting soil or maybe coco coir and perlite since I have plenty of both. what do you think?

twshoot67

Hi,

You could maybe let the soil get dry before watering again?
That’s what I’ve done since I thought it may be the soil. I just thought using soil that’s grown two plants already would lose some of its pop! Or heat! I was thinking of just going Coco Coir and perlite and then use nutrients when the girls need them, I guess my judge on using the old soil in the 1 gal bags might have killed my girls. I’m just hoping the girls can rebound back. I’ve check my lighting as the Lux numbers were good after I raised the light and used lower settings. So I thought maybe the light was the issue. But as you ask around and google a hundred times most keep pointing me to the soil being too hot.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
there is a whole section about autoflowers.
bunch of useful info there- take a look...

farmerfischer

It was happy frog and ocean forest from my last two grows. 2-5gal fabric bags I took that soil figuring most the nutrients were used by last two grows. I have a 48gal tub that I mixed all the soil in and when I transplanted them from their seedling trays it seemed like they just stop growing. I wasn’t sure if it was just shock or was the soil still too hot for the babies , it’s been 7-10 days in this soil I made sure I didn’t over water so I was wonder should I try and repot them in just potting soil or maybe coco coir and perlite since I have plenty of both. what do you think?
I'm not thinking it's too hot,, I use ffof and never have had a problem with being too hot,, but some growers in the past have said it can be alittle hot .. but seeing its used and mixed with happy frog, im not believing it is..
I missed the part you saying they were auto's.. I'm not to familiar with autoflowers,, this is my first time growing them myself.. mine are planted in foxfarm ocean forest and are doing good in it.. sorry I couldn't of been more help.. hopefully they bounce back..

twshoot67

there is a whole section about autoflowers.
bunch of useful info there- take a look...

Thank you!

twshoot67

Nice :) and thank you just getting ready to kill some ;)
Not quite sure if by “just getting ready to kill some 😉” if that statement above is after reading all the info provided that I should be kicking ass growing these girls or get ready to kill a bunch of girls because growing Autoflowers no matter how much you know you’re still going to kill a bunch. I hoping it’s my first thought, and this opinion by me is based on the emoji at the end of your quote. Or it could be the ladder if I don’t understand today’s lingo being a 60 year old man. I’m not sure if your age but if you’re much younger it could be a generational thing that sometimes older folk just don’t get just like my parents didn’t get me. Or it could be I’m just reading way too much into it. 😀

Latest posts

Latest posts