What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TW’s grow diary for SeedMafia comp

twshoot67

Well my girls have been hanging now I believe 10 days now. I’ve been popping in on them and making sure they haven’t dried up and it’s looking pretty good so far. I was originally thinking i needed the humidity at 50% and temp at 65/70 but I’ve gotten some advice from some fellow growers here and subs on Reddit and YouTube and what I’m trying to keep my drying tent at 60/60. Here’s where the tent is right now:
IMG_5367.jpeg

I think I’ve only got to 60% humidity a few times as it’s just hard to keep it on the nuts so most times it’s between 61-57% and temps are usually anywhere between 60-65°. But that temp will probably go up at we have a nor’easter coming overnight and all day tomorrow expecting 3-7”. So humidity will probably go up while temp drops.
Here’s a couple pics of the girls hanging:

IMG_5352.jpeg
I tried snapping one of the smaller outside branches and there’s definitely still so moisture in there as they weren’t snapping today!

twshoot67

I’m thinking maybe Saturday or another few days if needed. I just don’t want to rush or ruin the buds. Saturday will be 14/16 days. do you guys just cut and jar up once the branches start snapping? any Advice I’m learning and listening. Thanks everyone

Tim ☮️

twshoot67

I forgot to ask everyone here at IC when do they determine when to take out of drying tent or is the clear cut answer just wait until branch snaps clean with no should I say bending as this is our sign that there’s too much moisture still in the plant? Or do some of you just go with 2/3 weeks and if it’s still not dry enough for branches just to snap by 21 days cut anyway or check to make sure your humidity in drying tent is not too humid? I’m sure it can be subjective or another thing is what about when you hang each branch individually it will dry out faster or another way of saying it the smaller thinner branches should be removed as the bigger thicker branches like main cola can take longer to get to desired moisture level. To me it’s a little bit of everyone has their own way but I just want the best way and the best possible buds, so I’m willing to admit I rather use someone else’s method if this gets me the best end product. I think we’re all trying to end up with same results. We all want big plump sticky incredibly tasting buds that give us the end result we’re trying to achieve especially if this is for alternative ways to help us either mentally , physically and or both. Bottom line I want to grow bud that others say without hesitations, brother that could sell in any dispensary it’s that good. Good to the eyes, good to the touch, and good tasting. I may be asking for too much but I’m new to this and I want to get to that expertise in growing marijuana. May sound like I’m being arrogant or pretentious but I seriously I just want to grow high quality bud. So all I’m asking for is help from the greatest growers that have been very successful in this endeavor. I realize it can’t happen overnight but I am willing to take all criticism and advice. I hope if you are a great grower that giving that information up makes it feel
like someone like me is trying to creat a shortcut to success I want to tell you I am not, why I’m asking so many questions is because I’m already 60 years old and it’s not like I’m 20 and have 20-40 years to perfect this I’m asking because I’m coming down the home stretch in this thing called life. I don’t have 30 years to learn, but I hopefully have 30 more to live. Reality is 20 more like it with my family genetic. So that’s my only reason to try and become a master grower as fast as I can. Sorry for the long winded post. I want to thank everyone who have been extremely helpful in my endeavors

Thank you all sincerely,

Tim☮️

BigGPop

I try and get mind just before they snap, i can never get past 7 or 8 days drying, but im trying like hell this grow! You can believe what you choose of what you hear and what you read, but the only way is to do it, take notes, an weed out the BS lol, because there is alot! If you can keep it simple, youll be fine, you will constantly learn, just try and relax more, ya really cant tell someone what to do, ya gotta do it, you will make mistakes, and thats how you will learn. good luck! always learning, I really try not to spend crazy amounts of money on growing! I'm like the birds in the trees cheep cheep cheep!

twshoot67

I try and get mind just before they snap, i can never get past 7 or 8 days drying, but im trying like hell this grow! You can believe what you choose of what you hear and what you read, but the only way is to do it, take notes, a weed out the BS lol, because there is alot! If you can keep it simple, youll be fine, you will constantly learn, just try and relax more, ya really cant tell someone what to do, ya gotta do it, you will make mistakes, and thats how you will learn. good luck! always learning, I really try not to spend crazy amounts of money on growing! I'm like the birds in the trees cheep cheep cheep!
I just busted out laughing on that last sentence , like the birds in the trees, cheep,cheep cheep! I coulda’t help but start singing some Supertramp
A miracle, oh, it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily
Oh, joyfully, oh, playfully watching me. I don’t know why but it just popped in my head. You made my day brother. And yes you can’t believe everything you read on the internet. Nowadays the way the world is going it’s hard to not be cynical. But I try to always lean on being positive when I can. Not that it’s always easy. Somebody’s got to try and make this world a better place. But Yes I feel you brother, sometimes you just have to do it on your own. As in reality hands on is really the only way to truly learn. I‘m just really trying to take tidbits of info from growers that from what I have visually seen as successful to me. Have a great day and week ahead.

☮️Tim

negative37dBA

Veteran
Striving to produce medicine that you will be proud of is great. You certainly can do it. One of the best parts is knowing EXACTLY what went into what you are smoking. I have bought plenty of bud from dispos in the past and I can confidently say mine would absolutely be top shelf.
Finding a strain that is high quality and has the characteristics you like can be a bit challenging. Once you have that you are golden. There is so much variety today as well. Lots of types to try. I have been growing GG4 clone only for many years and it has become my all time fav. Hopefully you will find one you like similarly.
If you can keep your drying buds at or near 60/60 they can sit for a long while before jarring. You can always jar some up when you feel it is time. Let it sit for 1 day then burp it. If you get a pop or pressure from the inside its not ready yet. I went 17 days on my last run in the drying room.
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.

twshoot67

Striving to produce medicine that you will be proud of is great. You certainly can do it. One of the best parts is knowing EXACTLY what went into what you are smoking. I have bought plenty of bud from dispos in the past and I can confidently say mine would absolutely be top shelf.
Finding a strain that is high quality and has the characteristics you like can be a bit challenging. Once you have that you are golden. There is so much variety today as well. Lots of types to try. I have been growing GG4 clone only for many years and it has become my all time fav. Hopefully you will find one you like similarly.
If you can keep your drying buds at or near 60/60 they can sit for a long while before jarring. You can always jar some up when you feel it is time. Let it sit for 1 day then burp it. If you get a pop or pressure from the inside its not ready yet. I went 17 days on my last run in the drying room.
Thanks for your help and input I appreciate it.

twshoot67

As I’ve been reading and trying to find as much info as I can during this grow, I find that most everyone has similar #’s for temp and humidity during the drying stage. But I’ve come across different ideas on when to cut and jar up to cure the buds. I’ve got some saying cut them down when the branches snap others say don’t let them get that dry. So it can get confusing as to length of time hanging to short or hanging for too long. Let me see if I got this right, you want the hanging plants to get to the point that the chlorophyll is released or not trapped inside the center of the bud so they have to hang long enough for that to happen. So drying slow and at proper humidity is very important plus doing it slow helps that process. SomI think I’m very close to jarring them
up. I’ve heard one opinion to jar up right after cutting down and trimming and I have heard don’t jar right away give it a day or two? I’m not sure if this was to leave them just sit in a net hanging in same controlled tent or the other option I read was to put them in a paper bag like the old brown lunch bags. Or just do what I’ve read originally was to jar them up or put them in Grove Bags that control humidity for curing. If anyone has anything else I’m thinking by the way my plants are telling me to take down soon and cut. So I’ll probably just jar right after trimming as they’ll be close to 12 -14 days. As not sure if I should count first two days that I stressed out the plants after their last watering and I turned out the lights and let them sit in the dark for 2 days before cutting and hanging. But by doing that it seemed to start the drying process a little before hanging its just they weren’t upside down and they were still getting some type of nutrients from soil even if it was negligible.

☮️Tim

Happy Valentine’s Day!

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
I’m not sure if this was to leave them just sit in a net hanging in same controlled tent

☮️Tim

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I agree with negative. If you have a controlled environment (60/60) your golden. Let them hang till the stems snap. It's sort of hard to overly dry at that temp and humidity. My buds go straight to the jars once the stem snaps and trimmed. Drying, strain dependent, whole, hanging plants can take 15-21 days, doing the 60/60.

twshoot67

I agree with negative. If you have a controlled environment (60/60) your golden. Let them hang till the stems snap. It's sort of hard to overly dry at that temp and humidity. My buds go straight to the jars once the stem snaps and trimmed. Drying, strain dependent, whole, hanging plants can take 15-21 days, doing the 60/60.
Awesome. I guess just looking for reassurance, but like you said I can always take a couple of those outside small nuggets when the branches snap as they are almost there…. it may be two days and it maybe 6 I’m trying to wait it out I guess I’m just getting antsy. 🤪

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Tagged. Have you checked your buds to see if dry? Bend a low branch and see if it snaps. Check again near the top. Snap means it's prolly dry enough for the jar

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Finally read through the whole thing. Nice grow for a beginner. Some plants are just mutated or runty nothing to be done about that. I can't really help you much about how to dry, it's case by case. Trial and error. Some plants are gonna need more time to dry some less, maybe faster in winter and slower in summer. I never used any gauge to measure the environment. If it's hot and dry try to make the plant dry slower, if moist do what you can to make em dry faster.

I try to do it as slow as I can but as long as it doesn't dry faster than 5 days it's usually fine.

Dry on the stem, finish in the jar.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Man all that is not good advice. Don't agree with any of it. Don't steer him wrong now...
5 days is good if you like to smoke hay.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
I don't care either way I been here long enough to know that you gonna do whatever you want and someone's gonna come along and tell you don't listen to me cuz I don't know what I'm talking about followed by them searching through my pics to find the most out of contexts picture they can to use as the reason why they're right and I'm wrong. Do what you feel kid this is all personalized trial and error which is why I gave you loose guidelines and not any kinda hard fast rules.

View media item 17035668
View media item 17035667
Now look at these random pictures from my gallery showing some bugs on a leaf. Proceed to never even consider anything I ever tell you.

Peaces. ✌🏻