What's new

Two strains for outdoor.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do an outdoor grow every year. Would like to know what the guys of work for sweet seeds think I should use. Never had a bad experience with any of your auto strains. I want to try some of your photo period strains.
Actually, I got icecool as a freebe two years ago and it's what got me hooked on your autos. It was great stuff but it was the most non resistant strain to mold I have ever seen.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right now I'm thinking Mohan Ram and Green Poison. I need these to be finished by the first week of october. Second week is pushing it because everything is already dead by then. They stick out like a sore thumb going past October. I need a fairly well yielder as well as a faster finisher.

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi!
As Kygiacomo has said (thanks for the help), if you're looking for a fast strain, the best options are the F1 Fast Version. They're plants that finish around 2 weeks before, some of them in the last days of august, early september as the Green Poison F1 Fast Version.

My favorites F1 Fast Version plants are these:

Green Poison F1 Fast Version, Killer Fush F1 Fast Version, Sweet Cheese F1 Fast Version, and S.A.D. F1 Fast Version.

They have the best flavors that you could imagine, are good yielders, and they're covered with a lot of trichomes!

I really think you'll be Ok with some of them.
Hope this helps you!
jaypp

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jay. Which I may get 3 seeds of the four you named. Do they all end up with big fat hard buds or are they long and skinny?

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers SmokeyTheBear ;)

I'm with Jaypp's suggestions, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Is it possible to have an idea about your location? (doesn't need to be precise)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi again!

Yes, so go with any of the F1 Fast Version strains mentioned (I'm sure you'll enjoy it) or if you don't want to try the F1 Fast Version concept, go with Mohan Ram (more resin) or Green Poison (more production).

When I asked about location I was actually in the expectation that you were in Europe, as if you were then we could send you some packs of seeds for free for you to try. To the US we can't send, unfortunatelly.

But hey, they are very cheap and now we have a 10th Anniversary promotion where you get 7 seeds in packs of 5 seeds for the same price. Most of the major resellers have this promotion running or you could ask by email before ordering.

Cheers and sweet smokes!

tommy

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you guys say about my experience with ice cool? Is it only meant to be indoors where you can control the humidity? The stuff continued to mold even after it was cut down with a oscillating fan blowing on it. There wasn't any mold on the outside of the buds that we could see. The moldy stuff was thrown into a garbage can. We had to cut them all off the branches and trim each bud's leaves off. They continued to mold from the inside out. Had to throw away 1/4 of the trimmed bud away. By throw away, I mean make hash with it. Ever experience this with any of your strains?

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Smokey!

Of course I can't be sure, but it sounds pretty much like an environmental problem and not a genetic problem. Some fungus diseases attack the stems and then it seems like it comes from the inside of the flowers, but there are other possibilities.

How many Ice Cool plants are we talking about?

Do you have any pictures?

Cheers and kind regards,

tommy

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was just one plant. I grew it outside because it was a freebee. It was in the middle of a cornfield.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which of all the fast strains is the most potent and yields fairly well? and are any of them mold resistant?

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Which of all the fast strains is the most potent and yields fairly well? and are any of them mold resistant?

Cheers Smokey!

As good producers and very potent you have Green Poison F1 FV and SAD F1 FV. Killer Kush F1 FV is also very potent but may produce 10% less than the other two. Jack 47 F1 FV is very potent and productive, but may take a little longer to finish.

F1 Fast Version strains are as resistant to mold as their original versions, but they end up lowering the chances of getting mold because they are ready much earlier than their original versions.

If I was worried about mold, I would put Killer Kush F1 FV instead of SAD F1 FV because SAD F1 FV produces larger and more compact buds, which could be a problem with mold. Killer Kush F1 FV produces longer buds that are not as fat and compact, so they are not so vulnerable to mold.

But any F1 Fast Version strain is in theory more resistant to mold than any fotoperiod dependent strain without the F1 FV genetic.

Sweet smokes! :tiphat:

tommy

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers Smokey!

As good producers and very potent you have Green Poison F1 FV and SAD F1 FV. Killer Kush F1 FV is also very potent but may produce 10% less than the other two. Jack 47 F1 FV is very potent and productive, but may take a little longer to finish.

F1 Fast Version strains are as resistant to mold as their original versions, but they end up lowering the chances of getting mold because they are ready much earlier than their original versions.

If I was worried about mold, I would put Killer Kush F1 FV instead of SAD F1 FV because SAD F1 FV produces larger and more compact buds, which could be a problem with mold. Killer Kush F1 FV produces longer buds that are not as fat and compact, so they are not so vulnerable to mold.

But any F1 Fast Version strain is in theory more resistant to mold than any fotoperiod dependent strain without the F1 FV genetic.

Sweet smokes! :tiphat:

tommy

Awesome. Just wanted to know because I used a new plot last year. It worked out great and wanted to try the best possible strain here. I'm going to be going with 10 seeds of killer kush, 10 green poison, and 5 sad.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Hello STB.
I´m a SweetSeeds fan since i tried their stuff a few years back in the past.
It´s always hard for me to choose a specific strain, in a sense i´ve learnt to love them all.
I´m now trying three of the Fast Versions (KillerKush,CreamMandarine and Sweet Special) but because it´s my first run with them can´t comment yet.
But i already got a few favorite ones (GreenPoison,SAD,Psicodelicia and IceCool), all very easy to grow, with a great potential when comes to potency&taste.
And as you know better than me the end result is also very related with the environmental factors. When comes to mold resistance i know many UK outdoor growers using Sweet strains so my guess is that they can´t be that bad.
While living in the UK i´ve force flowered a few of their strains with great results but i´m yet to try that again now further down South.
All the best for this season STB.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Ordered 30 seeds today. Hopefully they make it here.

Gl smokey! this green poison fv i have is one vigorous bitch. shes caught up wit my other strains that i planted 3 weeks before. post some pics up when urs start flowering so we can compare. im at 37.5 n lat

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not very pleased with some of these seeds. Some plants grew to 5-6ft and the others aren't any bigger than 1-2ft. The killer kush and green posion are all big. It seems that the s.a.d. did not get big.

Latest posts

Latest posts