What's new

Two house orientation

sho

Veteran
Two 35x96 structures, what would you do?

Currently #1 is oriented N-S, I had the pad extended for #2 to go right next to it like this...

N

| GH | -10ft- | GH |

I'm curious if the angle of the light, mostly in the very early morning and late in the evening, when the sun is near it's lowest casting a shadow from one house to the other is going to cause some sort of reason to warrant $1500 in excavation to put them end-to-end and make one super-long tunnel

Any thoughts from others?

Two 35x96 structures, what would you do?

Currently #1 is oriented N-S, I had the pad extended for #2 to go right next to it like this...

N

| GH | -10ft- | GH |

I'm curious if the angle of the light, mostly in the very early morning and late in the evening, when the sun is near it's lowest casting a shadow from one house to the other is going to cause some sort of reason to warrant $1500 in excavation to put them end-to-end and make one super-long tunnel

Any thoughts from others?

mine are orientated east to west with a gap between to get tractor in to clear snow. I see a shadow in winter caused by the one structure being to close. Put twenty five feet or so between it if your gonna do winter runs (which I highly recommend)>

Peace, Oldschool

mine are orientated east to west with a gap between to get tractor in to clear snow. I see a shadow in winter caused by the one structure being to close. Put twenty five feet or so between it if your gonna do winter runs (which I highly recommend)>

Peace, Oldschool

Your example is exactly what I have in use !!!

sho

Veteran
Man we had some -20 and -30 with windchill days up here this winter, I can't imagine how I'd heat the damn thing cause the sun certainly doesn't come out around the Great Lakes too often!

Man we had some -20 and -30 with windchill days up here this winter, I can't imagine how I'd heat the damn thing cause the sun certainly doesn't come out around the Great Lakes too often!

We get cold but nothing like that !! Even with all the snow we get in Colorado the sun is intense at this elevation . Makes for a long winter if you don't get any sun ! I have watched your progress with your last years project . Check my album and you can see what's possible in winter in the high desert . Keep up the hard work it will pay off !:biggrin:

Peace , Oldschool