What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two Eshine LED 150x3w 3G panels growing chocolope

Nah man, it's just a shame because your plants look presentable enough as is, without washing them in baking soda and lemon juice.

When something is just so absurd, I can't help myself from pointing it out. I wasn't grumpy until I read about bud washing.

It does sound absurd doesn't it ;-)
Your plants look nice too.

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
ive remember the watter cure method being talked about back in the Overgrow days, and some time after it went out, but this is new to me, i wont say it is bad, but it sounds like it, adding the lemon juice and the baking soda,it reminds me of Crack, but if your happy with the end results, then, i guess thats the only thing that matters!

It's just a quick rinse in the water with lemon juice and baking soda then two thorough rinses.
There is nothing left on plants after.
You guys that do foliar like to smoke that shit? What about smoking dust and hair and dander? Do you wash your other produce before consumption or just eat those ferts and whatever?

Synthesis

Although you can wash fresh buds Ottawa, I'm not sure if it will be a good idea to do so.

My reasons for thinking this are as follows:

1) Washing your buds will encourage mould to grow. Even if you do dry them out - it will expose your buds to the high chance of mould/fungal/mildew growth. This is also the reason why during the flowering stage - people recommend reducing humidity levels to offset the chances of mould/fungal growth.

2) You can see that some trichomes are left in your pictures after the washing process - however washing your buds will remove trichomes (this is undisputable) and removing trichomes will reduce your potency.

I won't comment on the taste as I believe that it may actually taste slightly better but you would be sacrificing potency to attain it. Some may say that it would taste cleaner but if you're going to be smoking it through a bong (or any device that filters out the smoke) then your smoking device could also 'clean' it while you're smoking.

In any case, the idea is interesting Ottawa and I like it when people are open to trying things out of the norm (that's how we all learn right? :) )

Cheers man and keep on growin !