What's new

Two Billion Marijuana Plants Seized & Burned!

WanaB

about 1 plant for every three peeps on the planet - and most peeps don't smoke - poor bastards - so that would be 1 + plant per stoner = sounds good to me
good growing

That is a fuck load of plants...2 billion...really? lol that is some serious farming. they probably had a nice john deere tractor or bunch of mexicans.

Seeing as how morocco produces 62 metric tons of hash approx. annually, 2 tons is believable. turkey is known for their hashish, aren't they? lol

C

Chamba

they usually smother the ripped up green plants in gasoline or diesel, then set fire to it...so it won't do anything great to the environment.

anyway, so the cops nabbed some bunch of Turkish hill billy punters who had a good season for a change (well, up until the bust that is)..their big mistake was paying the local cops but not the local army, they took a punt and lost.

I didn't read the story, but someone above mentioned there were no arrests.....lol.....that means there's a Turkish general somewhere right now trying to off-load several tons of Turkish hash he pocketed along with all the cash he could rob just so the poor farmer's daughters were not taken and sold or jailed...this sleazy prick is probably in Amsterdam tonight in his room at the Hotel Krasnapolsky sitting down with the ton buyers talking prices, pick-ups and payments..and how many tons would they like to reserve for themselves for next year.

J

JackTheGrower

2 BILLION, only 41 people working it , no way they could plant that many plants it would cover the whole country of Turkey lol 2 MILLION maybe, to plant 2 billion plants with 41 people it would take about two years,lol/.

Probably trained by the USA DEA on how to count, weigh and estimate street value.

That only cost US tax payers 18 million.. I think we got a good deal? :noway:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
1 hour = 3600 seconds
1 day = 86400 seconds
1 year = 31,536,000 seconds

So how many years does it take to reach 1,000,000,000 seconds? Well,
31 x 31,536,000 = 977,616,000 and
32 x 31,536,000 = 1,009,152,000.

So 31 years is not enough, and 32 years is too much. Looks like it's
going to be 31 years plus a little bit.
So, if one person planted a seed every second, it would take approx
62 years to plant 2 billion seeds...break that down between 41 ppl, and
it would still be an impossibility...no way you could get it done before
the first plants you planted were ready for harvest--
It might have been possible if they had a couple thousand ppl tho,
but I just cut and pasted this math thing, so obviously I'm not the
one to work that out...lol--

Pot Pimp

TWO fricking ...Billion??? Two billion plants???? My brain can't comprehend that amount of plants. OMG, the price of good sheet just went up buddy!!

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
And it also took the Cavalry ten years to consume all that hashish, lol.

Sounds like some Near-East Country is lobbying for Western Money....

antimatter

Veteran
numbers sound bogus to me, but when your growing on a large scale you use farm equipment not by hand. I guess when your growing that many plants hash production is the only way to get a product, gawd knows trimming an operation of any scale is a bitch.

elykdogg

lol turkish forces "found" nearly 2 sq miles of plants??? how the hell could you miss it, you could prolly see it from space

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
for some reason I have a very hard time with math when impaired.
Try a nice racy sativa? I'm not that great at math and have even worse problems on indica. The sativas get my brain racing (faster than the bazillion miles an hour it already does LOL)

A

alpinestar

If they are grown really close, like hemp plants are done; it might be possible... Maybe.

They probably "accidentally" added a couple of zeros :rolleyes:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
to grow this large and get this many seeds they would have had to been controlling that are for generations. Had all the locals paid off well. They were all living comfortably for generations.

That is why I still doubt it was two billion.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i was doing some math on this earlier.

assuming you need 3 sqft for each plant you would need like 214 square miles to plant these 2 billion plants and 41 people certainly couldnt pull it off. assuming they can plant 1 seed per... second it would take...964 days for 41 people to plant 2 billion seeds. thats assuming they work 24/7 the whole time.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Just over 1 square mile

1135.8 acres
4600000 m² = 1.77606 mi²
OR 1 mi² and 21635587.9 ft²

1.7 square miles. lets just give them 2 square miles.

in 1 square mile, with 2 billion plants. thats 71 plants per square foot.

with 2 square miles. thats like 35 plants per square foot.

either way it goes. this is still total bullshit.

maybe they typoed the story and they found 20 million plants worth $2 billion, and not the other way around 2 billion plants $20 million.

knock off acouple zero's move the decimal place.

7 plants per square foot, or 3.5 plants per square foot for respectively 1 or 2 square miles.

more possible but still improbable.

Latest posts

Latest posts