What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

twitter just permanently banned donald trump

Absolem

I'm more worried about domestic terrorist's attacking the US government in hopes of over turning an election than I am about Trump getting kicked off twitter.

St. Phatty

I'm more worried about domestic terrorist's attacking the US government in hopes of over turning an election than I am about Trump getting kicked off twitter.

The way the armed protesters are piling up, it looks more like state National Guards at various capitols, vs. armed protesters.

Anything that happened in the US capitol on Day of, would be a total suicide mission, unless it was done via robot and/ or drone.

Incidents involving armed protesters will give Biden EXACTLY the news that he wants to introduce his pre-planned firearms legislation.

Absolem

The way the armed protesters are piling up, it looks more like state National Guards at various capitols, vs. armed protesters.

Anything that happened in the US capitol on Day of, would be a total suicide mission, unless it was done via robot and/ or drone.

Incidents involving armed protesters will give Biden EXACTLY the news that he wants to introduce his pre-planned firearms legislation.

IMO the days of trying to "ban" guns(with the exception of auto's) for the DNC is a non starter. The advancement of 3D printers and any machinist shop can make a gun. I see the first thing to push would be a national firearm registration with the exception of certain rifles and several others being "grandfathered".

I think the Dems will go after clip capacity size, ammo, military gear sold to civilians, certain types of scopes, mostly put a slow down on tactical gear. This would be constitutional because it doesn't affect gun rights.

h.h.

Veteran
non of that has anything to do with the principle i'm discussing. you guys will not understand till it happens to those you look up to i suppose.

like i say, Trump is not the issue, it's the principle. i couldn't care less if Trump has handcuffs put on him the day of the Biden inauguration.

thats not at all the point. its so sad to see people not able to look beyond "sides" and see things objectively.

ps: do you really think all 70 million trump voters are supporting nazism?

When they come to IC demanding that they stop banning members perhaps you’ll realize what nazism really is.

Trump is no longer president. He is a has been. I could care less where he finds his platform. Twitter doesn’t want him. He shouldn’t be forced on them.

You have to insult us all because you can’t grasp that concept. Let’s not go there.

h.h.

Veteran

That’s what Reagan did.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im sorry but it blows my mind that you don't see this situation as the slippery slope to cooperate facist style censorship that it represents. the us tech giants coordinated it, even google and amazon got in on the power move.

what good a press conference if it's banned off the whole internet?

will you only open your eyes if they do it to your heros?

don't you understand what it represents?

if it can be done to one it can be done to any and all, including your side. thats always how these things go. its the thin end of the wedge.

twitter, google, facefook all need to be split into separate national entities operating under the jurisdiction of each nation they operate in. accounts should be able to communicate cross all the twitters or facecrooks, but no more centralized authority based in the US for the whole worlds use of twitter and facecrook
Absolutely 100% agree. And so did Elizabeth Warren several years ago when she tried to break them up and the GOP stopped her claiming "Private businesses can do what they want."

And now they are. Donald Trump isn't the victim of censorship. He's the victim of Capitalism.

igrowone

Veteran
Absolutely 100% agree. And so did Elizabeth Warren several years ago when she tried to break them up and the GOP stopped her claiming "Private businesses can do what they want."

And now they are. Donald Trump isn't the victim of censorship. He's the victim of Capitalism.
indeed, the proverbial serpent's tooth
funny the ways justice sometime finds to even the scales

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
indeed, the proverbial serpent's tooth
funny the ways justice sometime finds to even the scales

That's what's most amusing/frustrating about this situation is the complete and total misunderstanding of the 1st Amendment.

And I love the members here saying "You lefties supporting this are going to regret this one day!!"

No. No we won't. Because we understand how the 1st Amendment works.

And despite what Donald Trump says, repealing section 230 would just ensure people like him and his followers would just get banned faster. Not a company on the planet would open themselves up to litigation for allowing unmonitored hosting.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's what's most amusing/frustrating about this situation is the complete and total misunderstanding of the 1st Amendment.

And I love the members here saying "You lefties supporting this are going to regret this one day!!"

No. No we won't. Because we understand how the 1st Amendment works.

And despite what Donald Trump says, repealing section 230 would just ensure people like him and his followers would just get banned faster. Not a company on the planet would open themselves up to litigation for allowing unmonitored hosting.

seems like they've only read,and badly misunderstood the second amendment...

St. Phatty

It might be a little more inter-personal than that.

People don't like Trump because he's a Perma-Dick.

As far as the censorship, he can have a Presidential Press Conference any time he wants.

Of course, with Twitter, he doesn't get asked questions to his face, on video.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It might be a little more inter-personal than that.

People don't like Trump because he's a Perma-Dick.
I really don't think it is.

Amazon/Twitter/Google/Facebook/etc. were happy and fine with Trump and Parler being on their platform until they refused to do anything about the posts talking about violence on private and public individuals, potentially putting the company hosting the content into legal/civil jeopardy. Because Section 230 doesn't protect what can be considered "illegal content", which unprovoked violence upon specific people most certainly does.

Do you really think business people give a shit about what people post until it puts the company in legal jeopardy because of some ideology? Their only ideology is "More money because if a lot is good, more is better."

It was only up until after the riots that businesses finally said, "Whoa! That's the line! That's it! No More!" Up until then Trump could act however he wanted to whomever he wanted.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
When they come to IC demanding that they stop banning members perhaps you’ll realize what nazism really is.

Trump is no longer president. He is a has been. I could care less where he finds his platform. Twitter doesn’t want him. He shouldn’t be forced on them.

You have to insult us all because you can’t grasp that concept. Let’s not go there.

who insulted "you all"?

you guys don't seem to be able to understand the concept im discussing here. its not about Trump for me, its about the principle.

as i said, im happy they did this. as can be read in the worlds news, Twitter just shot themselves in the foot using a 12 gage pump action. this has served as a wake up call for all the world leaders etc.

truth is, if the big tech monopolies were not colluding to suppress any competition, we would already have an alternative.

but now they won't be able stop it, as the world's elite has seen the power that the social media monopolies hold in their sticky fists, jack will not be able to put Pandora back in her box.

no matter how convenient you think it was, the precedent it sets is awful.

------------------------

have no idea how factual this account is, but it's a first hand account from someone who was there at the front. probably worth watching if all you saw was cnn/mbc coverage of events that day of January 6th, 2021.

The Final Hours of Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEp024TNtu4

[YOUTUBEIF]gEp024TNtu4[/YOUTUBEIF]

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Censorship?

who cares what you call it.

the fact remains, the sitting, elected,
president of the USA, was banned off twitter!

audiohi

Veteran
who insulted "you all"?

you guys don't seem to be able to understand the concept im discussing here. its not about Trump for me, its about the principle.

You don't seem to get it. Everyone sees what your saying for what it is.

Your principle end at your own "ban button"

How does someone handing out warnings and bans, just keep complaining about people getting banned?! smh

Rules for thee, not for me.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Censorship?

Yes. A giant turd impersonator was warned 1000 times to follow rules or be banned from a privately owned website.

Imagine if he had his own news room with anxious reporters to help him connect with the people. Wouldn't that be a concept.

Cuddles

Censorship?

better late than never, sa they say.

I just wish they had thought of that 5 years ago. It would have saved me from having to see his bullsh*t from being repeated and talked about it on TV.