What's new

Twitter ignores marijuana policy questions at President Obama's "Twitter Townhall"

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
How do you think the AG 'finds' anything? Pulls it out of his ass? The AG's 'finding' would be determined through DEA and or HSS. Otherwise, the AG has no means or information to make his own schedule. Lawyers don't make medical determinations, that's up to HSS, FDA(?). DEA has the same code you do and reform advocates are petitioning them, not the AG. That might be yer clue right there.

Somebody tell ASA to ask AG if he'll pull reform out his ass. (It would be following your line of reasoning.)

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
the AG "finds" through requested scientific reports from the sec. of hhs.
the sec. even gets to make a recommendation.
did you even read your link?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Why would he 'request' anything he can pull outta his ass? ASA's been wasting 40 years of time. They should just check you out and see how it's done.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
or read the law?

maybe the understand this administration is not gonna act?

still contending the dea was created by an act of congress?

"let it go"
you are now resorting to the last defenses...

mofeta

Veteran
DiscoBiscuit reminds me of the folks who claim the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee an individual right to bear arms.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
disco biscuit makes me think of sea biscuit in bell bottoms and a rhinestone jacket, and super tall horseshoes with gold fish inside the heals. staying alive. lol. just the visual i get from the name.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
DiscoBiscuit reminds me of the folks who claim the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee an individual right to bear arms.

DiscoBiscuit reminds me of someone who doesn't need to use personal attacks to get his points across.

budlover123

btw nixion's XO
11768 AKA Reorganization Plan No. 2 of 1973...
establishes the DEA...
Nixon's XO to create a horrible institution designed to give pharmaceutical companies power over the people by using the government as their tool will of course be allowed to happen within the system, Barrack Obama telling the country to legalize it, might be possible, but it's highly unlikely. I think it would be much more likely if this bill got passed and put on his desk.

Although highly unlikely, it is interesting that presidents are only allowed to serve 2 terms, almost giving them political license to do crazy things like legalize marijuana, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It is interesting and shitty to think about how Nixon basically just created all this bullshit out of thin air and stopping it seems impossible.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
it's not impossible..
the prez just doesn't care enough.
or his corporate masters told him to forget it.

Stranger

The problem is that with prohibition it was a ratafied amendment, the DEA / drug war is not at all.

The DEA is just a construct pulled out of Nixons ass. The AG gets advise HHS, then he decides. He could tell them to get bent thanks for the advise. Like they do to the AMA.

We are not talking about war powers DB, of course the Pres is not a dictator. If Congress was pissed enough they could just undo his order of course, but he could still make the attempt.

That's what is so maddening about the situation... it is not an amendment that we all agreed on and could just go the hell away with a determined leader.

Imagine the impeachment proceedings if a Pres dissolved and re-a signed the DEA, that would be entertaining for sure.

Peace
:joint:

ps: when I think of Disco Biscuit.... Roher 714 or Lemon 714 comes to mind... then I black out :faint:

devilgoob

Veteran
youre right OGmolten. I should organize a small protest somewhere myself with just me, my friends and our message. Thoughts are always power, I have powerful thoughts.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
The problem is that with prohibition it was a ratafied amendment, the DEA / drug war is not at all.
your thinking 'bout booze...
that was repealed with ratification of 21st.
and has no bearing on mj(other than to be a laughable example of stunning hypocrisy)

budlover123

youre right OGmolten. I should organize a small protest somewhere myself with just me, my friends and our message. Thoughts are always power, I have powerful thoughts.
Good for you, maybe make some flyers, test them on people who you think won't react well to them and keep changing it until they don't hate it, then you'll have a powerful flyer.
dagnabit said:
(Alcohol) has no bearing on mj(other than to be a laughable example of stunning hypocrisy)
for real. When I hear about the DEA talking about marijuana's potential for abuse, in light of alcohol, it's clear that its a scam. Not to mention all the constantly abused prescription drugs that are all much more toxic and dangerous than marijuana.

we are clearly being scammed by our governments