What's new

Twisted growth - Leaves look like throwing stars!

Look very closely under the leaves where they meet the stem. Look for tiny aphids, the leaves will do this when they suck the sap out from the tender stem base. If you have them get a pyrethrin based bug spray.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
You know, that kind of looks like my leaves did when they got too strong of a nutrient solution in my hydro setup.

i agree- currently i'm growing slh in dwc and my 2 sativa phenos that are 4 wks old developed this. as i heard they were very nute sensitive, i kept dropping ec. at 300ppm leaf growth returned to normal after 1 week

Moots

I had similar leaf deformation, but only on two leaves that I touched early in their development after having a smoke(cig), and not washing my hands.

My bet, too many additives, something has to be building up, especially if some of the additives are doubling up on certain ingredients. I know a month old should be able to handle it, but maybe the strain is sensitive to nutes?

Start eliminating variables. It's gonna be hard because your additive list reads like a grocery list, maybe more accurately a senior citizens medication list.

Easiest way to do it would still be a pain in the ass, and take a while. Ideally you would isolate a test plant and give it its own reservoir, but, next best thing. Replace all the water in your Res, add just your basic grow nutes, see how the plant reacts. If it starts normal growth add another additive after a few waterings, if still normal growth, add another after a few more. Eventually, you will add something that will cause your growth to go all effed up, and problem solved. If this doesn't work? At least you know it isn't a nute problem.

BlueGrassToker

I agree with your over-nute theory, Moots. But I think we will find mutations to be systemic and not "caused" by something like touching a leaf. I hardly think anything at all will happen from smoking then touching the plants...or else I have been in big trouble for years (lol)
Seriously, that isn't going to happen. Tobacco could actually be an amendment, and doesn't have any toxins that are going to cause what you fear.
If you were to touch a leaf with something detrimental, it would more than likely manifest itself by leaf deformation and eventual necrosis, not a growth mutation.

Latest posts

Latest posts