What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Twin embryos in a single shell

hfm

@acespicoli "Wind blown double fertilization" is the commen thing but most of the time the polar nuclei is absorbed.Sometimes its not and I always thought it had to do with environmental influence. Maybe a spike in favorable conditions,to help with evolving into a new area.
So I had the most expressions when picking females of genetics known to throw and putting them in close quarters with a fan during pollination.A lot of landrace stuff does it and the more ruderal the lines the higher the concentration of occurence.
If you run new gear into those types of lines,you will see a higher frequency of these express.I've tried talking to people smarting then me about it but always get crickets.Anyways maybe that will point you in a good direction or maybe in one you don't want to go,best of luck with it all.Cheers

Makes me beg the question which strains gave you twins ?
Im trying to catalog and make a list of these type of mutations,
X18 seems to produce many types of mutants

Hi Ace,

Had an ak bean brains Freezeland seed throw two tap roots from one seed real recently, like two days ago. Not even sure if it's surfaced the dirt yet.

As an aside, several years back I seem to remember another Freezeland seed doing the two plants from one seed thing. One plant was dominant, I believe we beat the term "mini me" to death until we moved onto other bad grow room banter. Can't remember who the breeder was, but the seeds likely came from Hemp Depot.

Good luck with your catalog. I've had some other twins too, can't recall the strains though.

CharlesU Farley

Want to see what they look like when they grow up?

1000010851.jpg

1000010849.jpg

1000010850.jpg

Have no idea what happened, it was from a single seed and it started off as a _single_ main stemmed cannabis plant. I don't top, fim, etc.

Since I reverse-engineered Sensi's NL, I'm used to having some heavy Type II//Indica dominant plants, as well as Type IV/ Hybrid dominance in most plants.

Never had it show up in the same plant before. Still not sure what the fuck happened, as far as I can remember and see on the archive photos of this grow, There were _never_ two separate plants and one container.

Have had dual tap roots from one seed many times, just not two distinctly separate and different phenological plants from one seed. ;)

Rastafarout

Premium user
That is crazy .. curious to see the bud side by side.
The twin only made like 2wks and shrivelled up
Probably should of only separated them when they were bigger