What's new

Turbo's 22kw Medical Garden

turbo14

Veteran
Hi Folks,

I've been a lurker for many years on the board and now would love to share one of my projects with you. I'm usually a hydro guy, but I always love to play in dirt:) During this run we will be running 3 sections of 6,000 watts each equipped with 30 plants totaling 18kw and 90 plants. These ladies will be started in 1 Gallon grow bags and will be transplanted to 7 gallon grow bags on week 3 18/6.

Also along for the journey are 5 very mature (and lanky) mother plants that will be hitting the flower room as well. These plants will receive an additional 4kw of their own light making it 1.25 plants per light. Netting will be installed and plants will be brought down and spread out to fill the entire grid. These are some serious trees and will be getting a upgrade to bigger pots as well. :dance013:

Here are some pictures of the beginning. Grab your pop corn and snag a seat, this should be a fun ride:wave::wave:

Turbo
:tiphat:

benjuanman

Veteran
this should b a sweet ass ride man. luv watchin the grows where u speak in "killa" watts just raw power. peace

turbo14

Veteran
Got all of the little ones potted up today in 1gal grow bags watered in with Liquid Karma:)

Still got some ducting to hang as well as install some max fans on each section to lower the lights closer to canopy. This warehouse is for the most part colddddd and the big ladies were showing it today. I will have this room completely dialed by the 12/12 switch to ensure a happy ending:)

Let the games begin.

Updated Pics to come first of the week.

turbo14

Veteran
Awesome space to work with man, looking forward to watching this one.

Thanks man, we are hoping to pack this joint out:dance013::dance013:. There is about 3 feet of walk-way space in between each set of 6 lights to ensure elbow room and sufficient room to water. Next run there is talk of dropping an additional 3 Vertical 600w Bulbs in between those walk ways on yo-yos for more side lighting, none the less we will knock it out of the park on this first one:)

I am still open to ideas on which nutes to use for the bloom cycle. I am usually rockin' hydro. For Veg they are getting the Botanicare Lineup:

Pure Blend Grow
Liquid Karma
Silica Blast
Cal-Mag
Great White Shark Myco

Kinda messing around with different soils and soiless mixes, the majority are in Pro-Mix, but there are around 25 in Ocean Forest and Humboldt Organic Mix.

Ya'll come back:wave:

turbo

Bunz

Very nice. I remember a member from the OG days that grew 1 lb trees like those. Lived in the Yukon in the middle of nowhere. His name slips my mind though.

Definitely on board to see how you tie those trees down!!!

Bunz :D

Bunz

Thanks man, we are hoping to pack this joint out:dance013::dance013:. There is about 3 feet of walk-way space in between each set of 6 lights to ensure elbow room and sufficient room to water. Next run there is talk of dropping an additional 3 Vertical 600w Bulbs in between those walk ways on yo-yos for more side lighting, none the less we will knock it out of the park on this first one:)

I am still open to ideas on which nutes to use for the bloom cycle. I am usually rockin' hydro. For Veg they are getting the Botanicare Lineup:

Pure Blend Grow
Liquid Karma
Silica Blast
Cal-Mag
Great White Shark Myco

Kinda messing around with different soils and soiless mixes, the majority are in Pro-Mix, but there are around 25 in Ocean Forest and Humboldt Organic Mix.

Ya'll come back:wave:

turbo

If ya replant when ya flip the lights, the Ocean Forest mix will do ya good for about 3 weeks. I usually run the FF organic blooms, but last run tried the GH organic line (they sent it to me for free) and it performed very well also.........

Bunz :tiphat:

turbo14

Veteran
If ya replant when ya flip the lights, the Ocean Forest mix will do ya good for about 3 weeks. I usually run the FF organic blooms, but last run tried the GH organic line (they sent it to me for free) and it performed very well also.........

Bunz :tiphat:

The mothers are in 5 gallon drilled buckets, but will be getting transplanted into some larger 10-15 Gallon grow bags for more real estate for the roots.

The little ones will be getting re-planted at around week 3 into some 5-7 Gallon Bags.

All plants including the trees will be lifted off the cold floor onto pitched tables that will stream run-off to collector bins. Nets will probably be installed at week 3 right after re-replanting and the grid will be filled.

Did I mention, we will be blasting CO2?:deadxmas:

turbo

turbo14

Veteran
Update:

Got the little ones potted up and watered in, they are on temporary pitched tables that allow us to collect run off. We will be building new (2) 4x12 tables for each 6,000 watt section. They will either be on wheels or casters that allow us to slide the tables apart allowing us to get in between the tables to train and prune branching.

Looks like we will are going to have to install some heaters in the room as it gets down way too low for my liking with the lights off.

Snapped some pics of the room slowly filling up as well as some toys that haven't been hung yet. Reflector, Nexgens, ect..

turbo
:wave:

:jump:

somoz

Veteran
Rooms inside of rooms inside of rooms......always a treat. A good fix for the heat issue is to run the three rooms on an over lapping time cycle so you can exhaust the hot air of one room into the other room that has lights off. Might be a bit of work and possibly not worth it pending your time around the grow but an option.

What strains you running?

turbo14

Veteran
Rooms inside of rooms inside of rooms......always a treat. A good fix for the heat issue is to run the three rooms on an over lapping time cycle so you can exhaust the hot air of one room into the other room that has lights off. Might be a bit of work and possibly not worth it pending your time around the grow but an option.

What strains you running?

That might be an option in the future, for this one run.. it's gonna be fully lit:) :jump:

We will be running our flower cycle during the nighttime.

Kushage

Euforia

Skunk Armageddon

:thank you:

turbo

Tako

ICMag Donor
Who those mother's look like palm trees from the Corona commercials... with the Christmas lights. hehe Should be massive, Nice!

turbo14

Veteran
Who those mother's look like palm trees from the Corona commercials... with the Christmas lights. hehe Should be massive, Nice!

Welcome to the beach my friend. These lanky ladies are sitting around 5'10-6.0' right now:blowbubbles:. If I was to flip these and let them go, they would stretch to high heaven. However, I plan on bringing them down to around 5' and spreading them out over a large trellis before the flip. Lot's of tying down and pinching will take place for these ladies once they reach the trellis. I like my scrog canopy's maximum depth to be 12" and under with an even canopy.

Stay tuned

turbo:tiphat: