Turbogarden (Ebb & Flow) vs. Econojet(not 2x2) vs. Waterfarm

• Botanicare Turbogarden(Ebb & Flow)

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Botanicare Econojet(not 2x2)

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • General Hydroponcs Waterfarm 8 Pack

Votes: 23 40.4%

• Total voters
shipping costs are about the same. horticultural source charges $11 more. prices at 4hydroponics are same to more, mostly more. prices at plantlightinghydroponics are cheaper and shipping is slightly cheaper.

JUST GET THE FUKN TURBOGARDEN already. lol, seriously, its a good value, and the res is completely covered with tray and small lid.
That's what I don't like about the Turbogarden is the tray is the lid. So every time I gotta change my res, U gonna help me move the tray? LMAO! U know I'm being a wise ass. I see u gotta sense of humor also! I actually have to go pick up 2-4x4 Botanicare Trays and 1-40 gallon res, he also has a 70 gallon res, w/o a lid though. He's willing to give me the 70 gallon res w/o a lid for like $45. Not sure if I'm gonna get yet. Plus he's got fans, filters all for way less than 1/2 the price. So it's like 45 minutes from my house but, he claims to have some new items too, so it might be worth my drive and $$$$$$$ if I get everything from him for less, even if some is used.
BUT, if you have timers, pump, grorock and all of the extras check out "american hydroponics Bigfoot low profile" its a quality e&f 2'x4'.
I will NEVER use American Hydro products. Sorry but they look cheap in the pics, let alone in real life. They sell them at my local Hydro store. I can get a sturdier tray from Botanicare for the same price. Plus most of their systems don't even have a lid for the res.
Stop procrastinating and MAKE THAT CHOICE! LMAO! I will keep an eye out for a used Turbogarden, and Waterfarm for cheap. I plan on trying ALL those systems out someday.
p.s. AVOID horticulture source.com as quoted in last few posts, they rape you in shipping costs. They are RIP OFFS. Just like bestbuyhydroponics.com Items are cheap as hell, but shipping is as much as the item! SERIOUSLY! look 4 urself. So is BGhydro.com Most of those CALI stores are good for in store purchases(I wonder if the prices in store are as low as their website. I called a store a few days ago, where the dude told me the web prices were different then instore, cause of direct shipping, BS! How is the price of the merchandise gonna be different. If its direct shipping the price should be factory prices! LMAO! I could understand if the price was the same but s+h was more because of a factory direct shipping, but the makers of the product charging more than than the stores???? I have about seen every USA hydro store website, by now.
4hydroponics and plantlightinghydroponics are some real cheap sources online, chekem.
4hydroponics.com is the cheapest for the Turbogarden so far, advancedhydroponicgarden.com is the cheapest for Waterfarm at $299 shipped to my door, and alternativehydro.com for the 3x3 Econojet at $299 shipped to my door. But as I said I plan on trying to do a Turbogarden style grow out of my 4x4 tray(that I plan on gettin 2morrow). As far as plantlightinghydroponics.co, that's who I use for most of my nutes and fans and filters. They are REALLY cheap when ur orderin a bunch of stuff, because they don't jack u on the extra delivery items fee. So if u order 1 thing they'll charge u an alright price, but if u order another item that the same weight, it only goes up by a few cents. So like when I order my nutes, I order there If I order my whole nute regime from there it save me like $150. I compared the prices on all the 3 Humboldt Nutrient Recipes, between my local store(which is pretty average on nute prices, though they are expensive with actual other stuff, like electronics, and systems), and it averaged(depending on which recipe) between $150-$275 cheaper than my local hydro store. But I must admit, when it come to systems, plantlightinghydroponics.com is really not that cheap.
Thanks dude. I greatly appreciate u takin ur time to help me out.

too late, i already ordered from them, although i didn't want to use paypal, so maybe it didn't go through. i will check out those sits, though. thanks
Mountain I think he was talking to me. LMAO!!!!! Can I get a toke of wat u got?????????? Don't forget I will be in Cali in beginning of March! Not planning to fly with anything soooooo! Save me some of that SHYTE! LMAO! Just kiddin..... Not about the going to Cali and savin me some shyte part though!

i didn't go through and i ended up at plantlightinghydroponics. i also VERY much liked the prices on the lumitek ballasts. my husband paid wayyyyyy too much for the ones we have and i want to switch to two dual 600s instead of four 600s. then i can franchise out the four i have, of course . . . Momma's got to do what she's got to do.

now i do have to admit that my veg is in my study with my computer and my library. how will the sulphur bother these. i've got a bunch of painters tarps that are clean in the package. i was thinking of covering everything up. is it necessary? if it is necessary, will it help??

Miss O

and yes, the O/Mountain Mix gets me sooooooooooooooo high. it simply came out beautimus and since the only thing my hubby did for it was pot it as a mother and occasionally feed as a mother, and move into flowering, i can take the majority of the credit for the actual work here. i am so proud of myself. i love my new hobby. i wish there were about 30 hours in a day, however. then i could sleep more than 5 or 6.

Miss O

C

CannaCompulsory

311:"...That's what I don't like about the Turbogarden is the tray is the lid. So every time I gotta change my res, U gonna help me move the tray?"
yea i dont mind helping you move the tray if you want. Seriously though, it has access to res through a separate door in the top if you want to drain it WITHOUT removing the tray,
Or you just flood the tray, and drain the water from the tray via pump or siphon.
good luck with your choice regardless. I just dont like used gear, but I DO like thick botanicare quality shtuff.
PEACE

We got a cheap pump at Home Depot for removing the water from the Turbo Gardens. It was maybe $50 and it's fast . . . .

I'm digging my partner's approach of finding things we need through alternative places, such as finding pumps for our four plant bucket systems (black bucket things from alt garden and other places i'm sure) at a contractors supply warehouse and getting a pump for my 120 ezcloner at a pet supply store. my cats are just loving the noisy toys i bought, too, so the shipping would be free. and i saved $50 that way off of alt garden's prices . . . .

Sorry I haven't been around guys. Been sick(cold) for quite a few days, and today was my first day really back to my "some what" groove. And my first day feeling better, was aggravating. I will never do a soil grow. well actually, if I do a table top grow, where I wont have to take 2-5 gallon, and 2-3 gallon, or ANY pots to the bathtub and sink! For real, I had the 2-5 gal. in the bathtub flushing, and the 2-3 gal. at the kitchen sink. I was a pain in the ass! So I went ahead and got the 4x4. I already own 1-6" inline(464 cfm), and 1 4" Organic Filter. This fan here is also a 6" and the Filter is a 6" Goblin filter. Dude said he used it for about 5 months(1 grow), and the dude seemed to be pretty straight. I mean I went to HIS house(obviously). So I doubt he'd try to do somebody dirty in the 1st place. After all Dude did have a HOT ass 60something" screen LCD TV. LMAO! J/K but if he did do me dirty, that TV would make up 4 it. LMAO! But I paid $200 for all this:

DSC03789.jpg DSC03790.jpg

DSC03791.jpg DSC03792.jpg

I will admit, I expected for Botanicare's tray and res, to be a little more thicker than it is. It seems to be a little to flimsy. And bends pretty easy. And their res in in NO WAY light proof. Even that little porthole cover is really not that good of a cover. Now I understand why people say make ur own. But I wanted one and now I got 1! YEAH! So hopefully in a few month s a wil have my ebb and flow up and going. I will still keep an eye out for more stuff on CL. Or maybe gettin a Turbogarden also. Fu@$ it! not like I got the dough, but I didn't spend the amount I thought I was. Still got a lil left over. We'll see! this is a....... TO BE CONTINUED...........

I do plan on doing container grow. Not I gotta decide straight Hydroton as my media, or a lot of people got me thinking about Coco, with Hydroton at the bottom, for easy drainage. Any opinions?????

Also here are some of the 1st girl to be chopped. OK here's the story. I was stoned beyond any means of understanding(if that makes any sense. I might be THAT stoned now), but I put 4 cups all together, with beans in them. As I dropped the beans, I labeled the cups. The first cup got labeled correct. I dropped the beans in the 2nd cup. It got labeled correct. I dropped the beans in the 3rd cup...... Then I guess dropped the beans in the 2nd cup, and just about when I took my eye's off the cup, it came to me. Which one is which. So needless 2 say, I'm not sure which one is the Chiesel, and which one is the Pineapple Express. I've been thinking that the one I just chopped down was the Chiesel, cause it has a pungent smell. Stinky, nasty smell. It even tastes the same way it smells. Like a fuel smell(not actual fuel, but u kno what I mean). Now wat I thought was the PE, because it had a very sweet, almost Fruit Punch smell, is starting to have a nasty, unbearably stinky, delicious smell. It won't be ready for a couple of weeks more, so that's when I'll be able to do my final decision about which one is which. I have smoked "real" NYC Diesel a couple of years ago. And this bud kinda had that taste, so that's why I also Chiesel. Now I gave it 48 hours of darkness, and majority of my top buds turned purple, during that darkness period. U might be able to notice some of them in the pics. But I took 1 close up, of 1 of the purple nugs. Can't wait. Had a few samples, tastes even better than wat I took down last week. Smooth as heck! Tasty, tasty yum, yum, tasty! See if u can spot some of the purple nugs, beside the close up pic. Have fun! :smokey:

DSC03783.jpg DSC03785.jpg

DSC03784.jpg DSC03786.jpg

G

Greyskull

I will admit, I expected for Botanicare's tray and res, to be a little more thicker than it is. It seems to be a little to flimsy. And bends pretty easy. And their res in in NO WAY light proof. Even that little porthole cover is really not that good of a cover.
you are a little too concerned with the light getting into your rez. all you have to do is keep the rez under the table and you will not have to worry about any issues with algae in your rez... the cool thing about their rezies is they are only 12" tall... youcan keep your table low which is especially great if you have low ceilings.
they rezies work great i have 2 40gs... one for each 4x4. had them for a few years now - no complaints.

I do plan on doing container grow. Not I gotta decide straight Hydroton as my media, or a lot of people got me thinking about Coco, with Hydroton at the bottom, for easy drainage. Any opinions?????

good call on the container grow. i used to put hydroton on the bottom of my pots but i dont really think that extra work pays off the coco/pots drain the same when its 100% coco for... the one thing i like to do now is put a knee high stocking around the bottom/outside of each container - it keeps the coco in the pot not on the table (when using hydroton coco still seeped out onto the table... fyi) and are 2 pairs (total 4 stockings = 4 containers) for a $1 at your local cvs/walgreens riteaid store.

you are a little too concerned with the light getting into your rez. all you have to do is keep the rez under the table and you will not have to worry about any issues with algae in your rez... the cool thing about their rezies is they are only 12" tall... youcan keep your table low which is especially great if you have low ceilings.
they rezies work great i have 2 40gs... one for each 4x4. had them for a few years now - no complaints.
Oh sooooooo now I'm being a lil whining bitch about the Botanicare, u say??? LMAO! Just messin wit ya bro. I kno I'm worrying to much. It's just for the price of this stuff, compared to a DIY DWC set up, I'm hoping it's algae proof(I know that's impossible, if I don't take precautions) but u kno wat I mean. I just wanna rest easy knowing that my res won't create algae. I guess it's easier also when ur roots are submerged in the water/solution 24/7.

good call on the container grow. i used to put hydroton on the bottom of my pots but i dont really think that extra work pays off the coco/pots drain the same when its 100% coco for... the one thing i like to do now is put a knee high stocking around the bottom/outside of each container - it keeps the coco in the pot not on the table (when using hydroton coco still seeped out onto the table... fyi) and are 2 pairs (total 4 stockings = 4 containers) for a $1 at your local cvs/walgreens riteaid store. Now I'm not so sure of doin Coco just right yet. I don't know if I'd wanna use all these supplements I use, and the stocking filtering stuff. I know that sounds stupid, but the stocking is of a certain Micron(I'm sure), so I don't know if it would act as a filter. AND YES I'M BEING A WORRISOME LIL BITCH! LMAO! So maybe do Hydroton for my first few grows, and once I get the Flow of the Ebb, I'll try Coco. Or maybe, if I can on the same tray, do a few Coco containers. Just to see wat the dealie is.
Seems ur gonna keep quoting Maynard Huh????? SWEET! Dude check these bands out. Hope u dig them. Let me know what u think. These are up and coming bands. They'll be big in the USA very soon. They're already gettin recognition. Actually here's a list of bands for ANYONE who enjoys rock can dig them Let me know if u dig any of them. Hope u enjoy!

Ok.... What I did is I posted all the bands in the next post so people would feel welcome to ead it, and they might like a band or 2 also. so check out the links I provided. The 2 bands I think u might dig are. Karnivool, and Protest The Hero, but make sure u check out the other bands I listed in the post below.

Music for ANYONE & EVERYONE!

Music for ANYONE & EVERYONE!

When I say ANYONE & EVERYONE, I mean it. I started listing music for 1 person and figures I would just share it with the whole thread. Yes it's pretty much rock, but it is NOT 1 genre of rock. THERE IS NOT 1 BAND THAT SOUNDS THE SAME. If u want heavy, there's a band in there for u. If u want upbeat, heavy jazz... There's a band in there for u. If u want a band reciting "SPOKEN WORDS/ POETRY(SuperVolcano)".... There is a band in there for u, or just some groovy softer sounds(Damiera)(DownDownDown)... as I said there is a band in there for u, if u enjoy rock, or just misic in general! So hope u guys enjoy! If anyone likes any of the bands, post which ones u like. That's only a mere fraction of bands I can send ur way. by u telling me wat bands u like, I might be be to throw, some others ur way, that u might like. Peace!:whistling:

SuperVolcano(very Jazzy, hippie-ish Rock band. Very close friends of mine)

KID:NAP:KIN(also Jazzy Rock, but more on the Aggressive Progressive tip. Also close friends of mine)

The Rivalry(Great BALLS out rock. Singer is close friends with me)

The Urgency(Kinda Softer of ALL the bands. Good musicians. My good friend who sings in The Rivalry, is also the rhythm guitar player, and back up vocals for this band, which is why I support them!)

Karnivool(KILLER Aussie Proggressive-Indie. Newer album reminds me a little of TOOL. Not saying they sound like them!)

Protest The Hero(Incredible Canadian Progressive Metal band. These guys are SICK! If ur a musician u WILL appreciate these guys approach on Mathematical Progressive music.)

Skindred(If Bob Marley and Slipknot joined and became one band. This would be the band. THIS BAND IS A MUST TO LISTEN 2. Positive messages, and great music!)

Twelve Foot Ninja(Another great Australian Progressive band)

Damiera(Great Indie-Progressive band)

DownDownDown(Great San Fran Indie Band)

Warning: Some of this music may cause u to 1)start bopping ur head 2)have rhythm in ur body 3)might even make u wanna jump out of ur seat and move:dance013:!

hygrozyme and hydrobact seem to prevent any algae or bacteria, except for me not cleaning the 8 plant res and paying the price. i'm getting another one of those cheap home depot pumps. my partner is also using the one at the other spot to put water into those cheap black bucket, 4 plant systems that i have 8 of and that just needed to actually be put to use after sitting around doing nothing for a long ass time . . . .

get a little pump, it's so nice to have one.

Oh yeah. The reason for the Avatar is cause ICMag is now my OFFICIAL home! Thanks for helping me see I've been on the wrong sites this whole time! U guys have been great!

Another thing........ I could have sworn that I made this poll for 7 days....... Why is it still running???? Though I'm fine with it. It might be a good thing if this poll stays open 4ever! people are still voting too. I wish more people that are voting share their opinions on the thread. :prettyplease:

hygrozyme and hydrobact seem to prevent any algae or bacteria, except for me not cleaning the 8 plant res and paying the price. i'm getting another one of those cheap home depot pumps. my partner is also using the one at the other spot to put water into those cheap black bucket, 4 plant systems that i have 8 of and that just needed to actually be put to use after sitting around doing nothing for a long ass time . . . .

get a little pump, it's so nice to have one.
Are u talking about submersible pumps???? Cause if u are I got about 6-296 GPH Submersible Pump(s), and probably about 10 Air Pumps, ranging from 30 gallon-125 gallon. And still have a bunch of unused air stones, and hoses, and drip feeders, etc. From my prior DIY DWC grows. I'm hoping those GPH will be suffice for a 4x4 tray. I'm gonna try to do a tray leak test manana(tomorrow for u non speakin peeps). Even though the dude seemed straight, I wanna double check now, while I still know I can go back and get my $$$$$. I bought the E&F fittings 2day.Wish me luck, not gettin 40 gallons of water on my carpet:spanky::smoky:!

lay down some tarps. several layers. better safe than sorry. i think this is a submersible pump. we got one when we had a problem at the other spot and are now realizing how useful they are. it was less than $50, super fast, and i have a home depot card, so it's not like i even have to put out cash for it.

good luck with everything!