What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tuner or Muscle?

wemary

The black underground one u posted I think is the best. that would be bad if someone ran into u in one of those things damn.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
^This is what happens to a UGR TT Gallardo, when it crashes at 200+ mph.

20101029-085456.jpg

texas+mile+lambo+crash.JPG

attachment.php

I am a fan of both tuners and muscle cars. Lately I have been into diesel trucks and love my cummins powered truck. Its a expensive hobby, but they have crazy potential. The bottom end is good for 1000hp!

Tuhder

Here's mine. 9 month build. The touch screen is connected to a "carputer" which is connected to the cars ECU via Hondata s300 engine management system. I also hooked the audio out of the carputer to my headunit so I could run iTunes. Motor is a fully built NA LS/VTEC. Put down 194 WHP on a mustang dyno...Not bad for lil a 1.8L inline four, Plus the car dont weigh shit and redlines @ 8600 rpm so its not "fast" by any means...But it'll surprise ya! This was my first build ever.

The stereo system will kick you in the balls too, I have 400w RMS @ 2ohm hittin the 12" subs in the hatch and 275w RMS @ 4ohm hittin the mids and hi's sucking over 0 gauge wire from a 170 amp alternator, It'll make your vision blur, The headlights never dim and there's no capacitor inline. The entire interior was gutted and lined with 1/4" sound deadning material so the interior is super tight and the subs create a suction inside the car. All old school amps too BTW.

Heres a rev to 8100 rpm. http://youtu.be/5dgmxhdHpsM

SDC13409.jpg

SDC13347.jpg

SDC13367.jpg

SDC13363.jpg

SDC13346.jpg

SDC13386.jpg

SDC13312.jpg

SDC13284.jpg

SDC13327.jpg

SDC13316.jpg

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
mmmmmmmmmmmmm turbo import

21968420001_large.jpg

sexy

You have no idea how much of 2jz whore I am.

I have owned three SCs, and absolutely LOVE that car. I hope to get another one as a project car, and do a full 2jz-gte swap, and single turbo that bitch!

Great pic!:wave:

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
You have no idea how much of 2jz whore I am.

I have owned three SCs, and absolutely LOVE that car. I hope to get another one as a project car, and do a full 2jz-gte swap, and single turbo that bitch!

Great pic!:wave:

id love to have one, too. everyone says that 2jz are just dyno queens, i guess thats b/c everyone just slaps a big ass single turbo that wont spool til 5k rpm? i'd just put some moderately big twins, bore to 3.2l on it for awesome street performance...

ive got a stack of old turbo mags and theres one i'll never forget that one that has highest hp stock bottom end is 980whp! amazing engine
0403tur_01z+1998_Toyota_Supra+Passenger_Front_View.jpg

saw a mitsubishi galant vr4 the other day. i think ive seen maybe 5 in my life. would be nice to see more of them

awd would be super fun and my ultimate awd car would be a....

r33 GTR
0612_turp_01z+nissan_skyline_gtr_r33+left_front_view.jpg

not too flashy... but crazy performance
0612_turp_04z+nissan_skyline_gtr_r33+engine_view.jpg

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Another fun build would be to do a twin turbo setup on a GS300. It would make one hell of a sleeper. This one makes around 500 rwhp.

hks_shoot1.jpg

sick.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Nice vid. Too bad Best Motoring is out of the biz.

In other motoring news.

NISSAN GT-R TAKES 2ND SUCCESSIVE SUPER GT VICTORY
2011 SUPER GT Rd.1 Race Report
May 22th: Okayama International Circuit (Okayama prefecture)

What was originally supposed to be the opening round of the season took place at Okayama International Circuit on May 21st (Sat) - 22nd (Sun). The postponed Round 1 (due to March's Great East Japan Earthquake) was held at the track located in Okayama prefecture's Mimasaka City. After qualifying in 2nd spot, the #12 CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R (Tsugio Matsuda/Joao Paolo de Oliveira) was victorious in the race. The win is the second in a row for the NISSAN GT-R, showing the true power of the machine in this highly competitive series.

unledko.png

s13sr20det

Veteran
very cool! id like to put those headlights on my car one day. so sexy

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A good example of my favorite tuner. A 96 GT Toyota Celica, I would do alot of things different then this guy but he has done a decent job. This car you have to do an engine swap, you need a 3sgte from a MR2 dropped in. As SOON as I have a garage or barn one of these will be rolling out of a grandma's garage in to mine and getting stripped naked day one. I have an awesome mechanic for the job, he makes parts of out of his garage for major tuner companys, full design and all and uses this engine in his tuner. Also have a friend who paints who has had 3 cars on the cover of Lowrider, his work is badass so getting her done right shouldn't be an issue. Might be signing a lease this Sunday for a place with a 2 car garage and polebarn, so I better start looking for the right car!

My gf has a 03 Eclipse GT that has cosemetics done, window tint, headlights, tailights, reverse lights, catback exhaust system. Full kicker interior speakers and full kicker system subs/amp. She has her sights set on rims body kit paint and cold air intake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wou8KRPGHo

s13sr20det

Veteran
ive only seen one gt-4 celica in my life. they're pretty cool. definitely wouldnt mind having one. all wheel drive, and no engine swap needed ;)

29092370001_large.jpg