What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tumble Now Rotator Dry Sifting Machine

C

Chamba

NicholasSmokes.............it's probably best to contact the company where you bought it or contact Bubbleman directly via PM here on ICmag.

actually, it's probably easier to just visit a large hardware store (or a large art supply store?) and check out what they have there..they might have the same type of tape, but if not I'm sure there will be several choices of other adhesive tapes you could use.

As far as trichomes sticking to the tape, I'd suggest applying the tape then rub in some powdered leaf on the exposed adhesive areas which will render them unsticky, then wipe off the excess, then you will be right to go.

Why did you need to replace the stainless steel mesh?

Last edited:
N

NicholasSmokes

As far as trichomes sticking to the tape, I'd suggest applying the tape then rub in some powdered leaf on the exposed adhesive areas which will render them unsticky, then wipe off the excess, then you will be right to go.

Your suggestions all seem like a lot of extra work rather than just buying the tape that was used originally.

Why did you need to replace the stainless steel mesh?

It got stretched in the course of normal usage. They charge $50 plus shipping for a new tumbler and do not offer screens. Thus, I decided to do it myself.

Also, I never liked that the wood is unfinished. I sometimes see tiny bits of wood in my hash under magnification. I finished all the internal surfaces including inside the tumbler. To do this, you have to remove the tape and screen.

C

Chamba

Your suggestions all seem like a lot of extra work rather than just buying the tape that was used originally.

not really, especially if you are unable to purchase exactly the same type of tape.....it's something you could probably do in about 3 minutes

It got stretched in the course of normal usage. They charge $50 plus shipping for a new tumbler and do not offer screens. Thus, I decided to do it myself.

You must be good with your hands, I'd reckon it would not be that easy to do (especially to make sure the mesh is taut and even...and the Tumble Now shipping costs of $50 is not that bad considering it's quite big and heavy.

I've used mine for years and the stainless steel screen looks the same as the day it arrived. Perhaps try to keep the loads on or under the recommended maximum weight, tumble ground or semi-ground up material, not chucks and be careful when removing the drum from the machine so it doesn't get punched in when banged against an edge of a table (or something like that)..also don't tap or push in the mesh, tap the wooden ends if you want to loosen any bits of plant material when emptying the drum.

Also, I never liked that the wood is unfinished. I sometimes see tiny bits of wood in my hash under magnification. I finished all the internal surfaces including inside the tumbler. To do this, you have to remove the tape and screen.

Personally, I prefer the unfinished wood but if you used a non-toxic type paint then it would be ok I guess, but trichomes tend to cling to painted or plastic surfaces, so I guess that's why it's sold unpainted.

I can't remember if the instructions mentioned this, but it's a good idea to vacuum the interior of the drum and the interior of the wooden container prior to use, that way any tiny bits of saw dust etc will be removed. You could do the same with compressed air or even with a dry/damp cloth and brush if you don't have a vac ...but a vac does the job and then you could rub the interior with the very dry/damp cloth.

Happy Hashing!

N

NicholasSmokes

You must be good with your hands, I'd reckon it would not be that easy to do (especially to make sure the mesh is taut and even...and the Tumble Now shipping costs of $50 is not that bad considering it's quite big and heavy.

No, it was pretty easy. I got some scratches from the screen edges, but it was not difficult. The $50 was to replace the drum. Shipping was extra. The price seems fair, but I did not need an entirely new drum. The screen was like $5.

I've used mine for years and the stainless steel screen looks the same as the day it arrived.

Nice for you, but I used mine per the instructions.

be careful when removing the drum from the machine so it doesn't get punched in when banged against an edge of a table

Good advice. Never happened to me.

also don't tap or push in the mesh

I use a very soft paint brush.

I prefer the unfinished wood but if you used a non-toxic type paint then it would be ok

I used acrylic polyurethane. I'm not concerned about toxicity as it is not going to come off. It does not chip. It is like a skin. And I put on three coats.

trichomes tend to cling to painted or plastic surfaces, so I guess that's why it's sold unpainted.

I tested it on a sample before painting the whole thing, so it is fine. They DO get caught on the raw unfinished wood because they get caught on the rough surface.

Overall, I really like my TumbleNow. However, there is much room for improvement. I'd like to see a TumbleNow version 2.0 in the future. I see that at least one competitor now offers a removable drum screen. I have mentioned my issues with the packaging and with the raw wood. I also don't like the black acrylic collection plate. I scratched mine up trying to gather the trichromes into a pile with the supplied card. Also, the trichromes tend to stick to it with static. I'd like the draw to be taller and have the option of having two layers of screens w/ different mesh sizes. Lastly, the cardboard sifting card supplied is no good. It shreds when you are screening.

C

Chamba

An acrylic catching plate is a poor second to glass, but I guess the reason glass is not fitted instead of acrylic is that glass would have a big chance of breaking during shipping. If you like, take your acrylic plate to a glazier and get them to cut a sheet of black glass or a mirror to size...or do the same with sheet metal.

As you know (and the following is more for those who are new to dual or triple screen dry sifting), the very fine mesh on the flat frame screen is 200 lines per inch or 70 micron. Trichomes that range in size from 70 micron in diameter and above (which is usually a vast majority of the trichomes dry sifted from a mature plant) will remain above this screen, the stuff that passes (or should I say is worked or carded) through this fine mesh will be mostly broken up bits of plant matter, dust and immature or small sized trichomes...the difference in the high between what remains above and what passes through is vast......the former will warm your ears and zing your brain while the latter will give you a little buzz.

Good idea on the suggestion of fitting extra screen frames under the mesh drum, this way you could produce an even purer end result...I'm sure Bubbleman will read your suggestion and take note.

C

Chamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamba
Hey Mods,

by the way...why is this thread in the concentrate section and not the Hashish section?

Is there a button I can click to notify a mod about this?

done

thanks, Gaius

There's over 10 years of great ice water and dry sifting hash making (and solvent extraction) information that's been posted in the Hashish forum here on ICmag. It is by far the most comprehensive hash making info..but when the Hashish forum was split into two parts, Hashish and solvent based Cannabis Concentrates with the latter being the main forum and actual Hashish being relegated to a sub-section, all the many years of ice water and dry sifting Hashish info was hidden in concentrates forum and the Hashish sub-section started anew from scratch...although the info is not lost and can be retrieved by using the search feature, but if someone new to IC wanted to surf through this forum all they would see are a couple of pages of threads, which is a major shame.

Would it be possible to move all the ice water and dry sifting threads to this Hashish sub section? or better still make the Hashish forum the main forum and relegate the trichome dissolving posts/threads to a sub-forum?

robogro

Veteran
I made one out of an ice cream maker years ago, but when it craps out I'll do an upgrade to store bought. I like the features of this model especially the easy load (similar to the one I made)

robogro

Veteran
picture.php

C

Chamba

Uhh.. pretty much everything you said is wrong, dude.

OK, then please tell us all how you prepare buds for dry sifting in a tumbler.

Green Supreme

Veteran
Keep screaming "Hey I am over here". Just know the attention you get ,is rarely the kind you need. Good luck in your hidden agenda. Peace GS

Latest posts

Latest posts