What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trying to find a true "skunk" smelling strain?

Have had the MSS in the stable for a few years....she smells skunky when first blooming but finishes sweet and chemmy smelling still a awesome strain but nowhere near the RKS funk. My skunkiest strain this season was a Haze x Sour Diesel but still turned out to be sweet skunky

mushroombrew

Veteran
Damn everything comes out sweet these days. The closest thing to RKS is a Skywalker OG cut I have. Ridiculous stank. I plan on breeding the loudest strain on earth. My first grow was RKS! I am a huge terp snob. But I just don't find what I like in Skunk lines anymore.
So I will breed with whatever stinks the most regardless of origins. Sweet? Blewch!!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My skunkiest smelling was a old school "4way" it was supposed to be N.L. x skunk #1 x Hindu Kush (I think) x ruderalis. Was around sine 80's. Lost it last year. Tried to save a reveg but ... R.i.p. 4way

D3pthCharg3

My skunkiest smelling was a old school "4way" it was supposed to be N.L. x skunk #1 x Hindu Kush (I think) x ruderalis. Was around sine 80's. Lost it last year. Tried to save a reveg but ... R.i.p. 4way

Have you checked out Coastal seeds' Fourora Borealis (4way x NL1)? I want it pretty bad but I have soooo many seeds.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Have you checked out Coastal seeds' Fourora Borealis (4way x NL1)? I want it pretty bad but I have soooo many seeds.

Thanks, I look into that. I don't have many seeds, but I have 12 strains going right now in three 2.5' x 3.5's. I'm crowded too!

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got real deal skunk, the smell follows you about for a few miles & stay's on ya breath after eating. Like having shit on ya boot.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
has anyone identified which terpene(s) are responaible for the skunk smell? personally, when it smells strongly of skunk, i also detect a roasted coffee bean smell in there.

Dog Star

Veteran
has anyone identified which terpene(s) are responaible for the skunk smell? personally, when it smells strongly of skunk, i also detect a roasted coffee bean smell in there.

Its thiols,mercaptane terps..

Found "wet gym socks" pheno in Ancestral Skunks,it stinks hard on bad socks..

dc2569

phenos

phenos

...just went in, have two; one broad leafed, one thin. Broad leaf stinks bigtime.
It is funny you mention that. It seems that the more indica leaning phenos of my old skunk always have a stronger skunk scent. I have seen enough of them to be able to pick out which male will have the strongest terps just by looking at them. The skunkier males always have super tight nice indica type flower clusters as well.

It is only a slight difference in leaf and plant structure
Male

compared to slightly longer more narrow leaf

Latest posts

Latest posts