What's new

Trycomb in the hills.....

nomaad

Veteran
i took a couple hundred clones two weeks ago and they are vegging inside, im gonna set them out sept 15 and harvest them nov 15.......the weather permits growing without the fear of much rain till thanksgiving usually here.

i have a tub of gg jam donut and a tub of guerilla greenz freebies here with me....the jam donut look to be done about sept 15 and the mix a week or two later....smellin good already :)

Great Idea... part of me wants to do this, just to see how it works. Keepin it legal, though. That's my deal with the wife and I'm thankful cuz I have friends whose wives are total haters (even in cali) and won't let them do anything. "get a real job" kinda sisters.

A friend of mine who has been growing outside here for a couple of years and indoor in the midwest for many before that want me to go in on a winter project with him. I have been considering using these for massive row-length seas of green.

http://farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft1_coldframes_hightunnels;pg105140.html

I'd like to install a line of t5 bulbs on the inside running down the entire length for supplemental lighting. Light dep would be super simple with a system like this. One person could pull tarp on many many rows in just a few minutes. Heating and cooling would be relatively simple too because of the small size.

I think this could be an awesome self-contained way for me to garden in the winter without building a massive greenhouse at a remote location. The guy who wants me to set it up is considering buying a 25K generator (off the grid property) and doing an indoor, but that doesn't appeal to me at all.

I couldn't and wouldn't do this at home because you'd want hundreds of plants if you were going to do it right.... but this guy doesn't have the same concerns as I.

try comb

Great Idea... part of me wants to do this, just to see how it works. Keepin it legal, though. That's my deal with the wife and I'm thankful cuz I have friends whose wives are total haters (even in cali) and won't let them do anything. "get a real job" kinda sisters.

A friend of mine who has been growing outside here for a couple of years and indoor in the midwest for many before that want me to go in on a winter project with him. I have been considering using these for massive row-length seas of green.

http://farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft1_coldframes_hightunnels;pg105140.html

I'd like to install a line of t5 bulbs on the inside running down the entire length for supplemental lighting. Light dep would be super simple with a system like this. One person could pull tarp on many many rows in just a few minutes. Heating and cooling would be relatively simple too because of the small size.

I think this could be an awesome self-contained way for me to garden in the winter without building a massive greenhouse at a remote location. The guy who wants me to set it up is considering buying a 25K generator (off the grid property) and doing an indoor, but that doesn't appeal to me at all.

I couldn't and wouldn't do this at home because you'd want hundreds of plants if you were going to do it right.... but this guy doesn't have the same concerns as I.

i like your idea.........im gonna be checking on the light meter very frequently in the coming months to see when it really drops off.........this would also help u gauge how much supplemented lightning u would want ........

this is also my first year living in california........i hear its gonna be nice enough till thanksgiving to garden........im curious if i can do a winter grow with supplemented lighting now.........hmmmmmm:dueling:

nomaad

Veteran
i am planning on it. no doubt. i have a friend coming to calculate exactly how man hours of light I am going to have with the Mt next to me. If all is good, there will be some kind fo greenhouse going up.

try comb

praying mantis came to me and asked to join my second clone army....chillin on a recently rooted afgooey.....:joint:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 9

nomaad

Veteran
nice. when I was a kid, I remember learning in school that it was a crime (man's law) to kill a praying mantis. is this true? urban myth? protected species?

edit:
Conservation status

Only one Spanish species, Apteromantis aptera, is listed as Lower Risk/Near Threatened. With one exception (the ground mantis Litaneutria minor in Canada, where it is rare - though it is common in the United States), North American mantises are not included among threatened or endangered species, though species in other parts of the world are under threat from habitat destruction. The European mantis (Mantis religiosa) is the state insect of Connecticut, but the General Statutes of Connecticut do not list any special protected status, as it is a non-native species from Europe and Northern Africa.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis#cite_note-6

try comb

a few pics on the first cloudy day since ive been in california.............

blue dream clone army...........small afgooey army...already quite frosty..........and a misc. shot......:dueling:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 9

try comb

father comb.

mother comb.

interspecies erotica.

:dueling:

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 6

Ickis

Veteran
Way cool trycomb. Looks like you are liking California. I am officially jealous now. I still have to sneak around.

try comb

Way cool trycomb. Looks like you are liking California. I am officially jealous now. I still have to sneak around.

i am enjoying it here........there are some killer remote spots around here...........but lack of water in the areas..........i could probably do a huge run of late minis .........but id still have to lug the water to them...........:dueling:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
tryCo
Howzit brother..?? WOWzerZ Homie You are settin it off.. Man that garden looks frickin killer.. Lots of healthy and happy looking plants.. Way to krush it brother..bbl peace.

sack

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Great photos tcomb...my phone isn't loading them all, but I see most. Supurb. And very healthy. You know what yer doin!

Nomaad- think I've seen 8' lengths of a single t5 bulb in stores. Would you be after something like this? I've got some 4' 8 bulbers that would work, more lumens, but more money.

try comb

august is coming to a close and the buds are forming..........

lots of praying mantis this time of year here.....here is one visiting one of the afgooey....

and a budshot from guerilla greenz freebie mix........

hope all is well...peace:joint:

Attachments

• mmm cookies
    mmm cookies
    103.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 7

nomaad

Veteran
i am enjoying it here........there are some killer remote spots around here...........but lack of water in the areas..........i could probably do a huge run of late minis .........but id still have to lug the water to them...........:dueling:

its a bit late to start a project like his, but Backcountry's self watering guerilla earth pots are pure genius. Set up some reservoirs to fill during the winter and away you go.

Plants are looking great.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Nice mantis! She has good taste!! Hehe...you're right, they are coming out- saw one chillin in a chem4 last night

thinkin our goo/afgooeys are the same, she kinda grows with streaky purple stems, not from stress, and has purple petioles.

That spot in the photos doesn't look like it gets that much sun. How many hours of direct sunlight are your ladies getting? If it is less than 10 then that is amazing. Props on your grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts