What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Try Making Glass on your Holiday

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yesterday, a friend in "MY" coffeeshop gave me a flyer for an Amsterdam glass blower. My friend is taking the classes. The flyer reads:

Try Making Glass on your Holiday

Tired of smoking weed yet?

Why not take a glass making class with international award winning pipe artist Karl Termini (he is from the usa).

+smoker friendly
+flexible hours
+good pricing

On the back of the flyer it gives location, directions and a summary.

Studio Termini
Javastraat 126T
Amsterdam
06-29 28 94 53
www.studiotermini.com (still under construction)

There are also some of his videos on You Tube; search for Amsterdam Glass Blowing.

This looks really cool! I'm gonna check it out for myself. I would love to learn how to create some nice glass pieces to sell or give away to friends.
Peace n Love.

AriesXX

That is pretty cool, for sure! I've wanted to try blowing glass, but it's really expensive just to buy the stuff and try to figure it out. In A'dam, I probably wouldn't spend more than 3 or 4 hours blowing glass though, there's so much other stuff going on :D.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it would be cool to have your very own custom piece made by yourself.

that is the allure to me of growing...the reward of my work. I guess it would be even more satisfying if I was smoking out of a piece I made as well.

VERY COOL.

Deus

Hell yeah, ive been searching for similar courses, just not for pipes, but for a special type of glass (beer glass) heh... Anyways, id love to try this aswell :p

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
funnily enough this is something I have been thining of over the past month... more and more seriously every time I mull it over. There's not much in the way of teaching avaliable over here in the UK though-not for lampwork with borosilicate for bong making anyway lol, we havent really got a hippy glass blowing bong making scene like in north america particularly ...
If I could get my hands on a book explain the basics, and safety and such that'd be a start lol...I know i could practice shaping some tubing using a normal muxed gas blowtirch as demonstated by someone making their own diffuser here... I ca even see some things in my head that i would like to try to make.... Id appreciate any pms from blowers with info or links to info.....
Be lucky

Last edited:

strained

try contemporary lampworking by bandhu dunham and get a copy of the video essential flameworking 1 and 2 by corbin freeman

also if you like glass pipes and tubes check out the glass forum on tokecity.com

its the biggest and best site devoted just to glasspipes and bongs theres some amazing stuff there and alot of well known artists post often there

Latest posts

Latest posts