What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump administration hints at ‘greater enforcement’ of marijuana laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Kush

if we want to regulate pollutants produced, i have no problem with that. but co2 is what we exhale, it's not a pollutant, its the basis of all plant and animal life, it's what trees need to live and prosper. regulating that is just a way to allow the real poisoners to keep doing it. we know after all that there have been times when our planet had much higher co2 levels then it does now, the only results were that plants grew to amazing sizes. blaming co2 is a con, it means the ones really polluting with heavy metals, chemical waste and pesticides, radiation etc get to spread the cost of the damage they do to everyone. instead of focusing our resources on cleaning up the worst damaging polluters, we have this silly co2 bs. our plant live can deal with the co2, it's all the real crap and poison that we should be worrying about imo.

Air pollution kills 2.2 million people a year in China and 7 million globally, much of that is from too much co2 in the air.

If you get a chance to travel to Asia than you will see what too much carbon in the atmosphere does to the quality of life for Humans.

Its hideous.

too much co2 is poison

"Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a gas that's always present in your blood. It is the waste product generated as your body uses up oxygen, and it is expelled from the lungs when you exhale. At normal levels, its presence has no measurable adverse effects on you, but if your breathing is compromised or you are exposed to large amounts of this gas, you can experience a wide range of side effects, some of which include permanent injury and death."

The last common ancestor between Plants and Animals was 1.6 billion years ago, we have very different biologies.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's the same problem on both sides of the isle, politicians use issues to punish people that disagree and reward others. Al Gore is a prime example. It's ok for al Gore to make hundreds of millions of dollars, but a CEO who makes 5 million who employs hundreds or thousands of people, and makes much money for stockholders are evil.
This is a little muddled...aside from the grammar...are you juxtaposing Al Gore and all ceo's who make 5 million a year as opposite sides of the aisle? Or was the opening statement just a distraction from the ever present, usually passive Dem jabbing?
And more importantly, do you hold all politicians to the same standard?

Ogtg2213

Air pollution kills 2.2 million people a year in China and 7 million globally, much of that is from too much co2 in the air.

If you get a chance to travel to Asia than you will see what too much carbon in the atmosphere does to the quality of life for Humans.

Its hideous.

That's actually not true, most problems in China and Asia are related to So2,soot ash, smog, carbon Monoxide (co), organic pollutants acid rain and yellow dust that brings heavy metals such as lead,arsenic, cadmium,mercury and other carcinogens with it.

Co2 is toxic tho at elevated levels. But no one in China has died from it , I think you might mean Carbon monoxide

packerfan79

Veteran
This is a little muddled...aside from the grammar...are you juxtaposing Al Gore and all ceo's who make 5 million a year as opposite sides of the aisle? Or was the opening statement just a distraction from the ever present, usually passive Dem jabbing?
And more importantly, do you hold all politicians to the same standard?

I am just pointing out the obvious, the hypocrisy of the left. I have never hid my thoughts on the left. I think leftism is inherently evil. It violates 3 of the 10 commandments 1. Don't steal ( taxation when targeting some more than others is theft)
2. Don't covet what your neighbor has(leftism is a similar level of wealth by taking from the evil rich people to give to the poor people)
3. Don't worship false idols ( leftism is a religion worship of the state)

I do hold all politicians to a similar level of scrutiny, that being said if you are a self proclaimed leftist that's a strike.

Mick

Veteran
I am just pointing out the obvious, the hypocrisy of the left. I have never hid my thoughts on the left. I think leftism is inherently evil. It violates 3 of the 10 commandments 1. Don't steal ( taxation when targeting some more than others is theft)
2. Don't covet what your neighbor has(leftism is a similar level of wealth by taking from the evil rich people to give to the poor people)

Chuckle, cough, snort. I guess you have a bit of trouble with the science of evolution too.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I do hold all politicians to a similar level of scrutiny, that being said if you are a self proclaimed leftist that's a strike.
Ah dude...my bad
If I would have known you were a Jesus freak I would have just ignored you from the beginning. I apologize for ever getting started on you
Though a Jesus freak might want to accurately represent what the Bible says.
One last question before we part ways:
Why won't you answer the simple question I have posted to you a # of times? It is very fucking simple. Do you hold all politicians to the same standard?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I know why you won't answer it. Because its a trap. If you say yes I can throw every post you've made concerning Obama, the bitch, the Democratic politicians and the Republican politicians back in your face. Not to mention you automatically lose all credibility in political discussions, even on a pot growing sight.
And if you say no then I don't get to prove your lying but all credibility for political discourse vanishes.
So...go ahead-take your parting shots and enjoy your virgins in heaven. I won't be troubling your precious godly soul any longer.

Genghis Kush

Its hideous.

That's actually not true, most problems in China and Asia are related to So2,soot ash, smog, carbon Monoxide (co), organic pollutants acid rain and yellow dust that brings heavy metals such as lead,arsenic, cadmium,mercury and other carcinogens with it.

Co2 is toxic tho at elevated levels. But no one in China has died from it , I think you might mean Carbon monoxide

My statement about china was off.

http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2008/01/co2-emissions-kill-people
A Stanford scientist spells out for the first time direct links between increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and increases in human mortality. Mark Jacobson's findings come just after the Environmental Protection Agency's recent ruling against states setting specific emission standards based in part on a lack of data showing the link between CO2 and health effects. The new study details how each increase of 1 degree Celsius caused by CO2 would lead annually to upward of 20,000 air-pollution-related deaths. "This is a cause and effect relationship, not just a correlation," said Jacobson, whose study has been accepted for publication in Geophysical Research Letters. "The study is the first specifically to isolate carbon dioxide's effect from that of other global-warming agents." It's also the first to find that rising CO2 increases mortality due to rising levels of ozone, particles, and carcinogens in the air.

All that soot and ash is carbon. right?
And the smog is partially carbon based.

"If you get a chance to travel to Asia than you will see what too much carbon in the atmosphere does to the quality of life for Humans."

packerfan79

Veteran
Ah dude...my bad
If I would have known you were a Jesus freak I would have just ignored you from the beginning. I apologize for ever getting started on you
Though a Jesus freak might want to accurately represent what the Bible says.
One last question before we part ways:
Why won't you answer the simple question I have posted to you a # of times? It is very fucking simple. Do you hold all politicians to the same standard?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I know why you won't answer it. Because its a trap. If you say yes I can throw every post you've made concerning Obama, the bitch, the Democratic politicians and the Republican politicians back in your face. Not to mention you automatically lose all credibility in political discussions, even on a pot growing sight.
And if you say no then I don't get to prove your lying but all credibility for political discourse vanishes.
So...go ahead-take your parting shots and enjoy your virgins in heaven. I won't be troubling your precious godly soul any longer.

I have answered your question. Yes I hold all politicians to a similar standard. I actually believe politics should be a volunteer basis. With term limits. It should not be a career.

So because I believe in God I can't have a rational discussion, that's a perfect example of leftist philosophy, government is the only God. I don't worship the deadliest institution know to man. Never will.

Your, swastika is showing.gotta love an open mind.

Mick

Veteran
You're a poet.

I read that with the collapse of the Soviet Union and its economy; those who did the best were those who could be happy doing nothing. Those who had worked in high paced professional fields found that without their jobs, their identities and whatever meaning their lives once had was now gone. These were the ones who slow suicided with vodka.

Thanks mate:)

The indigenous people of Australia have this ability too. If there's nothing to do, they can sit under a tree for hours and hardly move a muscle, deep in the zone. I suspect most of the worlds indigenous peoples are similar, even though most have lost everything, they've retained a pretty special gift.

Buddhism practices and meditation also foster stillness and I think they are tapping the same energy. Stillness is like a portal into all the good stuff. You know what they say, "if you want to know your mind, then be still". Imo, these are the sort of things we should be teaching kids at school.

Genghis Kush

No I just believe in God, and the free will of man.

For free will to exist than there must be a god who does not know the future. And is therefor, not all knowing.

If God knew what you where going to do than it would not be free will. It would be predetermined.

Mick

Veteran
rather then this we need to stop wasting all our resources on war and use them to increase standard of living among the poorest. this will reduce all the problems we have. this planet is incredibly wealthy, but the wealth is funnelled to the 1% this is what needs to change. if we change that everything else will sort its self out. everyone could live a middle class life if the majority of resources were not wasted on war and horded by the 0.1%

The 1% run the system, so nothing is going to change. We need an old fashioned revolution, but these days most people walk around glued to their smart phones checking out what their pretend friends on Facebook had for dinner. We've been pretty much dumbed down and pacified.

Jhhnn

Veteran

So, God is on your side... Really? You actually believe that?

You probably didn't know that Ben Franklin was a dirty rotten Commie, either-

"All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation
of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his
natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all
Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the
Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it."

It's that pesky "We the People" thing...

Boxfarm

Chew on this...

Chew on this...

For free will to exist than there must be a god who does not know the future. And is therefor, not all knowing.

If God knew what you where going to do than it would not be free will. It would be predetermined.

IMHO, that is incorrect. God exists independently, outside of space and time. I know the Patriots won the super bowl, however if i was to travel through a wormhole and go back in time to Feb 5th to attend the game, my knowledge of the winner would have absolutely no effect on the outcome. In fact, if you follow modern physics and string theory, there may be an entirely different outcome and you would have traveled back in time to an alternate reality, or a parallel universe just as real as the one you are in now.

I believe that in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Since God exists outside of space and time, I believe that He created every single moment in time (past, present and future), and every single perspective of each individual moment. Our reality is just our perception of moments based on choices we make. If you look at the problem from this perspective, God in fact created free will. The choices we make directly effect our perception of reality. According to modern physics, time should flow just as easily in reverse as is does forward. Meaning, scientists still do not understand the flow of time and why it only seems to move in one direction. The theory of a Creator perfectly explains this flow of time and how our perception of it, in fact gives us free will.

I believe that the more understanding we gain into the nature of time, space and our universe, the more we will understand that there has to be a Creator. Just my humble opinion, but it does line up perfectly with modern theoretical physics.

Oh yeah and in the future, if you are going to copy and paste something from the internet, you should probably cite your source. Just sayin...

Last edited:

Mick

Veteran
God exists independently, outside of space and time.

Have you experienced this "outside of space and time" or are you just repeating something you read somewhere? I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I'd love to talk to someone who's had this experience.

Boxfarm

Have you experienced this "outside of space and time" or are you just repeating something you read somewhere? I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I'd love to talk to someone who's had this experience.

No I don't think it is possible. I think it is an incredibly difficult concept for humans to even understand. I feel like I have the vaguest inkling of understanding that something very important to the nature of the universe lies in the concept of an existence "outside of space and time". Any physicist will tell you that if you look at the knowledge and understanding of our universe and how it works as a vast beach, what we actually know and understand would be about the size of a grain of sand. I think I heard that on an episode of "How the Universe Works". To make the claim that there is no God IMHO is an extremely arrogant thing to say.

I have certainly had experiences that felt "outside of space and time". Those moments for me, usually involve a good strong indica and some Pink Floyd...

Mick

Veteran
No I don't think it is possible. I think it is an incredibly difficult concept for humans to even understand. I feel like I have the vaguest inkling of understanding that something very important to the nature of the universe lies in the concept of an existence "outside of space and time". Any physicist will tell you that if you look at the knowledge and understanding of our universe and how it works as a vast beach, what we actually know and understand would be about the size of a grain of sand. I think I heard that on an episode of "How the Universe Works". To make the claim that there is no God IMHO is an extremely arrogant thing to say.

I have certainly had experiences that felt "outside of space and time". Those moments for me, usually involve a good strong indica and some Pink Floyd...

I understand space to mean that which allows all matter to exist within it. For example, imagine the room you're currently sitting in with the space removed. Matter can't exist without it, but matter is pretty much all space itself. The Universe is either infinite or it's not, and trying to get a grip on both concepts does my puny brain in, but it's fun trying anyway hey. But just assuming for a moment that the universe is infinite, that would mean that nothing could exist outside it, including your God, because infinity is all that is. But then we have the multiverse theory. Would that mean that we have multiple infinities too, multiple all that is's :) or would they be part of an all encompassing infinity?
I don't see the need to separate God from all that is. Everyone can experience the divine in nature and themselves, be it a simple flower, a tree, the innocent laughter of a child, or the space within. I sometimes like to imagine myself as something like a single cell in the body of a giant. I kind of like the description of God as being all that is rather than something apart.
I heard the philosopher Alan Watts once describe time as a human construct, saying that there is no time in the emptiness of space, only rhythms.
Cheers

Last edited:

Genghis Kush

IMHO, that is incorrect. God exists independently, outside of space and time. I know the Patriots won the super bowl, however if i was to travel through a wormhole and go back in time to Feb 5th to attend the game, my knowledge of the winner would have absolutely no effect on the outcome. In fact, if you follow modern physics and string theory, there may be an entirely different outcome and you would have traveled back in time to an alternate reality, or a parallel universe just as real as the one you are in now.

I believe that in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Since God exists outside of space and time, I believe that He created every single moment in time (past, present and future), and every single perspective of each individual moment. Our reality is just our perception of moments based on choices we make. If you look at the problem from this perspective, God in fact created free will. The choices we make directly effect our perception of reality. According to modern physics, time should flow just as easily in reverse as is does forward. Meaning, scientists still do not understand the flow of time and why it only seems to move in one direction. The theory of a Creator perfectly explains this flow of time and how our perception of it, in fact gives us free will.

I believe that the more understanding we gain into the nature of time, space and our universe, the more we will understand that there has to be a Creator. Just my humble opinion, but it does line up perfectly with modern theoretical physics.

Oh yeah and in the future, if you are going to copy and paste something from the internet, you should probably cite your source. Just sayin...

actually those are my words.

How big is "his" (gods) penis?
And doesn't a penis require a vagina to be useful?

Nothing that you wrote disproves the paradox that I stated.

try again with less rambling
---

If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to

Then He is not omnipotent.

If He is able, but not willing

Then He is malevolent.

If He is both able and willing

Then whence cometh evil.

If He is neither able nor willing

Then why call Him God?

-Epicurus

this god stuff is against tou, so Im done

Genghis Kush

I have experienced a dislocation from what I know as space and time while smoking DMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts