What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump administration hints at ‘greater enforcement’ of marijuana laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
one more time people... stay on topic ...
next deep clean of this thread will result in the offending members being held accountable for there actions....

Meraxes

Veteran
I'm just happy Yort deleted my not funny jokes...I mean you can't hit the spot all the time, that's what she said..:biggrin:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
ummm am i missing something, because there were a ton of raids under obama too. a collective i know in Long Beach got raided at least 10 times. although dont think it was feds every time

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
time will tell what they actually intend to do re pot.

i wonder if the new stance from the white house gave the Canadians the go ahead for the raids and arrest of Mark and Judy Emery ? or if it's their own last chance to get their pound of flesh out of Emery, probably a bit of both.

Bob Green

If a place is raided over 10 times under any administration they where most likely doing shady shit.

I consider myself more of a moderate republican and tons of people like me that voted against Obama are concerned about the way things are going. The sky isn't falling down but we should be keeping our eyes open.

Since being in office there has been literally nothing positive said about this issue. They have threatened herb more than they have spoken about going after things like meth.

I can't help being a realist.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes Bob, the current political climate in the US doesn't look to be fortuitous for cannabis enthusiasts over the pond, that's for sure, since the feds technically have the legal capability to ride rough-shod over a states laws and impose their will, which most certainly does not bode well for us at this time.

The world outside the US has heard alot about all the great things happening towards cannabis freedom there in recent years, and most are not even aware that there are two sets of laws (state and federal) that have such an enormous disparity between them where cannabis is concerned, and when you explain that to them everyone is totally shocked about it, because it just does not make any sense at all with cannabis still legally as it was in the Reagan era on a federal level (as a schedule one narcotic) , while some states have made the 'erb legal, both for medical patients and recreational users.

Quite obviously where cannabis policy is concerned the United States are anything but united under these laws of the land.

oldchuck

Veteran
Cannabis is far from the only place the United States are rapidly becoming disunited. It seems very similar to the period prior to the Civil War although different enough to make for massive uncertainly.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ummm am i missing something, because there were a ton of raids under obama too. a collective i know in Long Beach got raided at least 10 times. although dont think it was feds every time
What you are missing is the federal district attorney's in California ignoring Holders instructions to not go after cannabis. Was very frustrating for a lot of Californians who were paying attn to what was going on.
If the collective got raided ten times then the owner had the system down pat and didn't mind paying off the feds
Feds raid your shop
Threaten all kinds of stuff
Take owner to his house
Find 2-3 hundred k
Tell owner you can have money back if you want but we calling the IRS
Owner says no-keep the money
Feds say-ok...open your store back up and we see you in 6 months for next payment

Jhhnn

Veteran
What you are missing is the federal district attorney's in California ignoring Holders instructions to not go after cannabis. Was very frustrating for a lot of Californians who were paying attn to what was going on.
If the collective got raided ten times then the owner had the system down pat and didn't mind paying off the feds
Feds raid your shop
Threaten all kinds of stuff
Take owner to his house
Find 2-3 hundred k
Tell owner you can have money back if you want but we calling the IRS
Owner says no-keep the money
Feds say-ok...open your store back up and we see you in 6 months for next payment

Meh. Actions initiated before the Cole memo have since been dropped & were pet projects of the then US Attorney-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...nter-case-dropped_us_5728d2d1e4b016f37893a9c2

Legalization in CO & WA basically forced the changes we're seeing today.

Jhhnn

Veteran
So...Your agreeing w my answer? If so...Why the Meh? It seems out of place if we are saying the same thing. Just curious

We're not saying quite the same thing. I'm sure that the CA community wasn't happy with Haag persisting in unfinished business wrt Harborside & some others. US Attorneys have a great deal of independence. The only way to have stopped her would have been to fire her in a high profile incident that the Admin obviously didn't want. She was finally forced to relent after the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment & resigned more than a year early.

As for the Feds being pay to play I think you're going on speculation.

With Sessions it's important to understand that he's putting the stink eye on recreational rather than medical. I'll believe it's more than noise when he goes after any of these guys-

http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/05/08/denver-top-marijuana-business-owners/53816/

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Meh. Actions initiated before the Cole memo have since been dropped & were pet projects of the then US Attorney-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...nter-case-dropped_us_5728d2d1e4b016f37893a9c2

Legalization in CO & WA basically forced the changes we're seeing today.
Still...my post provided a possible answer to the question that was posted

As for pay to play being based on speculation..No..It's based on experience
I don't mind being questioned but telling me what my statements are based on is kind of annoying
Not trying to start shit...I've been enjoying your posts..whether I agree w them or not

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
SO ..... nice too see debate, and not just one sided political ranting....
makes a much more useful / pleasant thread ...

Status
Not open for further replies.