What's new

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

Rico Swazi

Thanks for the good thoughts brother, but I only paid $15 for one sample and $18 for the other. Shipping was about $11.

As the saying goes, I often spill that much...........

The real expense will be in the analysis, which the lab has graciously agreed to absorb in deference to my charm and their strong desire to make a positive difference in the industry.

Mostly the latter, and with all of the malfeasance charges exchanged, it just goes to show that there are also under sung and under appreciated good guys out there as well.

Please tell them a heartfelt thanks for the services rendered and a sincere Thank You goes out to you Mr Gray Wolf sir for being one of those good guys you speak of
Your desire to relay accurate information and help on these cannaforums makes a positive difference not only in the industry but in many a personal life as well.

busted flat and no money to offer but hella heaps of praise for all you do thanks again

Sounds like we can expect results in a couple weeks?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please tell them a heartfelt thanks for the services rendered and a sincere Thank You goes out to you Mr Gray Wolf sir for being one of those good guys you speak of
Your desire to relay accurate information and help on these cannaforums makes a positive difference not only in the industry but in many a personal life as well.

busted flat and no money to offer but hella heaps of praise for all you do thanks again

Sounds like we can expect results in a couple weeks?

Thanks for the good thoughts brother and I did thank our benefactors again today over breakfast and dabs.

Leave us not forget Future4200 and Old Gold, whom also sent out samples to resolve this issue. The wider the sample base, the more likely it is to be representative.

Last edited:

Rico Swazi

Thanks for the good thoughts brother and I did thank our benefactors again today over breakfast and dabs.

Leave us not forget Fortune 4200 and Old Gold, whom also sent out samples to resolve this issue. The wider the sample base, the more likely it is to be representative.

Nice one! Breakfast and dabs sounds a very good way to start the morning and show a lil love

I am a forgetful old fart so at some time I think it would be nice to have a list of all the good folk who cared enough to provide samples and/or contributed to the discovery of truth.

this is so people can thank them, send good vibes, and perhaps one day be able to pay it forward in some way

Old Gold

I didn't want to say anything until results are in, but thanks to a very kind individual who has helped me with cannabis testing in the past, we made arrangements for C-13 NMR testing. The lab performing analytics is not a cannabis testing lab.

Updates coming, my friends! (I would say "a couple weeks" is a fair timeframe. The sample is not yet in the testing lab's hands, but on its way.)

Shouldn't NMR be a sure method for identifying the carbon backbone of the molecule(s)? I am not too well studied on analytics, I admit.

P.s. I second Rico Swazi's comments about you, Gray Wolf. The way you communicate clearly and your ability to shed light on all points of view are things I truly admire. I can't believe after all these years of e-discussion, I've still never come face-to-face with you! Endless respect for you. Sometimes I like to sign "OG." We all know you're the OG 'round these parts.

-OG

Edit: It's been brought to my attention that NMR is best used for an individual compound, as opposed to a mixture of many compounds. It makes sense. It'd be tough to tell which carbon peaks are actually associated with one another. I'll discuss with the analytics team and figure out the best approach.

Edit 2.0: Doing GC-MS first, then dealing with any discrepancies via NMR. The bottle seal will have to be broken prior to NMR in that case.

Last edited:

slant.i

Yeah huge thanks to everyone who has donated their time and money to this thread. Even though we still don't know what is in TT's Viscosity, I have definitely learned a fair amount from following this thread. If nothing else, it definitely peaked my interest, so thank you guys for that.

That would include extractninja as well, assuming he is being truthful.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Why is their doubt regarding extractninja's integrity? I would think anyone who came to report having the product tested would be more than a troll or opposition sabotaging a competing product. It is irrational stoner fear or was there some basis for the distrust?

S

Sertaiz

isf helps me avoid stoner mistakes .. . but no, i havent seen any evidence whatsoever.

if he is proven to be honest lets thank him profusely!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
With test reports on the way, I would like to hear what TT has to say about the current situation. Might be better to come forward now.

I see guilt in silence. Lawyers typically advise silence when guilty.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
With test reports on the way, I would like to hear what TT has to say about the current situation. Might be better to come forward now.

I see guilt in silence. Lawyers typically advise silence when guilty.
I was thinking silence was from a combo of lawyers and/or their terrible public relations Dept.

Have they posted anything else on other sites, since there "official statement"?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even if he isn't.....isn't it nice that your interest has peaked and knowledge bank has increased? :biggrin:

Hey, is that an accusation?!:laughing: Funny typo.

Solly, mah fingers flying faster than mah brain. :biggrin:

slant.i

Even if he isn't.....isn't it nice that your interest has peaked and knowledge bank has increased? :biggrin:
Very true, but I would prefer to save my praise for those actually spreading knowledge, or even my own curiosity, rather than those trying to intentionally mislead.
Why is their doubt regarding extractninja's integrity? I would think anyone who came to report having the product tested would be more than a troll or opposition sabotaging a competing product. It is irrational stoner fear or was there some basis for the distrust?
I'd rather not beat this horse any more, as I've already stated my reasonings at least twice in this thread already. But the main 2 reasons: 1) he has no established credibility, as his accounts were created solely for this purpose. So anything he presents must be assumed to be true and accurate. 2) He became quite aggressive and accusatory towards anyone who questioned him or attempted to defend TT, namely making multiple accusations at Future, some of which were demonstrably false.
I only restate these for your convenience, as I am not interested in debating the validity of my statements any further.

slant.i

Also, although spamming the same stuff on 3 different websites doesn't really imply any guilt, it does seem a bit odd when around this same time another well known competitor of TT released a similar product with all of the ingredients on the list.

It's all circumstantial, definitely, but when one is questioning the possible motives, the stars seem to align. I could be wrong, extractninja could really just be a jaded TT customer with the money and time to burn. My point is I'd rather not make an assumption either way, as we can just wait to see what the tests say.

S

Sertaiz

honestly i think its ok to be a competitor as long as he is an actual buyer and user of viscosity, he is a consumer just like me. and this is how better products get found, is by things being pulled into the light and alternatives being found.... imo.

if i sold better detergent with ingredients i would go to detergent sites and complain all day, it would be better for other consumers at the same time...

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Very true, but I would prefer to save my praise for those actually spreading knowledge, or even my own curiosity, rather than those trying to intentionally mislead.

I'd rather not beat this horse any more, as I've already stated my reasonings at least twice in this thread already. But the main 2 reasons: 1) he has no established credibility, as his accounts were created solely for this purpose. So anything he presents must be assumed to be true and accurate. 2) He became quite aggressive and accusatory towards anyone who questioned him or attempted to defend TT, namely making multiple accusations at Future, some of which were demonstrably false.
I only restate these for your convenience, as I am not interested in debating the validity of my statements any further.

strictly on a logical basis only those reasons are absolute bullshit and there is no need to debate because your reasoning are classical "strawman" augments

dude deserves as much if not more credit for putting money into testing and bringing that attention to the public

based on fact presented to date TT is being given the benefit of the doubt illustrates a huge disconnect as consumers and business people

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At this point, why would either party have more or less credibility until the sample results are in?

Until they are in, how can anyone be already tried and convicted?

Not digging their hole any deeper and on advice of counsel have been offered as the reason for TT's silence.

If we walk around the elephant to look at it from both sides, what others should we include to be fair and unbiased?

It will be a couple more weeks before we have the test results back from the two samples that I sent in, but I do know what the results were when the lab of my choice originally tested TT Viscosity when it first came out.

It doesn't give us the answer we are looking for, and indeed adds to the mystery, because that sample was a triterpene.

If the new samples are different, it could be for a number reasons, including that TT changed the formula since that time.

If they haven't changed the formula and they are different, a whole different follow through investigation is called for, and yet another if my samples, Future4200, and Old Golds come out different from one another.

Of course another possibility is that all the above samples agree, but not with EN's sample results, sending the investigation in other directions, which include all the different ways that might be possible.

Adding to the fun, another associate of mine dropped by two different samples of Viscosity decanted from larger bottles of different lot numbers, so are suitable as reference only, but I also forwarded them to the lab for comparison.

Last edited:

thailer

extractninja had a lab test result posted on the first page and so i don't understand why some are saying he has no evidence? surely the lab report is enough to justify looking into it further without saying he is lying. it just looks to me like he is going off the information that was given to him from the lab and asking others to test to see if they are getting the same results.

MrBungle

Anyone who did a little research on the topic...... before making a judgment in either direction.... would see that the lab Extract Ninja chose to use.... has been known to take businesses to court over questionable lab results in the past... links are in the beginning of this thread

thailer

ok but doesn't that mean that they feel their results are reliable enough to stand up in a court of law then? sounds like a lot of labs are not interested in testing due to court complications which is understandable.

MrBungle

No it means they are out to either smear someones reputation or are clueless about what they are doing.... either way looks bad an requires more evidence to sway someone who actually uses common sense and not emotion to make their decisions

Latest posts

Latest posts