What's new

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

S

Sertaiz

naw ghost, no putdown just continuation of your excellent thoughts about labelling. new box of crickets...

S

Sertaiz

good someone is because homie just hit 50 posts and now can go back and edit......

I'm not True Terpenes official spokesperson.

I am the official spokesperson for the GLG, and will stand up for my affiliated members if I believe they are being falsely accused of something.

Again, if I find out they've been lying this will be much worse. So let's see how they respond tto the fact that they not so subtly changed the wording on that. Seems like some "Tom foolery" for sure.

Also, I would never edit something without adding (Edit:) inline. Go look at the post on Future4200.com if you doubt that. Plus, we have a much more transparent edit system there, allows anyone to easily see what edits have been made to a post and when. A system I chose to implement from day 1.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Again, if I find out they've been lying this will be much worse.

Then, you should probably go out back and cut a hickory switch and prepare to take TT out behind the woodshed. Things are looking pretty bad.

OK..... aftershock. I have several hundred dollars worth of True Terps products on my shelf and if this goes the way it looks like it's going to go...... want a FULL refund. I wonder if everyone else does as well.

141ironlung

Again, if I find out they've been lying this will be much worse. So let's see how they respond tto the fact that they not so subtly changed the wording on that. Seems like some "Tom foolery" for sure.
They already responded on IG. And it's just more lies and half-truths. Playing the victim/innocent company. Now they are claiming Viscosity is a "full spectrum essential oil", and whatever that means it's certainly not what they and you claimed before about Viscosity, that is made from only specifically chosen terpene isolates:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvCuIk1HFm-/

·countree_boys
@trueterpenes I noticed via an internet archive of the viscosity page you e switched language from “any other non-terpene ingredients” to “any other non-organic ingredients”

·nachoavgjesus
@trueterpenes back up your statement with tests and post them

·countree_boys
@trueterpenes and I’m not accusing, but the statement you release points to something other than terpenes in that product as well as the language change. Is that true?

·trueterpenes
@countree_boys Can you let me know what part of the language gave you that impression?

·countree_boys
@trueterpenes “more than a handful of compounds found in mineral oil are also found in plants”, it didn’t specifically relate to terpenes but other compounds of mineral oil it seemed like. Regarding my observation though that the language advertising has changed from “does not contain any non-terpene ingredients” to “does not contain any non-organic ingredients” - begging the specific question: does Viscosity contain any non-terpene ingredients? Yes or no please?

· trueterpenes
@countree_boys it does, like any full spectrum essential oil.

·countree_boys
@trueterpenes thank you for responding plainly. Has it always?

·trueterpenes
@countree_boys We haven’t changed the formula, just the language to help clarify.

141ironlung

Now True Terpenes is flatly saying it contains non-terpene ingredients, after they have for years claims it's only isolated terpenes with no "non-terpene ingredients". And let us not forget that you Future4200 also claimed it's made from only isolated terpenes.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
This is disgusting. Don't care what the tests say. They obviously are trying to cover up false advertising.
Will never purchase from them, regardless of results.

I asked them to clarify why they changed the wording, their response is that they are concerned about the slight difference in Terpene vs Terpenoid.

I told them that their website needs to reflect this, and that the current wording, and their untimely changing of said wording, is suspect af.

I also mentioned that this would be an appropriate time to open source the ingredient list, albeit a more appropriate time would have been upfront.

How they respond will dictate how I respond.

MrBungle

I don't see why it would be such a big deal to list the ingredients... they don't have to list the percentages of each... it would probably ease a lot of worried minds...

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I can't trust any company who's SDS lists no ingredients. How is a medical professional supposed to help if we cannot even tell them what's in it? Oh, they can't. And that's the entire purpose of an SDS. In fact, OSHA recommends not even keeping SDS for materials that are non hazardous. By keeping around an SDS, it is hazardous, so it would be really handy to tell the doctor what kind of "fatal if swallowed" substance I took. And that last part is just out of argument, I wouldn't vape even with somebody else's lungs.

What is the end use of Viscosity?

What is the end use of Viscosity?

I understand the ingredients are important, but just as important is for TT to clarify WHAT IS THE PURPOSE/END USE OF VISCOSITY, especially as they start to change wordings of things.

If you read SDS, it says the purpose is to make oils more runny.

It then goes on to state that it has not been tested for use with vaping and that if you do anything with it other than thin oils (ie if you vape that thinned oil), it is on you.

The wording looks like it's trying to cover them even if it Viscosity turns out to contain substances that are toxic/cancerous, become toxic/cancerous when vaped or turn oils toxic/cancerous, they will say that it's your fault because you used it outside the intended use, ie making oil runnier.

slant.i

I asked them to clarify why they changed the wording, their response is that they are concerned about the slight difference in Terpene vs Terpenoid.

I told them that their website needs to reflect this, and that the current wording, and their untimely changing of said wording, is suspect af.

I also mentioned that this would be an appropriate time to open source the ingredient list, albeit a more appropriate time would have been upfront.

How they respond will dictate how I respond.

Based on that response, it would seem that they are trying to imply that all ingredients are terpenoids if not terpenes.

slant.i

I can't trust any company who's SDS lists no ingredients. How is a medical professional supposed to help if we cannot even tell them what's in it? Oh, they can't. And that's the entire purpose of an SDS. In fact, OSHA recommends not even keeping SDS for materials that are non hazardous. By keeping around an SDS, it is hazardous, so it would be really handy to tell the doctor what kind of "fatal if swallowed" substance I took. And that last part is just out of argument, I wouldn't vape even with somebody else's lungs.

This is a great point. Besides just concern for the end user, what about people working with this product where exposure levels will likely be much higher?

If there was an accident at a manufacturing facility(more likely someone's kitchen or garage) and one of the workers was taken in, the doctors wouldn't know how to respond. I question whether TT would even have the right answers for the doctors.

S

Sertaiz

this is exactly how almost everything we ingest from large companies is tainted in plain sight and fed to us, legally.

it took an industry like this with health conscious stoners that have time to kill looking into things like this.
how many other product cultures have that level of care and customer control? its inspiring to see what weed culture can do.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have been keeping a hard copy of this thread. I also have https://web.archive.org/web/20190101000000*/trueterpenes.com bookmarked. :tiphat:

I must be to electronically stupid to find the Viscosity page on webarchive. But I did see on the safety page, the first terpene is hazardous to aquatic life, and the last "Valencene is suspected of causing cancer"
I understand poison is in the dose, but they are selling us a flavoring agent for us to vape, that says "suspected of causing cancer"

Can someone post side by side screenshot of the advertisement wording change?

I was too late

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
From TT website on "natural" and "organic"
FAQ
General Terpene Info
OUR Terpenes

Short version: All terpenes of this high purity MUST SHOW these warnings, legally and ethically.

If you see terpenes for sale somewhere that does not show these scary warnings, one of two things is occurring:

1) The product is NOT high enough purity to warrant a legal warning (when diluted, terpenes are safe enough to ingest and do not need warnings)

2) The company is in violation by not displaying the proper safety information to you. Proceed at your own risk!

We certify that the terpenes are declared natural and meets the criteria of Naturalness as defined in Section 101.22 (a) (3) of Title 21 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations.

We certify that the product meets the following criteria:

Does not contain any artificial flavors
Is not adulterated or misbranded according to Food and Drug laws

Our terpenes are certified organic, natural, non-gmo and food grade.

We declare that the terpenes meet the requirements for non-agricultural (non-organic) substances allowed as ingredients in or on processed products labeled as “organic” or “made with organic (specified ingredients or food group(s))” [7 CFR 205.605(a)(9)].

To qualify to be “USDA Certified Organic”, a product must be considered “agricultural”. In other words, something you can grow and eat.

Once a terpene is extracted from a plant it is no longer considered to be “agricultural” and therefore cannot be classified as “USDA Certified Organic” but it IS organic compliant and is an FDA approved natural product.

The non-agricultural standard for “organic” means that there were no outside or synthetic solvents or chemicals used in the making and extraction.

All of the flavor constituents in our products meet the FDA definition of a natural flavor

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I must be stupid because I can't even find Viscosity on their website now.
Did they remove Viscosity? That doesn't look well either.

I don't see anything about Viscosity anywhere on their website.

Edit: sorry the Viscosity statement is on buy terpenes.com not trueterpenes.com. They are still selling it there

Latest posts

Latest posts