What's new

True Grit: Coen Brothers Newest

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody else out there a fan of the Coen Brothers movies? They have a new one coming out in a couple of weeks, looks killer! Its a remake of the old John Wayne movie, the trailer looks like it will be even grittier than the first.

Mucho info on the Coen Brothers website, including the trailer.

http://www.coenbrothers.net/

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
There is big buzz about this movie here in LA, it sounds like its going to be epic.

I'm going to a screening of it in the next few days, I'll report back.

G

Guest3498

I've been waiting for this to come out since I first saw the trailer. Looks sick.

ROJO145

Veteran
Stop,ya cant top the origonals...just stop it already,that goes for all the other talentless ones doin covers of origional songs too!YOU WILL NEVER BEAT AN ORIGIONAL!!!

ddrew

Veteran
Gotta agree with ROJO, no one can fill the Dukes shoes.

Plus I'm already sick of the super raspy voice Jeff Bridges is doing just from the commercials.

G

Guest3498

Big difference between a remake and a sequel.

Plenty of good remakes out there.... oceans 11, the thing, dawn of the dead... I thought the new 3:10 to yuma was dope!

Have yet to see a coen bros movie that wasn't awesome....

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If anybody can pull it off, its the Coens. And, I could listen to Jeff Bridges raspy gurgles all day, that guy rocks.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
The Coens make the best movies...Fargo, NCFOM, Oh brother where art thou, and on and on... you just gotta love their style of film making

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Coens make the best movies...Fargo, NCFOM, Oh brother where art thou, and on and on... you just gotta love their style of film making

Not to mention "The Big Lebowski"......one of the greatest stoner movies of all time. Fuckin A.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Is this going to follow their usual MO, an idiot plot where everyone is a complete moron? Works great for Blood Simple, Hudsucker Proxy or the Man who Wasn't There but, True Grit?

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jeeeezz, Freezerboy!

This thread was directed towards fans of the Coen Bros, not Coen haters. You don't like 'em, fine, but at the very least you should offer up some legit criticism, not hate-puke.

Idiot plots? Usual MO? None of that should occupy a critique of their movies. If they have an MO, it is that they produce, write, and direct movies in a different genre every time, although I guess you could say this will be their second foray into the western, albeit westerns from different eras.

Chill out dude.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Jeeeezz, Freezerboy!

This thread was directed towards fans of the Coen Bros,

Then count me in. Heck, count me twice! I've been singing their praises since the debut of Blood Simple. Directed towards anyone else, idiot plot would be a slam but, it's the Cohen's meat and potatoes and they do it brilliantly. Nearly everyone in Blood simple, Oh Brother, Big Lebowski, Fargo, etc, is a complete moron and that's the magic of it all. Just how low can they go on the intelligence scale and still fascinate you?

In the hands of anyone else, you'd have a bad Jerry Lewis film. With the Cohen's, it's art.

Didn't mean to get your goat. I'm a huge fan. Just having a hard time wrapping my head around Rooster Cogburn holding up a bullet and saying, "You know, for kids." But, if anyone can do it, Joel and Ethan get my vote.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Well I think it's going to be good..but can anyone really fill the Dukes boots? I don't think so. Props to Jeff Bridges for stepping up, he is a great actor.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not too many westerns made anymore, be looking forward to it. The Coens take their craft seriously, they will try to make a great movie at any rate.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Not too many westerns made anymore, be looking forward to it. The Coens take their craft seriously, they will try to make a great movie at any rate.

No doubt it will be a great movie...wait it already was..anyway..