What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRSC Nepalese 2020

herblux

Lebanizer 6L final pot size, started with 0.25L --> 1L (gradual change to 11/13 from a 15/9 lighting schedule) --> 3.5L --> 6L. Any bigger would not be possible in my small space without heavy training for the larger individuals. Some had to be topped twice with a good amount of bending. Larger ones like the taller Nepalese reached about 120cm (topped only once, bent often) measuring from soil level.

Lebanizer

Lebanizer 6L final pot size, started with 0.25L --> 1L (gradual change to 11/13 from a 15/9 lighting schedule) --> 3.5L --> 6L. Any bigger would not be possible in my small space without heavy training for the larger individuals. Some had to be topped twice with a good amount of bending. Larger ones like the taller Nepalese reached about 120cm (topped only once, bent often) measuring from soil level.

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated :) !

achille

Veteran
Nepalese from Rolpa is very resistant to rain: this particular bud was drenched yesterday, it is situated right where the water fall from the roof. No resin loss !
fetch?photoid=17970033.jpg

herblux

Very nice achille !
Which latitude are you at roughly, please?
Looks like it still needs quite a few weeks to finish. Going by indoor I guesstimate 4-5 weeks?

achille

Veteran
It started flowering as soon as we hit 12h, I rarely have frost at my location so I could be lucky. I noticed however that the resin is already cloudy, I speculate that since it is a strain selected to be harvested by rubbing with the hands (not just one harvest) the resin should be ok to harvest anytime, a good cure being important. I noticed that the vegetative phase leaves are quite active and good quality to smoke. I am not stressing too much with this one ;)

meizzwang

these got beat up pretty bad here in the pacific Northwest, we had an atomospheric river for many days in a row, meaning it rained very hard! just like Herblux's plants, these buds look like they're going to be pretty solid. It's still too early to detect any signficant aroma, but I'll report later on as the resin glands develop. These still have maybe 1 month left to go, pictures taken late October:
51637285499_5a6273aabc_c.jpg

51636853973_47b73155aa_c.jpg

meizzwang

not yet, but I do expect this strain to get botrytis once it is more developed if we continue to get weeks of cold rain. I got some botrytis on my early Kerala strain, which I thought in the past was one of the more mold resistant strains. The kerala plants are maybe a week away from being done. I think any variety will eventually become susceptible to botrytis under prolonged humid/cool conditions once they are near peak ripeness.

meizzwang

did find botrytis on one of the buds now, and it's not even half way done yet! This strain doesn't seem as mold resistant compared to others.

Here's the really leafy pheno, can't really tell much about the smell but the yield looks like it's going to be nice. That said, i don't really like the extensive leaves on this one:
51659266142_90d566fa85_c.jpg

close up of the same plant:
51660301883_6e1b808733_c.jpg

This one is later flowering, but it doesn't seem as leafy. It may have bigger bracts too:
51660070996_bc64828cd0_c.jpg