What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

Montuno

...como el Son...
19-Junio-2022.
King Congo (Congo Point Noire X South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company; nacida el 15-Mayo).
Ya hace algún día que mostró ser hembra!! Una vez más, no es sólo la sativa pura que cultivo más rápida en mostrar sexo, sino que ha vuelto a adelantarse incluso a híbridos indica/sativa de los que se cosechan a primeros de Octubre [tengo una Flash Back (Flo X White Widow; Sweet Seeds) nacida el mismo día en el agujero de al lado, aparte de la Zamaldélica de A.C.E.).
La tengo a la King Congo, además, en el agujero que más sufre el Sol, pues ya me ha demostrado su dureza a mi tipo de calor ardiente y seco; la pobre, ya ha conocido los 43°C a la sombra de máxima, y humedades ambientales mínimas del 10%...:

19-June-2022.
King Congo (Congo Point Noire X South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company; born 15-May).
She has already shown herself to be a female some day ago! Once again, she is not only the fastest pure sativa I grow to show sex, but she has once again beaten even indica/sativa hybrids harvested in early October [I have a Flash Back (Flo X White Widow; Sweet Seeds) born the same day in the hole next door, as well as A.C.E.'s Zamaldelica].
I have her (the King Congo), moreover, in the hole that suffers more the Sun, because it has already demonstrated me its hardness to my type of burning and dry heat; the poor girl has already known the 43°C (109'5°F) in the shade of maximum, and minimum environmental humidities of 10%....:

IMG_20220619_133213.jpg
IMG_20220619_133239.jpg
IMG_20220619_133317.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
(26-Junio; 21:15 h)

King Congo (Congo Point Noire X South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company; nacida/born 15-Mayo).

Ya os comenté como un año más, muestra su sexo con apenas un mes de edad, adelantando en ello incluso a índicas puras. También espero a ver si como otras veces, en cuanto "detecte" el acortamiento de las horas de luz diurna, se ponga a florar... Eso sí, luego no está lista en mi zona y clima hasta (mínimo los "fenos" más tempranos que he visto) la mitad de Noviembre ...
No sólo es la más alta que el resto de las plantas coetáneas, sino la más ramificada, y con mucho: aquí ya le he cortado los 2 nudos inferiores (cuatro ramitas). En las otras plantas las ramificaciones apenas apuntan, y son casi imposibles de cortar:

I already told you how, one more year, it shows its sex when it is only one month old, even ahead of pure indicas. I am also waiting to see if, like other times, as soon as it "detects" the shortening of the daylight hours, it starts to flower... Of course, then it is not ready in my area and climate until (at least the earliest "phenos" I've seen) the middle of November ...
It is not only taller than the rest of the contemporary plants, but also the most branched, and by far: here I have already cut the 2 lower nodes (four twigs). On the other plants the branches barely point out, and are almost impossible to cut:
IMG_20220626_204756.jpg
IMG_20220626_204827.jpg
IMG_20220626_204855.jpg
IMG_20220626_205014.jpg
IMG_20220626_204952.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
wow, looks like paradise in that sun!

Looks like good secure place with those walls ....really great set up

Pure sun and earth:rasta:

...I hope as a fervent atheist surrounded by Roman Apostolic Catholic Christians, Gypsies Philadelfia Evangelical Christians, and malekies Sunni Muslims, that if I must be wrong and Paradise does exist, it will be a cooler and more humid place in summer...

IMG_20220626_202348.jpg
IMG_20220626_202600.jpg
IMG_20220626_202655.jpg

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
1-Julio:
King Congo (Congo Point Noire X South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company; nacida el 15-Mayo).
Mostró preflores hembras al mes escaso de nacer (las otras dos variedades coetáneas, aún no).
Es la más alta de las 3 plantas coetáneas, y con mucho la más ramificado.
Aquí, he cortado otros 2 nudos inferiores (los pequeños muretes de "La Perrera" sombrean la parte baja de las plantas) o 4 ramitas más de los otros dos nudos cortados anteriormente; osea, le faltan las 8 ramitas inferiores, y sigo con la tierra de diatoméas, pues desde el suelo hasta un metro de altura, "La Perrera" es una nube de pequeños jóvenes saltamontes:

1-July:
King Congo (Congo Point Noire X South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company; born 15-May).
Showed female preflowers within a month of hatching (the other two coeval varieties, not yet).
It is the tallest of the 3 coeval plants, and by far the most branched.
Here, I have cut another 2 lower nodes (the small walls of "La Perrera" shade the lower part of the plants) or 4 more twigs from the two previously cut nodes, so it lacks the 8 lower twigs, and I continue with the diatomaceous earth, because from the ground up to a meter high, "La Perrera" is a cloud of small young grasshoppers:

IMG_20220701_121535.jpg
IMG_20220701_121603.jpg
IMG_20220701_121635.jpg
IMG_20220701_121828.jpg
IMG_20220701_121831.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
8-July; 21:45 h.

King Congo (Congo Point Noire X South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company; born May 15). The lower 4 nodes (8 twigs) have been pruned, and it showed female preflowers at one month of birth.

(The whitish spots on all plants are diatomaceous earth):

IMG_20220708_213909.jpg
IMG_20220708_214523.jpg
IMG_20220708_212052.jpg
IMG_20220708_213315.jpg
IMG_20220708_213157.jpg

IMG_20220708_212202.jpg

IMG_20220708_212713.jpg

Last edited:

Hempy McNoodle

I decided to do a solo cup micro-grow under my kitchen counter. I'll be running a 7 'Athina North Greek Landrace seeds from Tropical. The main purpose is to reproduce a stock of seeds for myself, but also curious to see how these plants turn out and how they differ from the one I grew outdoors in 2020 (a phenomenal plant!).

I am continuing to study any correlations between the shape of the bottom of the seed and the plants gender at maturity. Round pits on the bottom were marked with an 'O' and asymmetrical pits were marked with an 'X.'

IMG_20220714_165716662.jpg

Hempy McNoodle

Here are the Athena (Greek) plants just a little more than two weeks after sprouting. They are doing great! I was a little disappointed at first because they all had deformed leaves. But, as they grew each new set was less deformed and now they are all normal healthy leaves. I'm glad they got better because I really feel this is a special line.

Here is one example of the deformed leaves....

IMG_20220801_163512002.jpg

Here is an example of a set of leaves which came out one week later...

IMG_20220801_163541337.jpg

And, here they are now looking great!..

IMG_20220801_163421934.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
Greetings from the northern slope of Sierra Morena, approximately 39° N and more than 800 meters above sea level.
This is how the weather is here today; 26°C (79°F) nighttime low, 43°C (109.5°F) daytime high in the shade, and humidity between 10 and 45%.
Screenshot_2022_0802_175114.png

31-July; dusk:
King Congo (Congo Point Noire x Sounth African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company), born last May 15.

As I told you from previous experiences, being a hybrid of equatorial landrace sativa x subtropical mountain landrace sativa, it starts flowering earlier than most commercial indica hybrids: as soon as the hours of light begin to decrease. She showed first female preflower with only 1 month old.
As I also commented before, this does not mean that in my experience it has never been ready before November 15th.
The lower 5 nodes (10 twigs) have been pruned.
(The white powder is diatomaceous earth):

IMG_20220731_211053.jpg
IMG_20220731_211353.jpg
IMG_20220731_214024.jpg
IMG_20220731_211421.jpg
IMG_20220731_211137.jpg
IMG_20220731_211235.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
I wonder if she'll be purple like that one you grew in 2020 (or was it last year?)...
Indeed, 2020 as seen in this thread.... I will never forget it, because that winter (January 2021) was not only the coldest I remember in Sierra Morena, but it even snowed (here it rarely snows), and it really snowed... So much so that if it wasn't for the palm trees under certain piles of snow, I would have been able to pass the photos off as German or Canadian...
My little niece and one of the dogs, in particular the German Shepherd, went crazy...

You mean the "feno Congo Point Noire".
I recognize that for a sativero is visually spectacular, with that look of wild equatorial African landrace... While the "phenos Ciskei" show a much more tamed and worked aspect and/or of subtropical landrace of mountain...
It is something similar to the visual comparison between the "pheno crazy wheat" of Destroyer (Cannabiogen) and the one used by Dutch Passion in its reproduction for its copy Desfrán.
But in the case of King Congo, I personally prefer the "more Ciskei phenos": they are less potent, but their psychoactivity oscillates between euphoric/motivating/introspective (but always happy, warm and social) is more to my personal taste than that of the "C.P.N. pheno" I got that 2020, which is more potent but crazy, between introspective (always preserving clarity and creativity, but colder, but never "antisocial") and electric, I seem to remember...
Also, the Ciskei phenos are much fruitier and sweeter (spectacular taste to me), which coincides with my personal taste...
My personal favorite King Congo so far is the first one I show in this thread, I think from 2017, and which I later called "feno 2/3 Ciskei, 1/3 CPN", which had the spectacular flavor commented, as well as the same potency as the "feno CPN", and its psychoactivity was both introspective and very happy, although without being able to strictly qualify it as euphoric.
My last "feno Ciskei" from 2020 was not as potent, but it was euphoric, without an introspective side, I seem to remember...

Anyway, my appreciations in the tastings of the moment are in the back of the thread, because my memory may betray me.

This current one, by its appearance (it has pink/purple lines on the petioles and branches) could be either the "feno 2/3 Ciskei, 1/3 CPN 2017", or the "feno Congo Point Noire 2020"...

Last edited:

Nexus7

I am continuing to study any correlations between the shape of the bottom of the seed and the plants gender at maturity. Round pits on the bottom were marked with an 'O' and asymmetrical pits were marked with an 'X.'

View attachment 18733792

It would be nice you did a thread where people could send in pics of their seed and you gave a verdict on sex and they came back to let you know if it was male or female.

In my limited experience I didn't seem to find any correlation between shape at base of seed and sex but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't there. Very interested either way as I heard about this before.

Hempy McNoodle

It would be nice you did a thread where people could send in pics of their seed and you gave a verdict on sex and they came back to let you know if it was male or female.

In my limited experience I didn't seem to find any correlation between shape at base of seed and sex but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't there. Very interested either way as I heard about this before.
It's difficult because it seems to alternate between various landraces. I am planning on outlining all of this in more detail in a thread in the near future.

Montuno

...como el Son...
16 (dawning) of August

Aprox, 39°N & 900 metres high.

Maximum temperatures in the shade, after a refreshing rain from the north over the weekend, have dropped by 10 to 15 °C: from daily 40 to 45 °C (104 to 113 °F), we are now in the heavenly 30 to 35 °C (86 to 95 °F).
But I am afraid that the AEMet predicts a return to 40 °C (104 °F) by the end of the week.

"La Perrera aka The Dogs' House":

Right: Flash Back 2° ed (Flo x White Widow, Sweet Seeds, born on 15-May).

Left: King Congo (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei, Tropical Seeds Company, born on 15-May)

Rear: Zamaldélica fem (Zamal x Golden Tiger, Asociación de Cultivadores Españoles, born on 19-May)

Hidden by weeds in the middle: MadMac's (O. Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble, born on 26-June).

IMG_20220816_100832.jpg
IMG_20220816_101441.jpg
IMG_20220816_101501.jpg

(...)

Latest posts

Latest posts