What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

3-Diciembre-2020.

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; "feno Congo PN"). Born 5-May.

The plant now has only isolated and much less developed lower buds:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
Please post total weight once dried brother its got to be getting up there.
By eye, I don't think it will exceed 1.5 kgs.

You can round it to the nearest metric tonne.:D
Heh heh... The truth is that at Monte Adentro we are very raw and primitive, and instead of measuring the harvest by weight, we do it by volume; specifically, in sacks or olive harvesting spouts, with a volume of 50 or 80 litres... (Graphic example of another year in "La Perrera"):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

B

Benny106

Holy shit! ... That's how my grandparents measured the cereals and the olives... They have a volume of 4.5 litres, approx...
Do you speak Spanish?

I wish amigo. Google translated bushel for me.:blowbubbles:

Montuno

...como el Son...
...As well as being very rustic our method of calibrating the THC content. The laboratories and technology needed to do this are beyond our reach...but like there is never a lack of dogs in the country, we have trained some in this work:

If the dog, after sniffing the grass, turns its head and snorts as if it is upset: low concentration of THC.
If it barks: medium concentration.
If it barks twice: high concentration.
If it rampages on its hind legs while howling like a wolf at full moon: fine cinnamon...

Here, Yaqui, approaching to test "a few bushels"...

picture.php

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Montuno

...como el Son...
Zamalmystik 2020

Zamalmystik 2020

9-November-2020.

Zamalmistyc [ (Zamal Mafate 80's) x (Original Misty x Jack Herer/Afghan)] F5; Tropical Seeds Company; born 20-July.

Its aroma has become very fruity over the last few days: carrot/mango with a chlorophyll/mint finish...

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

From 1 to 3 of December of 2020.

That's how Zamalmystik was that day 3th December.
The next day, the 4th, I would have harvested it; I would have liked to have left it until the middle of December, but I go these days with the harvest of the olive trees and I fear that I will not be able to do it:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
Zamalmystik 2019 vs 2020

Zamalmystik 2019 vs 2020

As you can see in the quote, this Zamalmystik of 2020 is quite different from the one I had in 2019. The one from 2019 was much more productive, and was ready before (around November 20), although the one from 2020 was born a whole month later (20 July; I have verified that plants born later than mid-June are delayed in maturing as much as they are born later).
That of 2019 reminded more in its aspect of hybrid sativas "Dutch type" as Jack Herer or Silver Haze. The one of 2020 reminds much more of the African Zamal, and is much more resinous.
The psychoactivity of the one of 2019 seemed to me equal to those of some Silver Haze #9 of Sensi Seeds that I had in the past: happy and very clean and clear; but lacking the power and "complexity" of the King Congo.
This other one from 2020, in some early tasting I have done, is much more powerful than the one from 2019, and although its effect is also clear and happy, it is a more complex effect with more nuances... I will be more precise in the future.

2019 - November - 7 :

Zamalmystik [(Zamal Mafate 80's x (Original Misty x Jack Herer / Afghan)] F5; (born as Full Energy between the end of June and the beginning of July), it still has a fruity / citric smell (between lemon, tangerine and sweet carrot) mixed with peppermint.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Montuno

...como el Son...
Zamalmystik 2020

Zamalmystik 2020

7-Diciembre-2020.

Zamalmistyc [ (Zamal Mafate 80's) x (Original Misty x Jack Herer/Afghan)] F5. Born 20-July.

In the dryer:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
12-Diciembre-2020:

So I have the big mesh (1 shelf of King Congo "feno South African Ciskei", another of Zamalmystik... and 5 of King Congo " feno Congo Point Noire", apart from several big branches of the latter that I have hanging from the ceiling, as I showed some messages behind...):

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° "feno Ciskei" 2020

King Congo 2° "feno Ciskei" 2020

By 19-November both King Congos were fully ripe. I decided to pick them up the next day 20, but certain obligations kept me busy and I could not return to "La Perrera" until the evening of 22nd. I took a few photos of the plants to document their condition just before I started harvesting them the next day...

22-Noviembre.
King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; born 18-June).
Main tip:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

13-Diciembre-2020.

I start packing in glass jars both King Congo.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; "feno Ciskei"). Born 18-June; harvested November 23th :

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php