What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

29-7-2020:
King Congo 1st, (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; born in the first week of May), now, seen from the opposite direction to the previous one:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Montuno,
first I'd like to congratulate for your marvelous plants, seems like a constant now to see you growing great looking "trees" by Tropical Seeds, really lovely.
Did you maybe try their Cognition?
It was the first seed pack I ordered from them, popped one and got this amazing female leaning on the C.P.N. side, finished her outdoors and cloned for another indoor round.
The high was really something spiritual, can't describe it since a lot of time has passed but it itches me to pop another Cognition seed, I think the cross has great potential for sativa lovers.

Cognition outdoors
picture.php

Cognition indoors
picture.php

Cheers

Montuno

...como el Son...
Hola, Koondense.

The truth is that I grow mainly Tropical Seeds Company, CannaBioGen and A.C.E., because of the results of their sativas to me.

Did you maybe try their Cognition? (...) The high was really something spiritual, can't describe it since a lot of time has passed but it itches me to pop another Cognition seed, I think the cross has great potential for sativa lovers.

I haven't tried Cognition, but you're not the first one to recommend it either; I seem to remember that Mustafunk, in a Spanish forum, also told me that he liked it a lot...

But about what you said about its "hard-to-describe spiritual effect"..: You might want to refer to an "introspective/creative/positive" type effect that doesn't "scatter your mind" but even seems to encourage concentration...?
I am referring to a "clean" effect, not "lysergic" or "exciting/caffeine", which although it may be cheerful or even "euphoric", stands out for its "introspective" nature.(?)

Salud!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

29-7-2020:

King Congo 1, (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei), (born first week of May).

Young shoot in early floration:

picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Montuno,
regarding the effect,
yes, "clear" is the right word. This herb was mind shifting, like a lightly windy clear sky after a week of fog and damp. Really interesting, many people told me it was a medicinal herb, for the spirit. Some introspection also and definitely not euphoric or too happy. On Cognition you realize the happiness has its place, as all the other things. Much control over the mind and yet the immense feeling of freedom.
Inspiring.

Cheers

Montuno

...como el Son...
Koondense:

The effect you describe is very reminiscent of several Destroyer (CannaBioGen) I've had. Also my last King Congo (Tropical Seeds) (more Ciskei side, maybe); although this one added a "happy and social" touch to that "introspective / creative / inspiring" effect (it reminds me of a mix between the effects of Destroyer and the old green Flo by DjShort)... This year, with King Congo 1° (plus Congo Point Noire side), I will be able to tell you if the effect is different.
I have heard that Old Congo and Durban Punch also have a similar effect, but with a more "electric / energizing" side... But this is all very subjective, of course...

Mucha salud.

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

29-7-2020:

King Congo 1, (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei), (born first week of May).

Appearance of pre-flowers and the very early flowers:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
..By the way, the maximum daytime temperatures in the shade here at Monte Adentro are between 38 and 44 degrees Celsius...
...The nighttime minimum and maximum temperatures are about the same: between 20 and 25 °C...

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

19-July-2020: The King Congo 2° is beginning to feel good about the transplant at "The Kennel" (aka "The Dogs' House"). Her appearance also seems to become more sativa as she grows..:

View Image

8-August-2020:

So is now the King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; born 18-June).
A couple of days ago I could see the first female pre-flower:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
Zamalmystik 2020

Zamalmystik 2020

8-August-2020.

And today also transfer to "La Perrera" the Zamalmystik ; [(Zamal Mafate 80's x (Original Misty x Jack Herer/Afghan)] F5; (born 20-July):

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
Full Energy 2020

Full Energy 2020

9-Augut-2020.

And today the last of the 4 plants I have germinated this year was born to me; Full Energy

picture.php

bc487fb89e29faf27578250c8f4d3883.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
9-August-2020.

I think this last one Full Energy , when I transplant it to "The Kennel", I will plant it between Zamalmistyc (foreground) and King Congo 2° (background), in the "East side" of "The Kennel"...

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

(9-August-2020)

...because the "western part" of "The Kennel", it seems that it will be totally occupied by King Congo 1 (Congo Point Noire * Sout African Ciskei; born the first week of May).
Its stem is more than 2 meters long, but I have it bent (in the direction of the East, towards the West) at about 45° with the ground.
View from the East towards the West:

picture.php

Lower half:

picture.php

Top half:

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

(9-August-2020).
King Congo 1°, view in the opposite direction; from the West, towards the East:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

(9-August-2020)
King Congo 1, now seen from the North to the South.
Lower half:

picture.php

picture.php

Top half:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

By the way: Have you noticed how early it is to start flowering, being the "sativon" that it is: It was born the 1st week of May; it showed the first female pre-flowers a month and a half later, in mid-June; and a month later, in mid-July, it clearly started to flower (with the solar photoperiod of 38° North latitude!). Other "sativones" of this type do not start flowering until September, here...

I've heard of something similar (a kind of "sativa autoforation") in Zamal and other long flowering pure sativas from the African islands of the Indian Ocean, I think... That as soon as they reach a certain maturity they start to flower, even if later this flowering is long (?).
I don't know if it will be something similar...

The previous King Congo female I showed, also took only a month and a half to show pre-flowers and began to flower before two sativa/indica hybrids like Orion (Apollo11 * Smooth Smoke; Tropical Seeds) and Purple Mexican (Oaxaca '79 * Pakistan Citral Kush; CannaBioGen); although I harvested the last one, in mid-November...

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
Today, at the age of 11, Talibán , one of my friends and guardians from "La Perrera" ("The Kennel" aka 'The Dogs' House") died.
This is his last photo, just a few month ago; always protecting the youngest members of his family:

picture.php