What's new

Trippin' into the Congo....

T

THE PABLOS

Bumping my own thread

Bumping my own thread

I'm flowering another Congo outcross.....this one is using two Grape Krush dads...call it Conglomerate or Conglom for short.

Conglom= Congo X Grape Krush

The Congo mom...it's the same Congo mom I used in Elephant Head (the above plants I grew).

I have a total of 4 Congloms.....the 3 I'm showing today are being completely flowered indoors. The 4th one is being flowered roughly 1/2 indoors and 1/2 outdoors in my pit. I have a thread in the Test Grow/New Varieties forums that have pix of her...and the pit etc...

Ages are between 44-49 days....look much like the Elephant Heads....which looked much like Congo.....so it is safe to say this cross is dominated by Congo.

In all honesty: After having reread some of this thread, and looking at the final pix of the Elephant Heads.....I don't believe I could tell the difference between Conglom and Elephant Head...expression wise I'm speaking. They are remarkably identical....

All the Congloms are going to be good yielders....they all smell like sweet chewing gum....they all are resinous...they all have single beans growing on some of their flowers.....pretty close to uniform...with maybe one showing a slightly different flower.

Interesting stuff....I'm blown away that the Grape Krush males didn't have more of an influence. I was looking for a Bluish Congo...just for shits and grins...but....I'll be damned if I see any of the Krush attributes....the show is run by the Congo in a sort of absolution.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ehehehhe looks like Congo has been quite dominant in the cross ... love to see crosses between our sativas and dj shorts indicas but i understand you expected more Grape Krush influence in the Congo x Grape Krush F1 hybrid. And you are right .. Congo it's a very nice and completly different sativa. Best wishes!

hi dubi,

what similarities/differences would you say you find in the effect between different congolese lines? They tend to all be described as active.

I for myself am about to test out from clones a few Congo Pointe Noire X OTH females i kept i veg (i believe the OTH haze in this cross is partially from ace).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello ganja brother,

All the congolese sativas selected for the released congolese hybrids are very stimulant/energetic especially bangi haze and congo 3 sativa. Pure bangi congolese was less potent but smaller and faster to flower .. it's funny kind of high, good party weed :)
Good luck with your sativa grows!

Latest posts

Latest posts