What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tripleberry F2 Testers by browntrout

starke

I haven't seen you mention anything about your PH. From looking at your pictures, you appear to have a low PH issue going on with your plants.

I have not tried to sample my runoff but I will. Input is 5.5-5.6 when I mix the feed in RO water. Rises to 5.8-5.9 by day three when I finish the rez. Meter is a Blue Lab Guardian calibrated each Monday whether it needs it or not. I have a Blue Lab hand held that I'm going to cross check the Guardian with.

starke

I haven't seen you mention anything about your PH. From looking at your pictures, you appear to have a low PH issue going on with your plants.

The Guardian in the rez says 5.7 right now with two days left on the rez. The calibrated beforehand Blue Lab hand held says 5.8 so I'm fairly confident in my ph going in.

I'm going to sample runoff when I feed in the AM and will post the results here. If anything seems out of wack with those numbers I will be at a loss and looking for all the advice I can get.

starke

Fed the ladies this morning and sampled runoff from each with the following results:

Plant-----ec-----ph

#3-------1.3-----6.4
#4-------1.3-----6.2
#10------1.3-----6.4
#12------1.4-----5.8
#13------1.3-----5.8
#14------1.4-----6.2

I think I'm going to ph a rez of .2ec well water to 5.8 and give them about a 2X flush just because I figure it cannot hurt.

Peace,
starke

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Today marks 13 weeks above ground and the ladies still do not seem overly happy. Numbers 13 and 14 at the rear of the room are still fighting either a nute or ph issue that I cannot identify. Ph going in and coming out checks out OK with two separate Blue Lab calibrated ph meters. Nutes and medium are the same for my moms, clones and even the clones of these ladies. Everything else is happy and growing like crazy except these ladies.

Since I grow to keep the misses and I supplied, I am at the outer edge of my window to have something in flower to harvest before we run out. Accordingly, for better or worse these ladies went into 36 hours of dark about an hour ago and will wake up Sunday morning to a 12/12 light schedule. Sink or swim for them from there on. If I don't get them sorted in a week or so I'm going to cull the lot and flower four of my moms. Following the moms I'll re-run the clones of these ladies.

So we'll see what this next week brings...

Peace,
starke

picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
Today marks 13 weeks above ground and the ladies still do not seem overly happy. Numbers 13 and 14 at the rear of the room are still fighting either a nute or ph issue that I cannot identify. Ph going in and coming out checks out OK with two separate Blue Lab calibrated ph meters. Nutes and medium are the same for my moms, clones and even the clones of these ladies. Everything else is happy and growing like crazy except these ladies.

Since I grow to keep the misses and I supplied, I am at the outer edge of my window to have something in flower to harvest before we run out. Accordingly, for better or worse these ladies went into 36 hours of dark about an hour ago and will wake up Sunday morning to a 12/12 light schedule. Sink or swim for them from there on. If I don't get them sorted in a week or so I'm going to cull the lot and flower four of my moms. Following the moms I'll re-run the clones of these ladies.

So we'll see what this next week brings...

Peace,
starke

View Image

Looks like you are on the right track Starke. They look healthy enough to have some decent bud. They look much better than few weeks ago, good work.

I have never tested anything of mine in a hydro type setup but the growth pattern is interesting, most likely more due to the light.

starke

Looks like you are on the right track Starke. They look healthy enough to have some decent bud. They look much better than few weeks ago, good work.

I have never tested anything of mine in a hydro type setup but the growth pattern is interesting, most likely more due to the light.

Thanks for the encouragement. Crazy how it goes sometimes.

mack 10

Veteran
They look ok.
What is the white medium?

Maybe use one type of medium with a more stable pH and EC, next run.
Will make everything more easy/better.

That is, if you can't find your mediums sweet spot.

Rock on.
@browntrout, just germing my own Trips.
The seeds looked super nice and healthy.
2up so far.

starke

They look ok.
What is the white medium?

Maybe use one type of medium with a more stable pH and EC, next run.
Will make everything more easy/better.

That is, if you can't find your mediums sweet spot.

Rock on.
@browntrout, just germing my own Trips.
The seeds looked super nice and healthy.
2up so far.

The white medium is perlite. I figured both perlite and hydroton were ph neutral or close to it. I rinse new medium thoroughly and the final rinse is with phd water. Maybe I will try a straight perlite run.

starke

Flower Day 1

Flower Day 1

The ladies spent 36 hours in the dark and received their first 12 hour light cycle yesterday. Going to call today flower day 1. Numbers 13 and 14 at the rear still look like Fido's ass but they are growing. Feeding at 1.0ec and ph ranges between 5.5 and 6.0. Going to run them the rest of this week and then decide their fate.

Peace,
starke

This morning:

picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
Nice one. Couldn't tell if it was that sure to gro stuff that came out a while back.

Make that 4 trips up @bt.

starke

Update Flower Day 7

Update Flower Day 7

Seven days into flower and the ladies have improved in appearance and growth. They have all begun to stretch some which is a welcome relief at this point. Going to spare them the chop and see what they can do.

Feed is at 1.0ec and ph running 5.5 - 6.0 as usual. Sure wish I could figure out what I did to piss in these ladies' cornflakes, but I don't have a clue. I have changed nothing.

Will do another update Saturday morning then I'm headed out of town for about a month. The misses will be taking care of the ladies and they will be in good hands. She doesn't do the IC so there will be no updates unless I can get her to email me some pics so I can make a post. Just have to see how that shakes out.

Here are the ladies as of this morning. Even the new growth on #13 and #14 at the rear of the room is praying to the light, so I guess even they are getting happier:

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Update Flower

Update Flower

Just a quick update as I mentioned in the last post as I'm flying out in a couple of hours to the Land of Lincoln and won't be back until the 9th or 10th of July.

Gave the ladies a defol yesterday as they were extremely leafy, especially in the centers. Normally I would defol at day 21 of flower but had to go earlier this time since I won't be here.

They will be in good hands with the misses and if she sends me some pics, I'll post another update at some point. She says she is not going to because I love those ladies more than I love her. (She might be right.:biggrin:)

The ladies as of this morning:

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a quick update as I mentioned in the last post as I'm flying out in a couple of hours to the Land of Lincoln and won't be back until the 9th or 10th of July.

Gave the ladies a defol yesterday as they were extremely leafy, especially in the centers. Normally I would defol at day 21 of flower but had to go earlier this time since I won't be here.

They will be in good hands with the misses and if she sends me some pics, I'll post another update at some point. She says she is not going to because I love those ladies more than I love her. (She might be right.:biggrin:)

The ladies as of this morning:

View Image

View Image

Peace,
starke

Looking good starke enjoy the trip or at least try too.:biggrin::good:

starke

Update Flower Day 21

Update Flower Day 21

Today closes out three weeks of 12/12 and the ladies appear happy enough. The misses emailed me these pics just after lights on this morning so you are seeing the same look at the ladies as I am seeing for the first time in about 10 days. Looks like they are setting on buds nicely and have stretched about all they are going to.

The misses is keeping the ec at 1.0 and the ph swings from about 5.6 to 6.0 between rez changes.

Really wish I was there to provide nurturing love and support (for the ladies - not the misses :biggrin:)

Not sure exactly when the next update will be so stay tuned.

Peace,
starke

The ladies this morning:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CoCo_LoCo

Rough start but they looking pretty good now.

I didnt feed my veg plants for a week because I was trying to let the coco dry out due to
a fungus gnat issue. My runt fruit pheno developed some calcium deficiency spots on a
few of the leaves. Once I resumed daily feeding no more cal def.

My understanding is that coco likes low ec (1.0) and being fed often to runoff.
10% at least. Every day or multiple times a day. Runoff and low ec stops salt
build up and feeding often means the plants always have access to the nutrients they desire.

Does any of this apply to hempy with perlite? Are you feeding to waste?
How often where you feeding in veg?

Why did the calcium def disappear even though you went back down to 1 ec?

Calcium def and Mag def is an old friend of mine. Back in the day before I knew how to buffer.
I switched to straight perlite once but didnt like the results. Seemed like I did something wrong.
Went back to coco and stuck it out until I got a handle on it.

starke

Rough start but they looking pretty good now.

I didnt feed my veg plants for a week because I was trying to let the coco dry out due to
a fungus gnat issue. My runt fruit pheno developed some calcium deficiency spots on a
few of the leaves. Once I resumed daily feeding no more cal def.

My understanding is that coco likes low ec (1.0) and being fed often to runoff.
10% at least. Every day or multiple times a day. Runoff and low ec stops salt
build up and feeding often means the plants always have access to the nutrients they desire.

Does any of this apply to hempy with perlite? Are you feeding to waste?
How often where you feeding in veg?

Why did the calcium def disappear even though you went back down to 1 ec?

Calcium def and Mag def is an old friend of mine. Back in the day before I knew how to buffer.
I switched to straight perlite once but didnt like the results. Seemed like I did something wrong.
Went back to coco and stuck it out until I got a handle on it.

Wish I knew what happened. I feed to about a half gallon runoff per plant at every feeding. The ladies are fed every other day in early veg, then once daily once the roots have filled the container. Once daily feedings continue to harvest.

Only thing I can think of is maybe my Jack's and calnit were getting old. Purchased 25 lbs. of each in Sept. 17 and was just getting to the end of the bags. Ordered new just before I left and this is what the misses has been feeding.

CoCo_LoCo

Aah who knows if whats at the bottom of the bag is still the same ratio of nutrients?

Must have been very frustrating.

starke

Update Flower Day 28

Update Flower Day 28

Four weeks in and the ladies continue to improve. Buds are stacking nicely and the ladies appear happy. Here are the pics the misses sent this morning:

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
Starke

Latest posts

Latest posts