What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trip to Medellin Colombia in Feb 2013

PoorBoy

I'm planning a trip to Medellin in February. Hoping to find some quality genetics to bring home. Can anyone give me a heads up on the best place to find this once I get there?

Thanks in Advance
PoorBoy

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would really help if you knew someone there. I've been there once about a year ago but I was with friends from Medellin and even though they were not smokers they told me who to talk to. I found a few types of weed, cripy & regular, the regular is traditional Colombian bud and is cheaper. The cripy (which is what I get here) is Colombian grown imported seed and I've had everything from skunk to haze, all very good. However you might want to get the regular for seeds and true landrace genetics (golds, reds, black and purple). The cripy is 99% "sinsemilla" but I have collected a few seeds from it in differnt batches. Your going to love it there reguardless.

Peace from Colombia!

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Red Rider said in another thread that a gringo should go to Cartagena. I would support that decision.

Last edited:

PoorBoy

Thanks for the responses guys. This will actually be my 4th trip to Colombia. I've been to Cartagena once and Bogota twice. I'm looking for landrace strains. Top choices in my wishlist are Santa Marta Gold and Punto Roja. I'm also at high altitude with similiar grow conditions, so it should do well for me here.

I speak spanish (lived in Central America for the last 14 years), also my wife will be with me and she is latina so I'm not the typical gringo tourist. Airfare from here to there is crazy. It's looking like $800 bucks a ticket. I can fly there from Miami for less than half that and Its only a 600 mile trip from where I am now :-( I'm thinking of taking a bus to panama city and then a boat to Cartagena stay there a couple days, bus up to Santa Marta for a couple more days then fly down to Medellin. The price for this is pretty reasonable, just a tradeoff in alot of time spent travelling.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombia

Colombia

I speak spanish (lived in Central America for the last 14 years), also my wife will be with me and she is latina so I'm not the typical gringo tourist. Airfare from here to there is crazy. It's looking like $800 bucks a ticket. I can fly there from Miami for less than half that and Its only a 600 mile trip from where I am now :-( I'm thinking of taking a bus to panama city and then a boat to Cartagena stay there a couple days, bus up to Santa Marta for a couple more days then fly down to Medellin. The price for this is pretty reasonable, just a tradeoff in alot of time spent travelling.

I think your going to have a great time and speaking Spanish is a BIG +. I would just try to score some really good "regular" for seed and a few grams of crippy for smoking. The reg is good for great classic Colombian landrace Sativa that will grow great at your location.

Peace from Colombia!

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I think your going to have a great time and speaking Spanish is a BIG +. I would just try to score some really good "regular" for seed and a few grams of crippy for smoking. The reg is good for great classic Colombian landrace Sativa that will grow great at your location.

Peace from Colombia!

Good point there, landraces from high altitudes may well have a harder time acclimatising to the lower uv levels indoors or at lower altitude.

Also, Cannabiogen/ACE have got some nice strains from there with a lot of good selection work done for you already with Panama and Guawi, also they have just released a Mangobiche limited edition line, check the bay, bou and seed co sites for all they have, I keep on finding new things