What's new

trip hop, electronica, and incidental music thread.

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
My current favorites are:
Massive attack
Mr. bungle
Melt-banana
Ryall
the crystal method
Beck, hes more alternative but who cares?
Theivery corperation

what about you guys?

hmm, heard of a lot of those groups on the radio, never knew this was a "type" of music. i can definitely feel it though.

here's some others i've heard on the radio, which i think would fall into the category:

Chemical Brothers
Soul Coughing
Cardigans
White Town
Space

yeah baby... bringin' back the 90s with style

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
well...Dj Shadow is nice yeah...

i would say LTJ Bukem, Spacer, timo Maas , DJ Food .... :chin: ... :wave:

Last edited:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Might go n see Massive Attack in konzert next week :chin:

The Chem's aren't Trip-Hop though :wink:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whoa, represent for the ltj bukem. dj shadow, ill add amon tobin, dj cam, eric truffaz.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Amon Tobin for president I say :D

I love Sordid :fsu:

I'd have put all of the above in the allready existing electronic music thread though, but that's just me beeing picky :chin:

Diego

Id have to put thievery coorporation at the top of the list. All around chill music. Milo - Destroy Rock and Roll is a really good cd to.

G

i like dj krush, dj shadow, and dj cam as well as the more well known chemical brothers. i've never heard of any of the other ones mentioned though, i gotta check them out sometime

G

WAMEN said:
Amon Tobin for president!!
WORD!

I found a new interesting group called The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble (Planet Mu/ZIQ141CD) which would propably go to this category. You can hear the whole album from bleep.com. Lots of Ninja Tune material ready to listen, I use that site mainly to hear what I'm buying. I bought some mp3's but they suck hairy arse and they don't even work in all players because they are vbr.

Four Ears - Love is faster than light (Pott headz/PHZ208) Mellow triphopish material.

Sending orbs is quite new ambient/idm/electronica label from Netherlands. Absolutely beautiful music. http://www.sendingorbs.com/content/downloads 2 tracks downloadable for your listening pleasure. Also check http://www.sendingorbs.com/content/releases and the microsites to hear clips.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Bassbababa the K.D.E aint that bad. pretty chill has a bit of a dark jazz sound to it.

G

jaykush said:
hey Bassbababa the K.D.E aint that bad. pretty chill has a bit of a dark jazz sound to it.

Now after I listened the complete album all I can say it really is dark. Sometimes the feeling is close to Massive Attack's Mezzanine album. Though I havent heard that in years so I can be wrong. Great release again by Planet Mu!

M3rck records's Ilkae - Bovine rearrangement listening to it now. Sounds happy and great walking music.

tngreen

Veteran
zero 7 will always be my favorite in this cat along with sneaker pimps and thievery corp

G

Postperson dropped a package containing Kettel - My Dogan and Yagya - Will I dream during the process from Sending orbs label. Yagya is deep, dubby but ambient driven "techno", needs a bit more listening to hear all the details so I can't say much about it.

Just finished listening Kettel - My dogan and pushed play straight after it stopped. Melodic, happy idm and full melted ambient compiled into a nice journey. The first track gives me the chills by being so playful, summermusic at it's best.

New records waiting when you wake up topped with wake n' bake, quite nice. :D

G

Just got back from the post office with a healthy package of cd's, the one's I alreadyt have are going to my friends.

Blamstrain - Disfold
Secede - Vega Libre & Vega Libre ep, This is sooo good, back to 1995-96 Orb material
Kettel - My Dogan
Yagya - Will I dream during the process

I think I'll enhance my listening experience with some Original Haze x Skunk#1