What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trim vs bud pricing?!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, recently we have all felt the decline in price per lb in california for the past however many years. This year there seems to be a shortage and prices are actually rising somewhat. But what I want to understand is how we've gotten here. I currently am able to get 250 per unit for my sugar trim. No fans no stems no bs all sugar trim. But wtf man? Im getting 21-23 per unit but I can get 250 for the scraps? I realize that they can use it to make extracts or whatever but does that not seem completely skewed based on current ws prices for bud? Something has to change. Can barely afford to continue at these numbers and trim should never be 10% the cost of a unit. Makes no sense to me.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been seeing this but i still think thats low for pristine indoor. I think if its perfect 3k is fair.

CaptainDankness

Ive been seeing this but i still think thats low for pristine indoor. I think if its perfect 3k is fair.

I'm on the East coast and $3K sounds a bit expensive. I don't even think a single person in the Maine prices thread has said they would pay $3k a pound. Lol

How in the hell is California going to be more expensive than New England? It's all indoor so California ain't really doing it better. Your outdoor might be a little better in CA though, at least y'all can grow more Sativa dominant plants outdoors. Lol

IDK but I think the prices will only go down in the next couple years. Of course electricity is more expensive in California I can only imagine water. Lol

PS. I turn my sugar leaf into hash and it ends up being worth more than $250 a pound of trim, I won't sell my trim, I'd probably buy your trim though. Lol

Last edited:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I am currently getting 600 lb for my trim :biggrin: I don't have time to process it for my needs so on it goes. I take my proceeds from trim to purchase concentrates in bulk for myself. So far it has worked out well :woohoo:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Got 2k for indoor flowers: Dosidos

Last year my outdoor trim. which consist of smalls and nothing but sugar leaves, the fans were plucked before hanging.... Just got 40 per lb for that

The big thing nowadays is whole plant material, minus the fan leaves of course. I got people wanting to buy the whole thing, chop, Freeze and do what ever to make their concentrates!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm on the East coast and $3K sounds a bit expensive. I don't even think a single person in the Maine prices thread has said they would pay $3k a pound. Lol

How in the hell is California going to be more expensive than New England? It's all indoor so California ain't really doing it better. Your outdoor might be a little better in CA though, at least y'all can grow more Sativa dominant plants outdoors. Lol

IDK but I think the prices will only go down in the next couple years. Of course electricity is more expensive in California I can only imagine water. Lol

PS. I turn my sugar leaf into hash and it ends up being worth more than $250 a pound of trim, I won't sell my trim, I'd probably buy your trim though. Lol

Im just saying i think if someone busts out some perfect indoor, in a fair world it would be worth 3. But, life aint fair hahaha

elykdogg

White market trim prices are absolutely retarded, the only affordable trim is garbage, prob be better off buying flower to crank hash

Latest posts

Latest posts