What's new

trim gadgetry... wachoo got?

avant gardener

Veteran
If anybody out there has trimmer that works like human let me know.

you mean one that maybe shows up to work and maybe doesn't? that might be doped up or might not be? one that does a half-assed job, that tells its friends your business, that cherrypicks the colas and throws anything smaller than a walnut in with the trim and that steals shit whenever it can get away with it? and of course, one that's personal hygiene is reprehensible and that may or may not have scabies and lice? i'm sure they've got a crack team of R&D people working on that one right now.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey AG,
I just checked out the lucky 7 and it looks like they addressed some of my concerns with the twister...noise and not cutting close enough. I wonder if they'd let you fire it up before shipping your dough?
DN

you used one or you read an ad? and yeah, if they'd let me take em for a spin, i'd be telling instead of asking. just can't seem to bring myself to shell out that kind of coin for something i haven't had a chance to drive around the block. go figure.

Anyhow AG, I see my input is not welcome here in your discussion, so ill leave it alone in hopes that you get what you want and need from it.

apologies for my sharp tongue.
these scissor bandits have really brought me to the edge of my tolerance. i could have expressed my suspicion that you're involved with the folks who make that gadget in a more civil manner. a thousand pardons for my tone.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Worthwhile upper and tops by hand and everything else through a Trimpro Rotor.

Borrowed a Twister Machine for my last harvest and wasnt impressed. Cut was similar to the Rotor and didnt allow me to monitor the finish as it slowly made its way through the tumlber. Twister might be OK for large scale outdoor, but wasn't very good for 10lb harvest of indoor. Needs continuously fed to keep the buds traveling down the pipe...its loud as hell... and I see no improvement in the look or quality of the finished buds vs. just tossing everything not wanting to do by hand in the Trimpro rotor.

I do the colas by hand - everything else gets the rotor... I'm $1600 out of pocket vs. 14k and nobody is the wiser.

bobblehead

Veteran
It's not that serious... I've stuck my fingers in the blades many times... They're not super sharp. At worst if only the very tip of my finger gets caught in the blade, I might get a cut less deep than a paper-cut. If I stick my whole finger in the blades, which I've done just for funzies, the blade stops w/o breaking the skin. You're just as likely to get your fingers in the blades with fiskars (which I've done and those blades cut deeper) as you are with a bonsai hero.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes those are speakers.
fiskars work fine, and i would suggest that 90% of growers use traditional hand trim methods.... machines are really only for big ops that can justify the costs of them.
that being said, fiskars work just great, and i suggest you get a few pairs just like friend pictured.
im prolly a fiskars rep on here trying to boost sales of trimming scissors!!! lol

LMAO :laughing:

bobblehead

Veteran
I don't recommend using it to trim dry, because then it will demolish your buds. I do a rough trim with the bonsai hero, which really does get most of the leaf off... Then I hang dry my buds, and go back over them with fiskars once the stems snap. This process saves me loads of time. If you're trimming 1lb or more regularly, I would get some bonsai hero scissors. The big machines are for the outdoor guys.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the bottom line. If you truly have integrity for the quality of your product you won't use a machine.
Just find some loyal trimmers and make sure they are properly managed so their work meets your expectations for quality.
It is just not possible to use a trimming machine without sacrificing some quality. Many people grow for $ and thats ok,but the way I see it quality should be your absolute top priority as a grower.

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
I suppose I don't deserve to grow ganja rebel seeds either... So I'll be sure to save my money in the future for someone who doesn't make blanket statements that don't take into account other people's circumstances.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the bottom line. If you truly have integrity for the quality of your product you won't use a machine.
Just find some loyal trimmers and make sure they are properly managed so their work meets your expectations for quality.
It is just not possible to use a trimming machine without sacrificing some quality. Many people grow for $ and thats ok,but the way I see it if quality is not always your absolute top priority as a grower,you don't deserve to grow.

Pretty remarkable how many sweeping generalizations were fit into a single paragraph here. You might consider that other people's reality is just a tad different than your own.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pretty remarkable how many sweeping generalizations were fit into a single paragraph here. You might consider that other people's reality is just a tad different than your own.

I slightly edited my post cause I realize I was being kind of a dick. My bad if I offended anyone. I do stand by most of it though. Trimming machines are just awful and I can't imagine any situation that could cause me to use one.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Thats the beauty of cannabis cultivation.

If anyone is appalled at the quality of the mids and lowers that I run through the rotor to be combined back with quality hand done tops.. they can fuck off and go grow their own... Then nobody will be bothered by their peanut gallery comments as they spend their life trimming dime sized pieces of bud in order not to sacrifice some quality for the sake of resuming life.

Thats the cannabis trade.. purchase it or don't, but the haters can go find another job because nobody cares. That is how markets work.

What the fuck are pot snobs buying weed for anyways? Its a bit hypocritical. I'll gladly off my produce to those who enjoy it, and are thankful for what has been brought to market and made available for their purchase. Self-proclaimed connoisseurs can shove their cash where they pull their comments from... I don't want it.

Buyer - "Yea. Its good, but looks like it was pulled a little early."
Grower - "Sure dude.. whatever you say.. it went about 72 days."

Glad I don't have to deal with ignorant comments like that anymore.. I'll take a few points off and let a broker deal with that noise. Too many high times professionals and the bible experts...

GRS, not talking to you specifically, but rather non growers who think their criticisms are welcome.... A rotor has its place in my garden. It gives me some of my time back..its a tool for a job. Deserving to grow though? Anyone who is buying what someone else has produced and has the audacity to comment/hate rather then just decline to purchase doesn't deserve to smoke it. They can either buy, get fucked, or go grow their own.

Meticulously trimming away frosted leaf is pointless anyways. If buyer's knew what was best they'd just prefer that frosted protection left on there. I'd much rather account for that leaf in fat bags then clip off and expose the inner frosted fruits of our labor to everyone's fingers and bud containers.

avant gardener

Veteran
anyone used the rolling thunder?

i can pick one of these up for roughly the same as what i pay my trimmers for a single grow. that's appealing, but that old truism about things that look too good to be true keeps echoing in my head.

MMAjay420

edward scissorhands would be GREAT to have as a trimmer!! lmao

Let me start by saying, I think trimming machines suck. I wish they did not beat up the bud so much. They need to invent a robot that looks like edward scissorhand and is good as a human. If anybody out there has trimmer that works like human let me know.

Latest posts

Latest posts