What's new

tried to supercrop one of the colas and i snapped it straight in half

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
It should be fine if you matched the two ends up. Like mexi said, Its gonna wilt like a mofo for a couple of days. If it doesn't improve in three or four days,then it probably never will.

OldLurker

should wrap a lil tin foil around the break and try to keep the area it broke clean as possible and it should recover within a few days.

m0ff99

Yo sizzurp,i found if you take a straw and cut it down the length of it you can prettymuch use it as a pot of sorts, like when we break a bone and it needs to set, it also stretches open when the stalk grow thicker.......IMO this is much easier than ties but no less effective. Hope all goes well, they look like healthy girls,you should do well.

PEACE OUT!!

KnuckleHedd

m0ff99...that's a good idea. I'm making a mental note of that one. I snapped one off last winter...first time in my life. I just made a nice clone of it.

m0ff99

m0ff99...that's a good idea. I'm making a mental note of that one. I snapped one off last winter...first time in my life. I just made a nice clone of it.

Thats usually what i do,just use it for a clone but if your trying to save it, it works pretty well. What you got going Knuckle anything exotic??

PEACE OUT!!

Harpo

I wait until they need watering so the stems aren't swollen and stiff. Crush the stem between your thumb and forefinger until it is nice and mushy before bending

To preserve the existing broken bud, put the stem back together and wrap several layers of wet paper toweling around the break. Wrap the wet paper in foil or plastic to keep from drying, then splint. You can drip water on the edges of paper peeking out to keep moist. The wet paper helps get water to the bud until it heals.

Umgawa

sizzurp

an update today guys, bad news the part where i messed up got all crispy and wilted and died so i just took off teh whole grow shoot so now i have 2 colas instead of 3 =( hopefully i didnt cause too much stress to create a hermie

m0ff99

dude if it ends up herm it won't be because of that,you should be safe....hope you get some monster buds to make up for the break....just alot of TLC man and youll get THC back!!!

PEACE OUT!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've grew indoors for a long time....I've never tried super cropping but it has been reccomended that I try it for a strain I'm growing. I usaully like to grow my plants with out topping them.....I love the big colas. I'm gonna give super cropping a go with a few plants I think.....mainly Rez Super Silver Chemdog Haze and Krips Chem x OG......I've heard the Chem x OG does good supercropped so I'm gonna try it I think

T

tensity1

Many ppl think of supercropping as a means of height control, as a way of "topping." It can, and can promote branching, but it should be a thought of as a way of "amping" your plants.

The way most ppl think of it that I've seen in supercropping threads seems like HST--high stress training (made that up), or a "I wasn't paying attention to my plants and I gotta top, but I don't wanna completely cut it!" I know, it happens, and ppl may have different varieties going at once, etc. If you gotta control the height of a plant and it's not so late in the game that its stalk is still pliable, LST it, bend it over. Then again, late in flowering, it may not put on much more weight, so it won't matter, or you have no choice and have to have it bend over severely. If possible, try not to snap over the plant for height control.

Back to my point: supercropping should be seen as a way to build up the stalks and stems, to turn the nutrient and food transport dirt lanes into 10 lane superhighways. Start as seedlings (the gentlest crush at this point, no twisting), then every week or two, as the plant recovers, grab and gently twist along the stem/branch axis until the hurd pops, every inch or so up the main stalk and on stems you plan on keeping. You're just snapping the hurd--no more--you're not trying to lay it over or split the stem. Be sure to get the new growth and older snapped growth if it'll allow you. Depending on strain, try not to go more than two weeks into flowering or your last pruning at most, if that, because each time doing this sets your plant back a few days or more and diverts resources into rebuilding the stalk. Don't stress the flowering.

By doing this, your main stalks will go from drinking straw size to broomstick size (of course, approximations, depending on plants and growing style, but you get the idea). The plant will take longer to mature, and be shorter overall, but you will have some nice buds.

So, though LST, supercropping, and topping are similar and interchangeable in some of their effects, it's best to think of using LST for height control and light penetration, and supercropping for stem/branch girth development for stout plants.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Supercropping is a great technique to get your plants a nice bushy structure.
But for stoners like myself (the clumsy ones), I just LST its safer but takes more Patience!

Anyways hope all goes well.

m0ff99

I've grew indoors for a long time....I've never tried super cropping but it has been reccomended that I try it for a strain I'm growing. I usaully like to grow my plants with out topping them.....I love the big colas. I'm gonna give super cropping a go with a few plants I think.....mainly Rez Super Silver Chemdog Haze and Krips Chem x OG......I've heard the Chem x OG does good supercropped so I'm gonna try it I think

Yo kindbud,if you've not supercropped before(which i haven't either), i wouldn't go all in with it first go, try it on just one plant to start with as you can go wrong trying a new technique out for the first time as you prob know.........let us all know how it turns out for you,the chemdog strains are on my wish list for later this year,theres been alot of awesome results from their strains posted on here.....

PEACE OUT!!:joint: