What's new

Tried organic hydro before and all i got was a bunch of foam bubbles and root rot

Kanye WeED

Ok last time i tried to do a organic hydro grow it was in a 10 gallon bubble bucket, with earth juice

i did as the directions said but maybe if i would have used less it would have been a lil better

it foamed up like a mad dog, and the roots looked like they were being suffocated or something, a quick water change helped, but it was bac to the GH nutes for sure

id like to use the EJ that i have and maybe throw some bud swell in there with it but im not sure when the expiration date is it dont have 1 on there, hopefully it dont ever expire

is a bubble bucket possible to do a organic grow in?

MobbDeep

consider a coco coir organic grow..coco coir is a hydro medium..which means you still get hydro results,with the ease of soil..you can DEF grow a good organic hydro grow with coco coir!

You can go organic in a bubble bucket that's what Bio Buckets are.

Running with what MobbDeep suggested, hybrid organic hydro systems involving coco coir are fast becoming popular. The OBBT method uses coir along with an aquarium bubbler to support a soil-based microherd that does all the micromanagement for you. Its being discussed here in this section of the forums quite a bit these days. It gets you hydro-esque growth rates with ease of use that is amazingly good. Lady Largely just finished a blisteringly fast veg while only adding water to her resivoirs twice over 31 days. No nutes added or anything.

It is very flexible and is based on organic teas. Your organic hydro attempt failed. That foaming and frothing you saw was part of the composting process. You where trying to use uncomposted organics in a bubbler bucket. That doesn't work. You either have to use pre-composted organics like Pure Vida (which is what the famous Mr. Wags does) or you need to compost your organic nutes as a tea before adding it to your plants.

OBBTs give you an optional third route. The microbes that live in the medium will do all the composting for you, breaking down and simplifying organic substances as needed. These beneficial microbes will also fight off pathogens, stabilize the pH and generally take care of a lot of things that a normal gardener spends much time worrying about.

All in all, it sounds like you need to do more reading into the organic hydro process and understand more about the composting of organic nutrients. This is what a lot of gardeners do not get. You can't treat organic ferts like salt ferts, it just doesn't work that way. The OBBTs are one of the most user-friendly methods of applying organics correctly, its worth reading up on anyway.

Kanye WeED

consider a coco coir organic grow..coco coir is a hydro medium..which means you still get hydro results,with the ease of soil..you can DEF grow a good organic hydro grow with coco coir!

wow, u really like pushing the coco coir mobb deep huh, id love to give her a try but as i asked u before dont i have to have special coco nutes, no thanks i already got TONS of nutes i bought as a newbie thinking i would need all of them well i will but im stock piled on nutes for the next 2 years, and i refuse to buy any more so if i cant use my nutes in co co coir im going hydro, fo sho

thank u tho!!!

Kanye WeED

You can go organic in a bubble bucket that's what Bio Buckets are.

Running with what MobbDeep suggested, hybrid organic hydro systems involving coco coir are fast becoming popular. The OBBT method uses coir along with an aquarium bubbler to support a soil-based microherd that does all the micromanagement for you. Its being discussed here in this section of the forums quite a bit these days. It gets you hydro-esque growth rates with ease of use that is amazingly good. Lady Largely just finished a blisteringly fast veg while only adding water to her resivoirs twice over 31 days. No nutes added or anything.

It is very flexible and is based on organic teas. Your organic hydro attempt failed. That foaming and frothing you saw was part of the composting process. You where trying to use uncomposted organics in a bubbler bucket. That doesn't work. You either have to use pre-composted organics like Pure Vida (which is what the famous Mr. Wags does) or you need to compost your organic nutes as a tea before adding it to your plants.

OBBTs give you an optional third route. The microbes that live in the medium will do all the composting for you, breaking down and simplifying organic substances as needed. These beneficial microbes will also fight off pathogens, stabilize the pH and generally take care of a lot of things that a normal gardener spends much time worrying about.

All in all, it sounds like you need to do more reading into the organic hydro process and understand more about the composting of organic nutrients. This is what a lot of gardeners do not get. You can't treat organic ferts like salt ferts, it just doesn't work that way. The OBBTs are one of the most user-friendly methods of applying organics correctly, its worth reading up on anyway.

thanks man, nice read very insightful. but for right now im doing to much to research into something im gonna wait til i get my sog method fully dialed in im trying to tackle to many issues at once

right now im trying to diy a drip system, trying to find a set up that best fits my grow, trying to re clone and replace some of my mother plants while still being able to have enough clones to keep up with my sog, and ect more than that i just started and added hopefully 4 or 5 more mother plants to my grow different strains of course.

having said that i would love to go all organic seeing as my soil is all organic but i gotta get more dialed into brewing and composting teas, i didnt think compost teas could be stored

i mean i can brew my ass of but doing it for a week in a bubble bucket is a different story i thought a tea was only good for like 24 hrs, but im sure thats explained much more in depth in the research i need to do

lol

thanks for the help guys

i just wanna use like a organic nute like pure blend or hopefully earth juice in my bubble buckets wqithout the foam and be organic is that not possible??

MobbDeep

kanyeweed +rep..it seems whever i run into you,i push the coco coir huh??lol..but yes..it really is a great medium..and WITHOUT A DOUBT you can use any of the nutes you already have..whoever said you HAVE to use coco specific nutes is VERY mistaken..pelase consider it man..ive smoked organic coco grown blueberry,and the taste was SOOOO good..you can eitehr amend it,or just use teas or other organic nutrients..and if you add any beneficails,you can reuse the coco coir..forget about soil OR bubble buckets..especially if you want organic hydro..IMHO "pure" hydro like bubble buckets are best used with mineral nutes for best results..while a soilles medium is best for organic grows..you can also try lc's soilles mix..

nope, you gotta compost that stuff first. That's why everyone is going apeshit for the Pure Vida organics. Its the only pre-composted bottled hydro nutes out there. Everything else, no matter what the manufacturer says, must be composted before use.

Teas will actually keep for a while. Just keep bubbling air through them and feed them a little molasses. The beneficial bacteria in teas feed on pure carbohydrates, so some liquid sugar like molasses or real honey is all they need to live. I wouldn't keep a tea for much more than 2 weeks, but thats usually enough to work with.

Good luck and happy gardening!

-DM

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
i did as the directions said but maybe if i would have used less it would have been a lil better

Ahhhh so - you have found the path to greater bounty.

I'm not the strongest source about hydro or organic - I have a grow running with PBP and some additional supliments - - it's my first but won't be my last.

Most my plants like 1/2 strength - it's usually a good place to start - and if it's young plants - 10-15%

And what you have for water can make a HUGE difference - if somebody accros the country says a bizillion PPM's - that may not be the numbers your plants will like.

Wana know a secret? If ya go 1/2 strength (On a plant thats ready) - and ya get any signs of burning or excess,, - you just saved your self a couple months of sick and dying plants the full dose probably would have done - - so yes - start light - it's easy to increase tomorrow - backing up sucks.

oh the link:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=122314

Kanye WeED

kanyeweed +rep..it seems whever i run into you,i push the coco coir huh??lol..but yes..it really is a great medium..and WITHOUT A DOUBT you can use any of the nutes you already have..whoever said you HAVE to use coco specific nutes is VERY mistaken..pelase consider it man..ive smoked organic coco grown blueberry,and the taste was SOOOO good..you can eitehr amend it,or just use teas or other organic nutrients..and if you add any beneficails,you can reuse the coco coir..forget about soil OR bubble buckets..especially if you want organic hydro..IMHO "pure" hydro like bubble buckets are best used with mineral nutes for best results..while a soilles medium is best for organic grows..you can also try lc's soilles mix..

thanks man, i might try a 1 plant grow soon in it just for u lol, if u like it tht much im sure it cant be that bad, but im sure u understand that what works for 1 person may not work for the next!

i asked for some coco coir at my hydro shop but they aint have none tho!!!

i swear i seen some at like lowes or walmart or something, lol

thanks ill try a 1 plant grow and see how it works

thanks man!!

Kanye WeED

nope, you gotta compost that stuff first. That's why everyone is going apeshit for the Pure Vida organics. Its the only pre-composted bottled hydro nutes out there. Everything else, no matter what the manufacturer says, must be composted before use.

Teas will actually keep for a while. Just keep bubbling air through them and feed them a little molasses. The beneficial bacteria in teas feed on pure carbohydrates, so some liquid sugar like molasses or real honey is all they need to live. I wouldn't keep a tea for much more than 2 weeks, but thats usually enough to work with.

Good luck and happy gardening!

-DM

u may be onto something there my friend hmm i did hear that somewhere that if u add molasses or someother form of sugar that will keep ur tea alive thats a very good idea, how ever if my grow room was hot would the tea start foaming real bad and cause me problems?

i would think it would, but i mean so what as long as im all organic and my plants are happy

i just dont wanna cause root rot ya know

but this is a very good idea

just add more molasses y didnt i think of that, now theres only that damn foam prob

so with the product u said that everyone loves is that all organic just 1 part nute for flowering, if soo thats awesome and i may switch to it

has there been any seen results?

Kanye WeED

Ahhhh so - you have found the path to greater bounty.

I'm not the strongest source about hydro or organic - I have a grow running with PBP and some additional supliments - - it's my first but won't be my last.

Most my plants like 1/2 strength - it's usually a good place to start - and if it's young plants - 10-15%

And what you have for water can make a HUGE difference - if somebody accros the country says a bizillion PPM's - that may not be the numbers your plants will like.

Wana know a secret? If ya go 1/2 strength (On a plant thats ready) - and ya get any signs of burning or excess,, - you just saved your self a couple months of sick and dying plants the full dose probably would have done - - so yes - start light - it's easy to increase tomorrow - backing up sucks.

oh the link:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=122314

hey thanks man, yea im glad i didnt have to bac up i just had to basically do a water change

lol, def good to start half strenght my friend especially ur first expierence with a new product, again thanks for the link.

hope ur grow goes better than planned.

u are organic hydro right

what is pbp never herd of it, and its all natural )organic(

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
PBP is short for Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Nutes

Cal-Mag, Veg and flower; 3 bottles gets ya started. With MY tap water (See above) Ph holds well and system runs quite nicely for a wide range of strains

Good tools are important too - pH tester, TDS meter and a couple good thermometers -- Information can help spot troubles early.

Kanye WeED

yea ive got a great ph tester, its a oakton ph300 i believe cost me like 150 bucks, and i also got a tds meter and therm and all that

i hardly ever use my tds meter other than just checking my tap water and thats hardly ever.

thngs seem to like how ive run my set up thus far so y change

what type of indica is that pic of looks to be maybe super lemon haze cant really tell

that pbp sounds like it might be worth looking into, i just want something i can put in the resevoir let it bubble and forget about it ya know

i dont wanna brew nothing unless its for my soil plants!!

osirica420

PBP is nice for dwc but not 100% og, i use a tiny bit liquid guano and mostly extracted sea minerals and it works perfect, does not smell or create a massive amount of foam and the buds come out very tasty..

should take a look at organa guano its very clean does not smell and only a small amount is needed when using a sea mineral extract as main food (thalassa mix or seaagri.com)

u may be onto something there my friend hmm i did hear that somewhere that if u add molasses or someother form of sugar that will keep ur tea alive thats a very good idea, how ever if my grow room was hot would the tea start foaming real bad and cause me problems?

i would think it would, but i mean so what as long as im all organic and my plants are happy

i just dont wanna cause root rot ya know

but this is a very good idea

just add more molasses y didnt i think of that, now theres only that damn foam prob

so with the product u said that everyone loves is that all organic just 1 part nute for flowering, if soo thats awesome and i may switch to it

has there been any seen results?

The foaming is just part of making teas. They have to foam up. That foaming process is what happens when the bacteria move in. They start to 'push out' parts of the tea that they don't like. These parts are always useless anyway and will not help the plants. As a tea foams up you should be removing the foam. Eventually, the foam stops and you have a 'finished' tea.

High temps are bad for tea and will shorten its shelf-life, but you should still be able to keep some for a week or so if you feed it some nice raw liquid sugar.

As far as if there have been any results from the Pure Vida, well, uhhh...

210210_31IMG_0015-med.JPG

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=13810

The esteemed Mr Wags has run a number of bio bucket grows based on Pure Plend Pro and Liquid Karma which are also pre-digested organic nutes just like Pure Vida.

The crazy fucker cracked 1.3 grams per watt using only a single 1000 watt HPS on a light mover.

If you are looking to stick with more traditional hydro techniques but still go organic than this is the way to go. Pre-digested organic nutes run and handle just like salt-based hydro nutes. There is no new shit to learn. Unless you wanna research and make a game-changing stratagy swap like going with OBBTs then I would say this is how it should be done.

Good luck buddy!

Kanye WeED

PBP is nice for dwc but not 100% og, i use a tiny bit liquid guano and mostly extracted sea minerals and it works perfect, does not smell or create a massive amount of foam and the buds come out very tasty..

should take a look at organa guano its very clean does not smell and only a small amount is needed when using a sea mineral extract as main food (thalassa mix or seaagri.com)

THANKS MAN, BUT IM GONNA USE UP ALL MY gh PRODUCTS And maybe do a lil research along the way of me using them into the organics.

but from what ive read it seems a bit complex unless u are using the nutes that u guys are mentioning, the manufactures dont help either lieing saying u aint gotta bubble the shit

The last mix i made here recently had sugar daddy, GH grow, bloom, and micro- grow.

i think i added a bit much sugar daddy and it foamed like a lil bit, but it wasnt a organic attempt at all so i cant imagine if i did go organic damn!!!

i def wanna try my hands at a all organic grow tho

thanks!!

Kanye WeED

The foaming is just part of making teas. They have to foam up. That foaming process is what happens when the bacteria move in. They start to 'push out' parts of the tea that they don't like. These parts are always useless anyway and will not help the plants. As a tea foams up you should be removing the foam. Eventually, the foam stops and you have a 'finished' tea.

High temps are bad for tea and will shorten its shelf-life, but you should still be able to keep some for a week or so if you feed it some nice raw liquid sugar.

As far as if there have been any results from the Pure Vida, well, uhhh...

210210_31IMG_0015-med.JPG

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=13810

The esteemed Mr Wags has run a number of bio bucket grows based on Pure Plend Pro and Liquid Karma which are also pre-digested organic nutes just like Pure Vida.

The crazy fucker cracked 1.3 grams per watt using only a single 1000 watt HPS on a light mover.

If you are looking to stick with more traditional hydro techniques but still go organic than this is the way to go. Pre-digested organic nutes run and handle just like salt-based hydro nutes. There is no new shit to learn. Unless you wanna research and make a game-changing stratagy swap like going with OBBTs then I would say this is how it should be done.

Good luck buddy!

that pic of the plant is sic, is that u, what strain is it?

what is obbt again?

u made me a believer, so yeah ill be looking into predigested organic nutes u say?

i just need something organic i can add just like i do the GH products, that dont bubble up and will last around a week cause i change my water every week, so i dint think thats to much to ask

so throw some names at me and lets see what happens

i bet that shits expensive, lol

i dont care its worth it

be nice if i didnt have to worry about ph too!

thanks

Kanye WeED

just got some coco coir this weekend im on my way

i did what u asked now u gotta walk me threw it please, lol!!

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Just remember when you're testing your PPMs and PH with organic nutrients that not all of them show up on testers. so if you find yourself having to add A LOT of nutes to get the PPMs up, chances are they're already at least 1 1/2- 2x what the meter is reading. I've made that mistake before in an ebb and grow system before the guy at the hydro store told me that the organic nutes won't all register properly.

Kanye WeED

Just remember when you're testing your PPMs and PH with organic nutrients that not all of them show up on testers. so if you find yourself having to add A LOT of nutes to get the PPMs up, chances are they're already at least 1 1/2- 2x what the meter is reading. I've made that mistake before in an ebb and grow system before the guy at the hydro store told me that the organic nutes won't all register properly.

thanks, i never worry about my ppm thus far tho, and i havent had any trouble but ive never grew with coir either tho so thanks for the heads up

i was thinking about starting to us ro/di water also thatll help alot with ppm im sure

thanks!!!