What's new

tried growing with a partner, got robbed within 2 months...

whodair

Veteran
was setting up a grow with a friend i've known over ten years...equipment got ripped off before the plants went in...im out over $3000...

other than that its been a decent year so far !!!

im goin solo again fellas, been at alone it since '92...this partnership started in november and ended today !! can you sense my sadness ?? my outrage ?? three thousand is a cheap lesson in this game, and im thinking how much worse it could have been ...

keep it safe playas !!

picture.php

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
Super shitty :(

I had a sorta similar type thing, fuck I hate learning expensive lessons.

My first partner (friend of >10 yrs) fucked up and harvested my 5kw op 3 weeks and 5 weeks early (delayed start for 2k) because a helicopter freaked him out one night.

then he kept the 3 week early nugs that looked halfway decent and got rid of them without me knowing, leaving me some bullshit stems on the rest and about 10k down the drain.

a few years later he wants to set up a lil something for himself, asks if he can borrow a couple 1000w. Everything is fine n dandy, then come harvest time he gets "raided" but didn't spend a single night in jail, and now I have fuckall info on where he or my gear is.

so no matter how much I WANT to partner up with somebody, I keep thinking about a friendship that lasted over a decade but then crapped out within months of being 'partners'.

Never again...

partners fucking suck.

whodair

Veteran
zen master thank you for sharing your similar fate...this friend has been growing since 99, but not very well...so i was going to help his grow game, and he provided the secure location, well he was supposed to anyway !!

i was dreading him touching my plants, but we never got that far along !!

U

UBER21

Growing with a partner is a very difficult thing to do alot can go wrong miss feeds, vacation, loose lips, power outtage while there at work, diff in opinions, over feed or watered, doesn't keep area clean and pest free etc......and the outcome is loosing priceless genetics, equip and most of all a good friend !!!

zenoonez

Veteran
Your friend of 10 years jacked your shit? I hate snitches but something like that would make me think twice about sending someone an anonymous letter....

T

Tarus Bulbar

Sorry to hear about losing a trusted friend!! It is hard to lose friends in such a manner!!
Same shit happened to me 4yrs ago when a grow partner decided I was no longer welcome
at the grow anymore!? Only a week away from harvest when ALL equipment n money invested was my own!!
Sure am glad his daughter was super cool and allowed me in when he wasnt
around one day!!
Got my plants n equipment and have been solo ever since!
Goodluck bro

whodair

Veteran
well evidently my friend had a previous partner, and this previous partner still felt he was owed something, and he may have come by and deducted this debt from my grow equipment...anyway security is breached, that location is hot, and i'm outta there !!

freedom isnt free !!

zenoonez

Veteran
well evidently my friend had a previous partner, and this previous partner still felt he was owed something, and he may have come by and deducted this debt from my grow equipment...anyway security is breached, that location is hot, and i'm outta there !!

freedom isnt free !!

True that brother. I think your friend owes you some serious green...

whodair

Veteran
i gave him january rent, and i'm out on the 2nd...so lets start there !! ive got a few other appliances to grab too, but ive basically written it all off !!

zenoonez

Veteran
Jesus thats a hell of a loss not to try to recoup. How did they find out about the new location?

whodair

Veteran
dont get me wrong i could use my 3g plus back, i left my full time job in oct, threw some money at this in nov, and now i'll get nothing in return !!!

inside job, no forced entry, and only grow equip was stolen, no civilian tools were taken, etc

so his former partner has beef that i was unaware of...and he didnt have 90 days to wait around and steal $50,000 worth of sour i guess !!

whodair

Veteran
Lots of Love and Light to you.
Being a loner is underrated :D

thank you trichy !! i read almost every "partner" thread on IC a few months ago, so i knew where this was headed...just didnt think it would unravel so fast !!

tomorrow im gonna plan my next move, solo of course !!

ddrew

Veteran
Sorry to hear about this.
I thought you knew better then to try something like that.
Live and learn

One Love 731

Veteran
Walk away, change your phone number and speak of this no more. If ya go after him he'll run his mouth to everybody thinking he's protecting his rep. If ya say and do nothing, he probably wont want anybody to know either. I could ramble on for pages about "friends" screwing me over but wont waste time doing so. Karma is a funny thing and life is great. Sorry about your loss. Ive met some of the best people on earth right here on ICMag, I am so thankful for this wonderful forum, thanks to all who make it the best Canna forum on the net. Peace, pot and karma. One Love:ying:

2011 can be the best year of our lives.