What's new

Trichome Macro Photography 3

weedidas

My 3rd time taking photos of trichomes, getting closer everytime lol. Here are the 10 best out of the 60 that I kept out of the 250 pics that I took a while ago. I want a true macro lens now lol. Will probably take some more soon. Most are a sativa type strain.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

100% crop.
picture.php

An old bud, all amber on the inside.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Started playing with lighting and background more. Really like how the trichomes are reflecting it.
picture.php

picture.php

l33t

Veteran
hi weedidas

That is some very nice work!

can you tell me a bit about your setup?

Mud Man

Sumthink Stinks
Veteran
true master - you have the skills,,,

what lens / camera you got... Share the love???/

i love your pics.,,, got one as my desktop!

weedidas

Hey thanks, my setup is just something I came up, Nikon d40, reversed 18-55mm lens, tripod, homemde 4" extension tube, homemade macro filter, homemade reverse ring, tinfoil attached to flash for macro lighting, shiny book for red background. A LOT of playing around. lol

I tried a 1ft long tube but it's to impractical.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Wow dude nice shots, youve got amazing potential... I cant wait to see you get that macro lens.. Have you tried using a slave/ mounted light rather then a flash..

weedidas

Wow dude nice shots, youve got amazing potential... I cant wait to see you get that macro lens.. Have you tried using a slave/ mounted light rather then a flash..

Nope, on camera flash works fine but is still limited with lighting angles, but when I used a longer tube I do something really complicated and time consuming; use a light to see where I'm focusing, shut it off, trigger the shutter at 1/2 sec remotely, hold a hotshoe above the bud, flash it, turn the light back on and start over. I really should just get a sync cord for the flash, would be way faster and allow more options with lighting.

:yoinks: Fuck I wish my camera had an interchangeable lens.
Do you know the names of the strains pictured? Pretty sure #7 is my favorite:yummy:.

D

danimal7

incredible !! you're the man
I guess you gotta get pretty close with that 55m, have you used anything bigger?would it be easier if you didnt have to get so close or is that where you want to be to get those beautiful shots of yours
I'm looking for a macro lens for my cannon rebel 10mp ,but i dont want to have to be right on top of the subject ,I was thinking 105m or around that size

peace
D

G

guest5703

Nice shots bro! Could you give us a link, or tell us you made all those parts for a macro lens, I'd love to get shots like these!

Masterlow

wow, what lense you using there? i see you said you wanting a true macro, those look pretty close to 1:1 mag to me. awesome job

Peace