What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

traveling with pot

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
For small amounts, I just grind it and fill some 00 gel capsules. Fill a pill bottle with those and stick them in with your toiletries. They just look like some herbal supplement.

troutman

Seed Whore
Don't try moving this much in your baggage. :laughing:

TSA finds 81 pounds of pot in checked luggage

140502171010-marijuana-tsa-suitcases-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Travel by air with the wife for vacation , just to be safe I bring oil carts,just throw them in the wifes make up pouch.
Mixes right in with all those little eyeliner,mascara thingys....been working for years without any problems.
Plus we can sit topside a cruise ship poolside with a cocktail and puff away with nobody being the wiser.

TahoeTops

If you depart out of Oakland, they don't care one bit what you carry, as long as it looks under 8 ounces!

TahoeTops

I have had my suitcases rummaged through by the TSA every time, including when I am flying first class. They are less concerned with carry-on, as long as no electronics.

The airlines know who you are, why try to move weight in checked luggage?

I usually only take a carry-on. Because from the gate, I go straight outside to a vehicle. I don't pass through the "waiting for my bag" zone. I usually see the dogs over there. Also a bag on your shoulder is much higher up than the dog.

TahoeTops

i have a friend who travels all the time and this is exactly what he told me
the tsa are looking for weapons and arent interested in small amounts of drugs, especially weed

i will totally be bringing a bunch of candies too, like flylowgethigh said; i plan on bringing a food bag with some treats tucking in with a sandwich and chips

i agree with amynamous that the scanners are very sensitive and they would see anything i tried to secret on my person
even if they arent looks for drugs, they might not like me trying to sneak shit through the checkpoint

the next best thing is to put it on the tray with my other personal items in a bag of food

thanks again for all the helpful ideas and i appreciate everyone who has chimed in to help!

I have to comment... I've had some interesting interactions over the years due to the new scanner. you know the one where you stand with your hands in the air and it moves around you...

That thing picks up variations in heat. It is weird when it comes to humid/damp clothing. I've been sent to secondary numerous times for the pat down! You may also opt to skip that machine and go straight for the pat down!

My opinion is NEVER try and sneak anything through that thing!

You are better of putting it right out in the open(obviously in something) on one of their trays or just leave it in your carry on. Just remember, they are not looking for weed in CA.

But then there is TSA pre-check. You usually are only walking through the old style metal detectors. Leaving electronics inside carry on. So a jar that has a metal lid isn't an issue. But random checks happen. FYI

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im planning a trip out of state and was wondering if it would be worth it to try and bring my own weed with me
i live in california and will be visiting the state of texas, traveling by air
im am getting mixed signals from friends of mine who travel frequently
/everything from there is nothing to worry about to they are going to throw your ass in jail
i plan on bringing a modest amount, say 15-20g or so
any input or experience is appreciated!

Texas is harsh!! Mail it to your hotel or to friends, but don't travel to TX with it. Too risky.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
About weed and Texas there is something I can´t forget. Once I saw a documention movie about Drugs. There was a black guy in Jail, lifelong after the 3 strikes rule. For 2 or 3 ounces of weed and we was not a real bad man, he was nice and only did little crimes. He was in a prison in north Texas, 100 miles away from Colorado, where nothing had happened to him.

Lifelong for weed at last. Very sad.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About weed and Texas there is something I can´t forget. Once I saw a documention movie about Drugs. There was a black guy in Jail, lifelong after the 3 strikes rule. For 2 or 3 ounces of weed and we was not a real bad man, he was nice and only did little crimes. He was in a prison in north Texas, 100 miles away from Colorado, where nothing had happened to him.

Lifelong for weed at last. Very sad.

'Tis true. A former neighbor got caught for a vape pen while driving to visit elders in Dallas area. Had to get NORML to assist not being in jail, rather a hefty fine.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
In 1996 a guy, that I was knowing, wanted to visit the olympic games in Atlanta. He had a little bit weed or hash in his jacket. The customs dog was sniffing it in a second. He said I´ve got a dog at home, maybe that was the reason for the dog? He should get out of the room and than come back in. The dog barked again. Than the customs found the cannabis. He had to take the next plane to Germany and it´s lifelong forbidden to come back to the USA.

St. Phatty

my record is 5 ounces, carried on my person, while I was wearing a ski parka.

On an airplane from the Bay Area to San Diego.

I wonder how skunky it smelled.

Travelling before 9-11 was a lot more fun. :dancer:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im planning a trip out of state and was wondering if it would be worth it to try and bring my own weed with me
i live in california and will be visiting the state of texas, traveling by air
im am getting mixed signals from friends of mine who travel frequently
/everything from there is nothing to worry about to they are going to throw your ass in jail
i plan on bringing a modest amount, say 15-20g or so
any input or experience is appreciated!
I have travelled by plane with weed twice. Once to New York and once back to WI from CO.

the trip to NY was a week long stay in Manhattan for a conference. I took an eighth and sealed it up tightly and slipped it into my body wash container. This was post 9/11 but pre "No liquids over 4 oz." BS. Had zero problems.

Second trip was much more recently. I brought back 12 vape carts, 3 grams of Kif and no flower in my carry on luggage. TSA didn't even blink.

Any other trip I've taken by air I've shipped it to myself to the hotel I was staying at. I also got into the habit of shipping my clothes to and from. Saves a ton of time and hassle at the airports (plus it's easier to hide your weed). And FedEx/UPS really don't lose packages anymore with tracking.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
That thing picks up variations in heat. It is weird when it comes to humid/damp clothing. I've been sent to secondary numerous times for the pat down! You may also opt to skip that machine and go straight for the pat down!

My opinion is NEVER try and sneak anything through that thing!

Fix a few "sliders". Those little hamburgers. Wrap each burger up in plastic. Put weed in a bag compress it to a beef patty shape and put between buns. Throw it in with the other burgers and it looks like the others. We used to do that going into events in DC 15 or so years ago.

Put that in a backpack with other snacks and when you go through the scanner thing bust a big long fart. Really put your all into it. Give them some extra heat signal to look at. :tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Fix a few "sliders". Those little hamburgers. Wrap each burger up in plastic. Put weed in a bag compress it to a beef patty shape and put between buns. Throw it in with the other burgers and it looks like the others. We used to do that going into events in DC 15 or so years ago.

Put that in a backpack with other snacks and when you go through the scanner thing bust a big long fart. Really put your all into it. Give them some extra heat signal to look at. :tiphat:
ROTFL We use to go into concerts with a wine skin under our arm pits during the '80s. We are talking airports here dude 2020. I was originally from Mtl, resided in NS. Now I am a permanent resident in NS, I would have no problem getting weed in Mtl, if I had too but, I grow my own and, WTF we are legal here :)