What's new

Traveling to Jamaica...anyone have suggestions. Locals welcome!!!

Back in 85 or so my sister went for the Sun Splash festival. She decided to go native.Ended up being robbed at gun point.

She went to report it and then had some more fun.The cops put her in a car and drove her about a half hour away to some shack.They pulled out some kid and asked her if this was the guy.She told them no, but they were having none of that.The kid was brutally beaten in front of her than arrested.

Needless to say,she stayed within a "safe" range of the hotel for the rest of her trip.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Y.S Falls in St Elizabeth Beautiful series of waterfalls just off the Black River, lined with plenty of picnic areas for pleasant afternoon lunches and swimming...one of many small gems in JA..I miss Jamaica so much..I would go every year while i was in high school LOl what better place to go while in HS...my mom bought into some land and we would stay at this beautiful chalet style cottage in the west end of NEGRIL and we would travel all over by bike and taxi...I miss it so much,,plan to go back very soon

peace
Chefboy

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Nice....this chalet type cottage u mention is it right around the corner from a church near to the hi lo shoppin center? Lol

Versailles

For sure it's not a place for one who have a weakheart :D.I remember how fast they are driving when you leave Montego to join Negril...
As a reggae lover , I went near the hotels at night, but i really prefer the backcountry with rasta elders.
Hills are very nice and you should be protected by the almighty if you make your heart clean...
Towns are dangerous (not only at night), go search a little rasta guesthouse, you won't regret it!!
Rastas have an incredible cannabis knowledge and they gonna share it with you if take the time, it's a real part of their culture.

G_Starr

hiya ppl
ive just come back from a fortnight in jamaica and i was talkin to a rastaman who gave me some grabba to smoke with my ganja, i was asking him for seeds and he was saying that he propagates it by using the plants suckers/cuttings as they root really easily in that climate and conditions. what i didnt remember to ask him is what sort/variety of tobacco it was and how i might grow something similar when i get home,

does anyone have any knowledge about what type is similar to grabba or any usefull info ?

many thanks