What's new

Traveling the backwoods of Maine

jgrow

I am indeed indigenous to Maine. I know two types of growers, oldtimer who grows some purple swag/junk that he doesn't trim, he doesn't sell quantity and he limits you on what you can pick up for personal consumption so that his outdoor harvest lasts all year.

And a young gun who thinks he grows the holy grail, in reality its sub par with an occasional crop that has some taste to it. He doesn't sell quantity either and is really expensive.

I was getting some stuff that was mailed in from most likely cali. Came in food saver bags with the label kush on it. It did have an amazing taste to it, decently potent but nothing to really rave about but was catching 340 an oz and there wasn't much available.

There's serious potential in my area but due to things beyond my control I cant get involved to much.

Burt

Veteran
i knew wook crews up there 17+ yrs ago growing original sensi stock
early pearl was absolutely killer and the kief...woah
but your right on with the 1st type of grower for sure-this type could really do wonders with good genes like the wooks kept to themselves
its just too wet of a state with too many angry, close minded types-tis a shame but thats what VT and Mass are for-culture is just a few hours away-portland can suffice

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Maine is where its at. Whether your catching lobsters, Riding the snowmobile and atv trails or just growing massive amounts of pot Maine is the place to be. I love when you pass into Maine on i95 it reads "Maine the way life should be" ive been tempted to edit the "go maine" sign to "grow maine" lol

If u havnt been you need to come check it out. bottom line.

Lubec point is really nice out by Machias, Down East is absolutely gorgeous and a must see. Acadia National park fucking awesome!! i could go on all day.. but thats more down east rather then backwoods

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn maine sounds sick...the bay area sucks. just to find a nice park to walk my dog i gotta drive like 5-10 minutes, and the park might have some gangs smokin/drinkin in there.

back country snow boarding trails haha forget it....gotta drive three hours north to do that! same with skiin/snowboarding.

i need to move to the country....the city sucks!!!

E

emerald city

Maine is where its at. Whether your catching lobsters, Riding the snowmobile and atv trails or just growing massive amounts of pot Maine is the place to be. I love when you pass into Maine on i95 it reads "Maine the way life should be" ive been tempted to edit the "go maine" sign to "grow maine" lol

If u havnt been you need to come check it out. bottom line.

Lubec point is really nice out by Machias, Down East is absolutely gorgeous and a must see. Acadia National park fucking awesome!! i could go on all day.. but thats more down east rather then backwoods
Were out here in the western mountains of Maine.From the Sebago lakes region straight up through the rangley lakes region.Besides the coast that aero speaks of, these lakes are the reason Maine is called vacation land.The remote beauty of our state brings folks from around the world who want to explore the wilderness..
Im located within 10 minute drive of over 10 lakes/ponds rivers..within 1 hour of 2 ski mountains,major snowmobile trails pass through town...We see wild animals in the back yard and are able to keep a small pack of dogs with out tieing them up.Oh and we havent lost our power since the icestorm of 98..
Only place id rather be is in hawaii and ill never be a local there.
Long as you respect your neighbor,they'll do the same..Its a nice peacefull life...The way life should be...:ying:

Burt

Veteran
"Im located within 10 minute drive of over 10 lakes/ponds rivers..within 1 hour of 2 ski mountains,major snowmobile trails pass through town...We see wild animals in the back yard and are able to keep a small pack of dogs with out tieing them up.Oh and we havent lost our power since the icestorm of 98.."
i know the area you write of-heaven! you can ride the trails into canada or down to NH by my olde stomping grounds

supermanlives

Veteran
maine rules. i have lived in portland, bangor and surry. my favorite is the remoteness of the north maine woods. some day i will move back and buy a nice chunk of land and a house. i have had weed in maine that was just as good as anything here in so cal. and i preferr to be called a redneck than an hippy

E

emerald city

Unbelievablely true

Unbelievablely true

Some of the finest "ecsd" ever produced was just sampled in a little town in the western mountains of Maine....Grown in promix hp,gh and/or maxi series ferts,flowered for 13 weeks,flushed for over 2 weeks....plants were old mothers,producing small popcorn buds vs large colas...leaf coloring was yellow with purple hue...Flavor is typical ecsd with a veryyy smooth hash overtones...[and its barely cured].
Documenting the find as; a sample of this Maine grown medical MJ will be put in suspended animation with the intent of entering into Maines first Medical cannabis cup awards....comeing to Portland 2011. See yah there :tiphat:

ODTreez

Ship some of that down the coast, weed love to try some! I have a friend in Maine that said its either old head hippys growing and selling their dank, or young bucks tryin to make a dollar with subpar buds. Plug me in with the hippy crowd!

Burt

Veteran
91 day diesel?!
it is too couchy at that point for me
77-80 is great but 90 is zoned out land-i went 90 once to see

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Some of the finest "ecsd" ever produced was just sampled in a little town in the western mountains of Maine....Grown in promix hp,gh and/or maxi series ferts,flowered for 13 weeks,flushed for over 2 weeks....plants were old mothers,producing small popcorn buds vs large colas...leaf coloring was yellow with purple hue...Flavor is typical ecsd with a veryyy smooth hash overtones...[and its barely cured].
Documenting the find as; a sample of this Maine grown medical MJ will be put in suspended animation with the intent of entering into Maines first Medical cannabis cup awards....comeing to Portland 2011. See yah there :tiphat:

if you want to try the sour diesel x chem dd then i suggest you make your way downeast sometime =) blows the ecsd out of the fucking water and it finishes in 60days but i take her to 65-70 here some pics at day #49

some finished product...

Last edited:
E

emerald city

if you want to try the sour diesel x chem dd then i suggest you make your way downeast sometime =) blows the ecsd out of the fucking water and it finishes in 60days but i take her to 65-70 here some pics at day #54

some finished product...
Me thinks Mr Aero-G, East needs to meet west. Come the new year the backwoods traveling review team will attempt to find the elusive SD x chem dd...:skiiing: From the western mountains of Maine.. E.C/out

lightdepofan

whats up brother i just bought some land in maine im very familar with west coast techniques i just have some maine related growing questions if your at all available please email me i have tried to ask a couple other people on here aswell just trying to get everyones input thank you so much [email protected]

Latest posts

Latest posts