What's new

Transplanted autos - help (first grow)

So 2 days ago I transplanted my autos from 1gal pots to 6.5gal pots (growing outdoors). They are now exactly 3 weeks old since I first put them in soil.
So I transplanted them right before they went to sleep and fed them with root complex (hesi). As night passed by and the other day they were outside (partial sunlight) they didnt show any signs of too much stress or stunted grow etc. What’s the matter of fact actually that I have seen a little bit of height improvement today and tips of leaves grew a bit so I think they didnt get too stressed (hopefully)…My question here is first: I would like to know whether should I start LST training right now or should I wait a few days more for them to get settled in these new larger containers? And should I start feeding other nutes because after transplant I only gave them root complex, no tnt, no powerzyme, no supervit, only root complex. And today is feeding time so I dont know whether should I continue feeding nutes right after or only plain water for a few days? I have been giving them nutes since week and a half and gradually increased (they quite liked the nutes actually so far).
Also what I noticed is a little yellow spots on leaves at the base of plant. Should I be worried about that? What are these signs? Maybe they need food? I did bent them a little bit after transplanting them because I am about to start LST them so if anybody could help that would be much appreciated!
Pictures below : first 2 pics (24h after transplant) and 2nd set of pics - 4 pics (48hrs after transplant)

Attachments

• D73DB13C-0B7D-4B45-8317-BE86367572B5.jpeg
    D73DB13C-0B7D-4B45-8317-BE86367572B5.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 99
  • 6636E0E3-707C-4780-943D-B95561973A00.jpeg
    6636E0E3-707C-4780-943D-B95561973A00.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
  • 0D5F8DDC-5D47-4D65-87C2-02B02DCB78BE.jpeg
    0D5F8DDC-5D47-4D65-87C2-02B02DCB78BE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
  • D60065CB-6FD2-43AA-935E-74EA9990B9F7.jpeg
    D60065CB-6FD2-43AA-935E-74EA9990B9F7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • C5027C14-C3F7-4A09-B112-B7089948B987.jpeg
    C5027C14-C3F7-4A09-B112-B7089948B987.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 95
  • 3747347D-2295-4EC3-8239-9F85F1C4354D.jpeg
    3747347D-2295-4EC3-8239-9F85F1C4354D.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 111

goingrey

Hey nice seems like they have already started flowering.

I would just let them grow without any training.

Can't see the yellow spots you mention but in general no need to give a recently up-potted plants extra food, plenty in that new soil.

pjlive

If your main stems are still very flexible I'd hold off on the LST for just a bit. Three to five days should do it, but the best practice for auto-flowers in my experience is to never transplant them at all. The only "transplant" that I consider a good one is when you're putting a newly germinated seedling plug or puck of the same or similar media into the final pot.

I'd be feeding on schedule despite the transplant.

The autos will take some time to adjust. If the spots at the base of the main stem seems "odd" and not a common deficiency or stressor, I'd let that ride for a while to see if it spreads or continues. Two of the worst things you can do for an auto-flower at this stage is become overly focused on small changes and getting "experimental" with feeds. It's always best to stay the course of your grow plan for the particular auto your growing out and not move too deeply into unknown pastures. Keep it as simple as possible for the best results -- and let them navigate themselves. Provide them with the nutrients, moisture, and environmental conditions -- then stay out of their way as much as possible.

Looking good to me. Best of luck moving forward with them. I hope they blaze some fire for you. :smokeit:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Next time, do the transplanting not so late... best after 14 days of veg max. They get a shock and grow very slow for a week... Or do the start from seed right in the final pot if you can. And they don't need extra feeding in this small stage in big containers... you can do that if they are much bigger.

Ok, thanks for replies everyone
I know its not recommended to transplant autos but It was my mistake placing them in too little pots in the first place so I kinda wanted to fix it ..
The spots I mentioned looks like some kind of deficiency (might need more nitrogen at this point is what I thought). Will see what happens in the next few days and keep you guys updated! Thanks again folks

Koondense

Veteran
If transplants are done with minimal stress, then no worries. My autos sometimes get transplanted twice and still grow good enough, considering everything else.
Outdoors can be tricky, those spots look like bug bites, so if this was my plant, I would check all the leaves, also under, to find bugs, then spray it with neem or pyrethrin or both(on different days) :)
Maybe also copper sulphate if you have some vineyards or other crops close to the plant.
Regarding lst, it can be started as soon as she begins to stretch in the next week.
Nutrients should be already available in the new soil, start adding them in a week at 1/3 dose, after two weeks 2/3.
Keep the root zone as cool as possible, if there's a heatwave the plant can die quickly, it just happened to my friend last week.
Wishing you best of luck, and make some updates along the way.

Cheers

Hey guys! Thanks for feedback, appreciate that.
So I did fed them today actually with all the veg nutes (3/4 according to feed chart) since I already have been giving them nutes since week one passed and gradually increased with each time i fed them (like 2 times a week, 3 at most if the soil was too dry - but they were in small pots so they didnt require that much watering - I also foliar spray with plain water when temperatures get really high)
We’ll see how they do tommorow and the day after, so far I havent seen any bigger issues, did see some height improvement and leaves grew up a bit after transplanting so I figured out they didnt get stressed to much. Yesterday was kinda sunny but day before and today a bit cloudy - I also think this is not that bad at the moment because they have more time to rest after transplanting, I fed them nutes today in the evening and will see how they do tommorow. I slightly started bending them towards one side so I could start LST easily without having problems of bending them over. If they continue doing well tommorow I will start with LST only the main branch and see what happens. Also checked for pests under leaves and so far nothing my eye could see. Definitely gonna get something against pests for prevention. Gonna keep you updated as well.
Btw next time I wont be having any problems with transplanting them since I will start them in large pot immediately after they sprout to avoid any unnecessary stress and then I will aim for HST. So far I am scared of topping now or anything only LST. Cheers!

also what I wanted to ask is : can low temperature at night affect growth? Usually it was around 20 degrees celsius so far but last 2 nights temperature fell under 15 degrees celsius. Should I bring plants inside if temps get as low? Especially now after transplant I dont want to risk them to stop growing.. advice me please dont know what to do (although next days weather will be promising) but if I get to this situation again I would like to know whether should I leave them outside or bring them indoors if temps get as low. Thanks in advance

going to start performing LST now as I have bent these stems pretty much it shouldnt be hard (gonna tie main branch only)
Thoughts?

Attachments

• 0755BA05-24EA-4120-B3D1-4829F18BD4B3.jpeg
    0755BA05-24EA-4120-B3D1-4829F18BD4B3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 95
  • A8C90267-934D-4CA8-B03C-8AD097D03CEF.jpeg
    A8C90267-934D-4CA8-B03C-8AD097D03CEF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 91

goingrey

also what I wanted to ask is : can low temperature at night affect growth? Usually it was around 20 degrees celsius so far but last 2 nights temperature fell under 15 degrees celsius. Should I bring plants inside if temps get as low? Especially now after transplant I dont want to risk them to stop growing.. advice me please dont know what to do (although next days weather will be promising) but if I get to this situation again I would like to know whether should I leave them outside or bring them indoors if temps get as low. Thanks in advance
I would say 15c night temps are pretty ok.

Thanks, I didnt see any problems this morning so hopefully they can manage to do well in these conditions
I would highly appreciate if anyone more experienced could help me out with this thing..so the thing is: I want to know is it safe to cut out these 2 bottom leaves (first true leaves after cotyledons) at this very moment and then start with LST?

Is it safe to cut them off and start LST?

Attachments

• F5850EB7-F1F0-41CF-A99D-F850BB21F66C.jpeg
    F5850EB7-F1F0-41CF-A99D-F850BB21F66C.jpeg
    969.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 2FF8EA93-1C78-49B0-8A0C-3CEDAF905600.jpeg
    2FF8EA93-1C78-49B0-8A0C-3CEDAF905600.jpeg
    818.8 KB · Views: 82

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I would not cut anything at automatic plants... especially because your plant is small and already flowering! I thought you want to tie it down? Just let it grow now. You did that all too late, these automatics need to grow with as much light as possible in the veg-phase, otherwise they often stay small and only stretch a bit...

Actually what strain is it?

Ok no cutting. But I did tie them down. So this is my first LST ever. Please comment below if I did something wrong and if I can improve anything pls feel free to say…
-after training photos posted below
Strain is sour diesel auto from fastbuds
I can see them preflowering but how can this be possible? They are roughly 3 weeks old? Preflower should start in 2 weeks according to autoflower growing scheme (i know they are all different and conditions depends a lot)..but still I can see hairs but its only 3 weeks old how is this possible..I want her to grow a bit more before actual flowers start to show up
Just getting started with growing so any advices would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 3A4B70DC-1414-49A4-A4C5-8D4D3904690D.jpeg
    3A4B70DC-1414-49A4-A4C5-8D4D3904690D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • D031BD72-5093-4741-872D-3B7B9047A15F.jpeg
    D031BD72-5093-4741-872D-3B7B9047A15F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
  • 58448D87-77AA-4CE9-B5AA-EB58C2035949.jpeg
    58448D87-77AA-4CE9-B5AA-EB58C2035949.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
  • 0B3EFAEC-57DB-41EC-B4E4-9F991B09AB9E.jpeg
    0B3EFAEC-57DB-41EC-B4E4-9F991B09AB9E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82

goingrey

Ok no cutting. But I did tie them down. So this is my first LST ever. Please comment below if I did something wrong and if I can improve anything pls feel free to say…
-after training photos posted below
Strain is sour diesel auto from fastbuds
I can see them preflowering but how can this be possible? They are roughly 3 weeks old? Preflower should start in 2 weeks according to autoflower growing scheme (i know they are all different and conditions depends a lot)..but still I can see hairs but its only 3 weeks old how is this possible..I want her to grow a bit more before actual flowers start to show up
Just getting started with growing so any advices would be much appreciated!
Prob started flowering because of the small container they were in. Roots got cramped or at least bottomed out.

Prob started flowering because of the small container they were in. Roots got cramped or at least bottomed out.
Do you think new larger containers they just got in 3 days ago might make some difference at this point? When transplanting I’ve seen a few radicles 2-3cm at the bottom of pot but nothing much

goingrey

Do you think new larger containers they just got in 3 days ago might make some difference at this point? When transplanting I’ve seen a few radicles 2-3cm at the bottom of pot but nothing much
There's a theory that if an autos tap root hits the bottom of the pot it will trigger flowering. Not sure how valid but maybe there's something to it.

For sure there will still be a lot of growth both below and above the ground. Don't worry.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I can see them preflowering but how can this be possible? They are roughly 3 weeks old?
Yeah, but it's pretty normal for some autoflowers or phenos... i'm growing 3 Auto Malawi x NL right now, 2 showed preflowers after 20 days too.

And don't forget not to overwater them in these big pots cause the roots need to grow.

Well, that might make sense actually, goingrey what you pointed out!

Mitsuharu, yeah i’ve also came across case like that online, so im not the only one 😜
I really watch out not to overwater them and in these pots water came out from the holes so watwr never actually stays inside pot which is actually really helpful with overwatering
Will get you posted! A few hours passed since training and they look quite good I can tell

Latest posts

Latest posts