What's new

Trainwreck, Purple Urkle, Lavender, God's Gift x Blue Goo - 400 HPS SCROG

greenatik

What's up ICMAG i'm flowering out some beautiful ladies in a scrog under a 400 w HPS. Decided to share the grow with you all but don't have updated pics just yet, but making this thread will put me in motion lols

Trainwreck and Lavender are cuts from the club, trainwreck looks to be a really special cut but the lavender (not soma's) seems pretty weak ATM.. time will tell though. The Purple Urkle and Gods Gift x Blue Goo are from seed. The urkle will be bomb it always turns out great, this one is the 'fruity' pheno smells super sweet like candy and should purple up nice. The GG x BG probably shouldn't of been included in the SCROG because it only wants to grow as a single cola plant. It didn't really enjoy being topped and it has a slight chance of hermie'ing on me so fingers crossed.

Growing them in Sunleaves COCO and using CNS-17 coco formula. So far I'm really diggin the nutes.. nice and simple. The screen is chicken wire with a wood frame..

They were all bonsai'd since the end of January and put into flower april 5th.. roughly around there.

Anyways here's a couple pics right before the flip. i'll be back later or sometime soon with some updated ones

oh yeah there's 7 plants in the pictures, 2 big ones were given away for an outdoor grow, and one was a clone of trainwreck now being kept as a bonsai. might just do 1 big purple urkle and 1 big wreck next run

PEACE

Attachments

• P1030261.JPG
    P1030261.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P1030264.JPG
    P1030264.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 14

greenatik

ok back with a update! gimme some feedback peeps!

groupshot - front left (gods gift x blue goo), front right (lavender), back left (trainwreck), back right (purple urkle)
picture.php

trainwreck bud
picture.php

wreck side shot - grows like a vine! long stretch period
picture.php

urkle bud
picture.php

lavender bud
picture.php

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
looks nice man... be sure to keep air circulation up with a canopy that dense (make sure theres a fan blowing under the screen is a good thing) it'll help keep mold and other nasty things away :smile:

I was just saying in another thread, that trainwreck is a great smoke too :smile:

happy growing
j

greenatik

thanks jamie :joint:

I have an oscillating fan on them blowing across canopy and I just removed even more so there really isn't anything below the screen. also the humidity is on the dry side in there

trainwreck is a favorite of mine, and this cut looks pretty authentic from the arcatas i've seen on here. smells like straight lemon pinesol right now :woohoo:

greenatik

Thanks Elite !

scrogs are definitely worth considering especially if you are trying to maximize the efficiency of your light.

only downside is the labor involved in weaving the nodes and pruning/lollipopping everything below the screen

peace

Elite

Do you recommend the "chicken wire" ?? Or do you wish the holes where larger?? The reason I ask I have 150' of 48"H chicken wire for and outdoor grow (turns out I'm moving site where its not needed).
Indoor and Outdoor and the same time...talk about perpetual harvest!!

:joint:Elite

greenatik

thanks for joinin in merr :joint:

elite -

although this is my first scrog I can already see some things that I wished I had done different. first thing and the more important thing imo, is having space to work around the perimeter of the screen. I have the table up against the wall and left no real space to get behind which makes pruning and trimming hard to do on the plants in the back. The chicken wire is just o.k. It has caused a little bit of damage on some of the leaves here and there so you have to be more gentle moving nodes around.

The size might be a little too small as well but you can stretch the screen before hand, which I did, and almost doubled the openings

For your outdoor scrog check out tomato trellis's. my local hydro shop has them and they might work better for transport, and aren't reflective like chicken wire is :2cents:

Elite

the more important thing imo, is having space to work around the perimeter of the screen.

Hummm....That proposes a problem for me...I lack space!! The space I do have I want to fill with plants...Perhaps a SOG with a nice indica stain (bubblegum or a derivative of it ((Sour Bubble))

[Literally Sighs]

So many variables...

:chin:Elite

greenatik

Did you top or fim the plants before you put the scrog?

oh yes LOL... trainwreck was topped 20+ times and lavender 40+ times

gods gift and urkle from seed, got topped about 4-5 times

They also got supercropped a ton because I had them in a fairly small cab for 2 1/2 months. They were originally intended for outdoor so I was prepping them to become massive bushes.. but for security reasons at the spot I decided not to do it. Gave a couple away and put these 4 into the scrog :laughing:

Next run is going to be even more fun.. This trainwreck bonsai I've got is really going to produce by the time I flower it

Did I mention that trainwreck is overpowering the growroom with a strong LEMON pinesol scent? :yummy:

greenatik

Hummm....That proposes a problem for me...I lack space!! The space I do have I want to fill with plants...Perhaps a SOG with a nice indica stain (bubblegum or a derivative of it ((Sour Bubble))

[Literally Sighs]

So many variables...

How about scrogging one plant with lots of veg time? Check out my mini sog I did a while back maybe something along the lines of what you want to do?

49441groupshot1.jpg

Elite

How about scrogging one plant with lots of veg time? Check out my mini sog I did a while back maybe something along the lines of what you want to do?

I was considering that, like a "pure" satvia, well, at least a Haze. Very nice mini SOG, Thats probably what I end up doing 35-40 Indoor SOG in soda bottles and outdoor 30+ plants

Just things I'm considering...

greenatik

I was considering that, like a "pure" satvia, well, at least a Haze. Very nice mini SOG, Thats probably what I end up doing 35-40 Indoor SOG in soda bottles and outdoor 30+ plants

Just things I'm considering...

A sativa would be a good choice as long as you don't mind the longer flowering times. But SOG's are fun as well because you have the opportunity to run different strains.

I saw your DIY CFL fixture, very nice! CFLS do great for SOG's because they don't have to penetrate very far.

If you have a lot of floorspace and not much height I would go with the SOG. If your not worried about plant numbers I would also go with SOG. If your looking for maximum yield SOG once again would be the better choice. SCROG is for maximizing yield from a couple plants.

so it looks like you have some tough decisions ahead of you :drum: whatever one you decide I can lend some advice :kos:

greenatik

thought i'd post a couple pics of my little veg chamber

heres the wreck... just got a haircut :laughing:
picture.php

and here's the little ones - the tall one is lavender, the others are ggxbg and purple urkle. got them mixed up but should be able to tell within a few leaf sets
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts