What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

trainwreck for THC

G

some shots of the arcata cut. different trainin, and let get a bit bigger than usual.

wanted to see if it looked more like what THC is growin, as he says my plants never look like his cut. so anyway bro, waddaya think:D

CBF

kilacaLIbud

hahah ive done taht training...top it then let one side grow stright up and one side lST...awesome but in the middle the side that grew stright up kinda went in 2 i loved it worked for my first grow ever of

with 70watt hps

serious bubblegumXhemcy durban

poison durban gum

Last edited:
G

Looks good CBF.

Def looks a lot like the cut i've got going mang, I dont know that i have seen many full plant shots of your TW grows other than bush style. the buds look like they are another week or so away from starting their chunk out phase, where they get popcorny and almost foxtailed looking. then it's sweet harvest time :D

lets see em in another week :D i'll have a nice one going here shortly that i'll post up to compare when she's ready ... will be a month or so tho :|

kickass...

THC

G

THCAESAR said:
Looks good CBF.

Def looks a lot like the cut i've got going mang, I dont know that i have seen many full plant shots of your TW grows other than bush style. the buds look like they are another week or so away from starting their chunk out phase, where they get popcorny and almost foxtailed looking. then it's sweet harvest time :D

lets see em in another week :D i'll have a nice one going here shortly that i'll post up to compare when she's ready ... will be a month or so tho :|

kickass...

THC

hey ya bro, glad ya stopped in, yep most of the tw runs ive done have been small bushes, let this one get bigger and such. yep and im still 10 days out.

good weed for sure. lookin forward to it for the holidays. look forward to another show of yours as well

CBF

G

hehe thanks man, just got all re-setup over here with a new system and arrangement, plants are pretty stressed atm or i'd take some pics , they arent pretty lol....

doing multiflow buckets :D always trying something new ya know.,.... never happy.

what you got lined up next? I have a few SSH seeds , and some sour mist starting atm, thinkin bout throwin down another pack of something.... gotta blow it up in the winter time :D

THC

G

Does not look at all like my trainwreck cut.... :chin:

looks like my purple shaman more?

This is my trainwreck cut. I saw another member with identical cut as well???

Seems to be a few so-called trainwreck cut's. :chin:

I don't pretend to know if mine is the real deal.
I remember seeing the Babba's trainwreck and it looked different than both of our's.
Oh well...
Nice frosty nuggs bro.
Good Job!!!

G

trainwreck...the real deal is very hard to forget

it was a very closely guarded clone back in the day.

it hermed and the seeds were spread

most trainwreck clones now out there are from S1/S2 stock.

KingRalph

man CBF ya always have the best worst shimmer problem in your pics ;) i sure do wanna board her trich train. damn, hope i don't get slapped with smokual harassment now... i wasn't here! thanks for the eye candy man

omega7

CBF's looks and grows like my Arcata trainwreck. If it dries gray and smells extremely sour/menthol(like a mentholated dead whale as DR JAY would say) then it is def the arcata wreck. Id bet CBF's does exactly that. It is a very recognizable cut. It grows like a damn vine. Can be a pain in the ass unless you train it or top it early and often(thats how I control it, kinda haha) It has what I call the Twrex fan leaves, close to the stem, like a TREX's arms. The Fan leaves themselves are grooved and a shape that isnt as common as sat a skinny sativa leaf or a fat indica leaf.

Last edited:

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
They look the same to me. I can't ever forget those fan leaves. Just cut one down yesterday.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

G

the reason he posted to compare is because we both have the same cut. they just can appear very different depending on how you manicure , or don't manicure them.

THC

G

Wreck310 said:
How many different clones can be going around labeled as "Trainwreck"?
I have personally smoked 2 different strains that were claimed by the seller to be Trainwreck. And both were different in taste and high. The smells were smilar though, with one reaking heavily of that TW smell. Maybe grow condition played a part? Or perhaps different harvest times?
So can all these clones going around as TW, possibly be the same strain?

I have heard of two cuts.
A no cali that takes 70 days.
Arcata that goes 45-50.
The original is somewhere in between I guess.

G

Lookin' mighty frosty my friend!

Definately resembles the TW Arcata cut my friends have been growing for the past year or two.

:joint:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought our TW was very similar to CBF's, grows kinda lanky, Hellinski and Hilly called it a spider plant when they came to visit our outdoor garden...but the indoor looks very much the same and you can tell TW by the smell every time, thats what gives her away....I have been in love with this strain for years and will keep it as a mother for as long as we grow :D

G

THCAESAR said:
what you got lined up next? I have a few SSH seeds , and some sour mist starting atm, thinkin bout throwin down another pack of something.... gotta blow it up in the winter time :D

THC

thought ya'd never ask:D

you know I like to yammer on about whats goin down here........

TW, chop next weekend, Ol Blue xmas or there abouts, 2 manga rosa(reefs cut) few weeks in flower, 4 dalat X C99(seed run)in flower, 6 DF lemonThai, 6 lemonThai(private breeder stock), 8 Taipan (lemonThai X ChocoThai X panamaRed) also from a private breeder all veggin to hit the flower spot real soon. Ill shove cuts in every now and again while the ladies take there time.

and some way or another I need to go through a bunch of SC seed to find a fair number of males, as I finally found a original SC Cut, shes alive and veggin up for test cuts:D first incross, and then try out a few BXs.

not much really goin on:yes:

and ditto on different lookin plants of the same cut, the bubba is notorious for it, nutes, enviorment, growers ability all effect the outcome of a plant.

LU....thanks for stoppin in, Im pretty sure theres at least 4 if not 5 TW cuts that most peeps agree on. beware of clone whores, always research and verify the best ya can.

hey GL....just in time for the holidays, ya didnt plan that did ya :yummy:

omega.....she is a vine, if you bush her up real good, way more branchin then she can handle, they will fall over the edge of the pot and hang down past the bottom. I set her up on a stool and let the branchin hang like that. loads of little tiny hard nugs, LOL

KR:yes:

Hola mrsB, nice of ya to stop by. this cut and moonshines Nice, have been in my spot the longest, theyve put to shame many a so called clone only/elite. has been a regular in my rotation.

thanks to all for the kind words

CBF

G

Just came across this thread and i will put a end to this wondering. The cut that CBF has is and was confirmed by the late Dr.Jay. God rest his soul and the cut itself came from "ME" BG. There are a few member here that it was gifted from me. I was lucky enough to get it gifted to me and the person that i won't name, didn't have a problem with me sharing it. The members that i gifted the cut to was very nice to share it. The cut is the same cut as Dr. Jay. For some result she will grow different in different growrooms. I can show you pictures of different grow methods by myself. Soil and Hydro and she will grow and look different for some reason, but she is the same Arcata cut i have had for sometime now. Well, in safe locations. Good luck, and i'm not flaming anyone. Just confirming the cut CBF has. To me, she a killer plant and i love her to death. Can't wait to get her back and grow her again. Soon enough. Good thread CBF and sorry if i got anyone upset. Just wanted to confirm the cut.
Take care all

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Lookin good guys,

From what I understand there are 3 TW cuts floatin around.

Arcata
Norcali Pine (also known as the 70 day TW)
E-32

I have the Arcata and the Norcali Pine, but not the E-32. I'm not sure what the deal is with that one. I am trying to let my Norcal catch up to the Arcata, so I can flower them side by side and compare... I am not sure if that will happen this time due to logistics and wanting to max out ASAP with these cool temps.

Respect to all - M