What's new

Trailer Full of 1600 Pounds of Marijuana Pulled Over, Says CHP

R

Robrites

This is a press release from the California Highway Patrol. The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
On Thursday at approximately 3:30 p.m. a CHP K-9 Unit made an enforcement stop on a white 2007 Chevy pick-up truck southbound 101 south of 128/Cloverdale for tinted front windows. The pick-up was pulling a fully enclosed equipment trailer, approximately 15’ long, which was secured with a padlock on the rear doors as well as the small side door. After talking with the driver (identified as Christopher Potter, 33, of Ukiah) for several minutes, the officer began to smell the odor of marijuana. The K-9 sniffed the exterior search of the vehicles and alerted on the right front of the trailer.
The officer opened the rear doors of the trailer and observed the entire trailer was filled with large black plastic garbage bags tied shut at the top. Upon further examination, the officer determined the bags contained marijuana. Potter was placed under arrest. The truck and trailer were taken to the Santa Rosa Area office and was determined to contain over 1600 pounds of marijuana.

redlaser

Veteran
Big catch, might not be so random. Don't wish this on anyone but it illustrates why drivers deserve good pay. Tinted front windows is not a good start for this delivery though.

Where was the probable cause here? I thought smell wasnt on their list anymore. Is it different when your windows are tinted or something? Or was it the k9? May not be random. It would be so easy to catch people nowadays if you have access to big data. Or just seeing the Ukiah plates, trailer, "visual on suspect" could be easy to piece that together too. Hopefully that wasn't all of it.

R

Robrites

I think it was the dog. The driver was way dumb. Driving around an illegal vehicle with 2 mil of weed? Darwin award.

If it was really that much and not trim or something its super dumb to use a trailer there have got to be such better ways

CHP1: This is the most trim we've ever found.

CHP2: Let's say it's marijoowana.

R

Robrites

If it was really that much and not trim or something its super dumb to use a trailer there have got to be such better ways

CHP1: This is the most trim we've ever found.

CHP2: Let's say it's marijoowana.
You gotta be right. Who could possibly have that much bud left from last year?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Black garbage bags? That's all they used to contain the smell of 1600lbs? This doesn't sound right. I'm guessing if it is at all legit it was trim. Or import, but garbage bags sounds more like disposing of trim to me.

Ive always heard of trim getting lumped in with bud and always feared it. I gave away a black trashbag full of trim once because of it too. Never again!

St. Phatty

That's not a legal issue.

That's a legal SITUATION.

It would upset my stomach :puke:

OMG now that I read it
Cloverdale, Ukiah, Santa Rosa

Familiar sounding places.
That was no Mexican mersh press brick crap.

That was 1600 pounds of decent bud
indiscreetly transported.

>> tinted front windows

the story is slowly un-folding.

R

Robrites

It is also possible that law enforcement knew what was going on and used the tinted glass as a reason to pull him over....they did have a dog handy...

rolandomota

Veteran
Not all Mexican weed is crap that's a myth. I have been way happier buying brick than expensive bull shit many times. Even if it's crappy it still lasts me way longer.

R

Robrites

Not all Mexican weed is crap that's a myth. I have been way happier buying brick than expensive bull shit many times. Even if it's crappy it still lasts me way longer.
Slip South
Across the Line
Drop the Dough
Then North to Phoenix

Make the grab
Ahh - High Mountain Sativa
West to the 5
And on North to Oregon

Bubbamaniac

Cops profile, everybody if that was a drug cop he saw the trailer and thought hmmm I wonder what's in there? Quick what can I put together real quick to eventually end up looking in there? Ahh! Window tint the reason I pulled you over..... The rest is history.

redlaser

Veteran
If they want to justify a stop they will find something or make something up. Been pulled over for speeding several times when I know there is a cop following me and I'm at speed limit. Happened up to age 30 but hasn't happened in a long while.

Top_shelf_farms

Either way if it was random or they had a tip the driver shouldn't have given them any reason . If I'm running 1600 lbs. I'm going to have a clean car with no tint and working lights...