What's new

Traditional Sativa Pics

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Test budz

Test budz

I love looking (drooling) at all the great photos on IC; some of these photos are truly works of art. I also love sharing my photos and stories here too, it’s a great pleasure to receive praise from the world’s best cultivators and connoisseurs.

attachment.php

Here are a few “tester” buds I pulled from a Punto Rojo plant I was growing back in 2005.

Though immature and not cured the plant displayed an almost sweet rusty taste and smell while delivering a most pleasurable accelerating high with some body effect towards the end.

attachment.php

A nice complament to some fine aged local rum.

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

Rinse

Veteran
The Punto Rojo gets me drooling every time Red.
Here is some more "Golden Thai", different batch from the last pic and better.

jN8H1.jpg

Now heres what happens when you plant seeds from that weed in England:

b2fl1GP.jpg

Notice the indica's to the left and the squat one bottom right both in full bud. I never saw any buds from the sativa, eventually she got too big for comfort.

komboloi

Great thread, guys! I just love a good sat!

BTW, on the fermentation thing, I believe that's what goes on when tobacco is cured in barns.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Awesome pics making me sad for the 70's.
here's the best I found in the carrib a couple years ago.
found it in barbados, sold as Jamaican. smoked like choc thai from my youth.

Rinse what does imported thai etc cost in the UK? Is it widely available? have not seen it in US in 30 yrs.

picture.php

Rinse

Veteran
Chunkypigs, I looked at your pic before I read the post and I thought - that looks like some Jamaican I had, then I read it is Jamaican lol. Its a smooth, chocolatey smoke isn't it?

Thai there is different qualities the good one is £140 an Oz but you can get it cheaper if you know the right people, I think the dealer can get it for a round half that price, certainly not more than £100.

The Jamaican is more expensive, an Oz can go for £220 for good Jam, again the Dealer gets it way cheaper Im sure.

Here is another Jamaican I picked up which is a lighter color, I think this one may contain indica genes as the smell is slightly skunky/nutty.
The high however is trippy, and very strong, in fact I know a few people who simply refuse to smoke it as it has taken them too far, they stick to their indoor nugs.
It has a few very fat seeds but they are mostly crushed as this is highly compressed weed. It doesn't look like it will get you very stoned but is sold at skunk prices £10 a gram etc.
When you smoke it you realize why.

pf06waZ.jpg

Littleleaf

Veteran
The last time I found and smoked the real deal Columbian gold was in 1983 in More okla. I was in the 11th grade. A new kid stoled is dads stash of the goldest Columbian I/we had ever seen.(all the stoner's hung out together of coarse) This kid was introducing him self the right way to the group. The kid was a hit:dance013:
During lunch we had an open campus and we would meet up under a cedar grove and smoke out. The guy shows up and asks if we wanted to smoke a whole bag of Columbian gold. You should have seen how fast papers and pipes were busted out.:woohoo:

The high was clear, electric and bubbly we all broke out in fits of the funnies. The taste from what I could remember was incense and hashy,smooth smoke.
The next class after lunch was history and the teacher hated and made fun of me in front of the class all the time. She gave us a pop quiz with 75 question test with 5 extra credit questions,to witch the semester grade would be taken from.

Buzzing like a transformer and giggling uncontrollable,I took the test and finished it first. The teacher gave me a shitty look and said "So you think you passed this one?" I just giggled and sat down and started munching on a bag of chips LOUDLY!(that was another thing too after the test we were aloud to eat what ever we had)
After every one took the test,she graded them and handed them back with the ones that failed it first.
I was the last one to get it back because I was the only one to get over 100%. She told me that she wouldn't had guessed I would be the only one to pass it and my grade for the semester would be an A and I wouldn't get any more home work for the rest of the year.

I can say that it was the Gold that help me pass the test. I have as of yet to find any thing that comes close to that clear buzz.
It's another one that would be a one hit wonder to never find again.

Sorry for the long post it's something I will never forget:biggrin:

quinoa64

NEVER in my 40 yrs of smokin will i ever find another one like her.
The best shit grown today doesnt even come close?
its all in the cannabinoids folks!
old strains ROCK.

There definitely needs to be an "Heirloom Cannabis" movement!

I'm just a youngin' -- well not so young, but didn't start smoking until the 90s -- so really sad that I missed out on these great outdoor / imported sativas. Reading about them is pretty fun, tho. I suspect growing them is, too. Will see... I want to practice on a few boring indica crosses before I try to tame a true sat!

EllieGrows

Veteran
Thanks to everybody who took the time to contribute to this thread. Id really like to try and ferment some weed in various for the purposes of having the experience. Ive got a columbian gold cross and the high is soaring, destroys your short term memory, and is very emotional. My aunt and uncle who are 45 year smokers love it and say it reminds them of the weed of old. My partner and I warn people that if you smoke too much of it you might end up building a shed.

inquest

Quinoa,
why not practice on Aces Malawi, it's a very worked and well behaved Sat. Great smells, great structure, great high, and pretty quick, too. You can pull her from about 10-16 weeks. Mine, pulled early was pure bliss. Pulled late she developes real power and stone.

On my next Malawi run I'd like to try making some cobs. :)

Gorgeous pics everyone.... You're making me jealous over here! :)

OLDproLg

Veteran
The 2nd closest plant i ever grew was BANANALOU!!!!!!!

The 2nd closest plant i ever grew was BANANALOU!!!!!!!

MY old strain in clone only...

Got busted an lost my mom but a person i gave it to is
now calling it BananaLee,......this bastard better have it?
This mostly sativa cross i made was VERY VERY HAPPY POT!!!
THe Best ive smoked for anxiety an depressions......EVER!

THat old sativa i showed first was a Asian sat,maybe brought back
from the veitnam war?.....i dont think it was Thai,ive grow hundreds..
For a sativa,you REALLY could NOT leave the chair after smoking 3 hits!
THat 2 people on 1 joint blasted to death,the taste was very very spicy...

BananaLou how ever was PURE ROCKED FUEL,and the smell and taste POWERFULL
to say the least.......here is an old pic,i miss her SO MUCH IT KILLS ME...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=204032&stc=1&d=7154611
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=204033&stc=1&d=7154725
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=204035&stc=1&d=7154903
SATIVAS ROCK!!!!!!

Attachments

• BananaLou clone.1.JPG
    BananaLou clone.1.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 16
  • BananaLou clone.10.JPG
    BananaLou clone.10.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 19
  • bananaLou nugz dry.2.JPG
    bananaLou nugz dry.2.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 19

quinoa64

Quinoa,
why not practice on Aces Malawi, it's a very worked and well behaved Sat. Great smells, great structure, great high, and pretty quick, too.

Thanks for the tip, Inquest. I've heard amazing things about African sativas, and Malawi Gold is on my wish list for when I start playing with true sats!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
More Pressed Colombian

More Pressed Colombian

Hola, here's a few more snaps of this high altitude sativa I've been smoking this everyday since I got it last month. I'm not tired of it in the least although I will be getting something new this weekend. I've noticed in this lb. differnt buds have a very differnt effect. Some of the really light colored bud are weak and I smoke a lot to get off. It seems the dark or almost black buds give me a real narcotic stone and little is required to get where I want to be. I only saved seed from the buds that are (to me) the strongest best effect. The other day I smoked a little too much and had to take a bus to a job I was bidding on and wow did I start to freak out. I couldn't understand Spanish and felt like everyone knew I was fried. I broke into a cold sweat and had to get off the bus and get my s**t together. I missed the appointment and ended up chowing down at a small bar near my house.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Peace From Colombia!

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
and wow did I start to freak out. I couldn't understand Spanish and felt like everyone knew I was fried. I broke into a cold sweat and had to get off the bus and get my s**t together. I missed the appointment and ended up chowing down at a small bar near my house.

That's what I'm looking for, that!:laughing:
Red Rider you are maybe the luckiest guy in world to score old skool
buds in the 21st century. I'd give my left nut for a few of lb's you
are showing off. when I was young I always had a nice stash of
buds that looked exactly like what you got. I can still remember the smell.

maybe legalization in us will bring back great old genetics and
bricked up goodness to us old hippies.

Rinse

Veteran
Sounds like some powerful stuff red, Ive experienced the same thing with different buds in compressed weed, some leafy buds have barely any smell yet the dark buds with ripe seeds let off the earthy aroma's and big stone.

Mexcurandero, thanks for the shashamane pic, looks so nice.
Here is some Ethiopian highland buds, grown in England lol.

NLyBBwh.jpg

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The grass is always gold on the other side

The grass is always gold on the other side

That's what I'm looking for, that!:laughing:
Red Rider you are maybe the luckiest guy in world to score old skool
buds in the 21st century. I'd give my left nut for a few of lb's you
are showing off. when I was young I always had a nice stash of
buds that looked exactly like what you got. I can still remember the smell.

maybe legalization in us will bring back great old genetics and
bricked up goodness to us old hippies.

Thank you Chunkypigs and trust me when I look at all the pics of bud here (that everyone grew or bought) I drool and dream of growing that one day. But as far as sativa and good bud in general (as well as some negitive drugs) Colombia is heaven. Always good, cheap and available, weed takes a back seat to everyday life here. I do get bored here and miss GA and my culture is the USA but then I go outside in the beautiful weather and soon forget my northern home. Really though the above experince was not fun and I was really freaking out. Thats why I try to time my burning when I don't have go out (except to the park or something fum) and never do ediables during the work week.I got some very nice "cripy" today that is said to be WW and I think it is. Its nice to have the differnce even though the WW knocks me down al least when I go out I don't freak out. I asked my guy if he could score some real Punto Rojo for and he said why? Not wanting him to jack up the price knowing I prefer the red to the cripy I told him I wanted something cheaper then the cripy. He said he would let me know.

Viva Colombia!