What's new

Track Me If You Can - Show On Discovery

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
anyone watch this show? though it was extremely informative and i learned a lot. everyone should watch this.....

here is the premise -

Track me if you can
We live in a world where we are being constantly watched and monitored. What would it take to wipe the slate clean and live a life free of big brother? Security expert Aton Edwards takes the viewer on an amazing journey off the grid and under the radar.

ambertrich

Veteran
Saw it when it first aired a couple months ago. Lots of stuff I was not aware of, some I was. And some interesting ways to beat the system-or at least reduce exposure as much as one can.
Good stuff.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
i saw it the first time and was curious about how easy it would be to change your name and ppl couldnt find you

Definitely interested. I lived for two years off the grid... So I thought. I googled my name and the address of my off the grid location was listed. No taxes. No paperwork. No employment. No DMV.

wtf?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If they want to track you there's not a lot you can do. Even if you walk they have satellites, lol..... Someone told me the other day they could see my house on google earth or one of those programs........ That pisses me off, lol..... I guess I won't smoke a bowl with the curtains open again....

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
If they want to track you there's not a lot you can do. Even if you walk they have satellites, lol..... Someone told me the other day they could see my house on google earth or one of those programs........ That pisses me off, lol..... I guess I won't smoke a bowl with the curtains open again....

Oh hell, you haven't seen google earth? You need to check it out. The birds eye view can pan to show my front door OPEN, as if I'm walking into the house.:yoinks: It's like taking a photo around the corner. Looks like ~25 feet or less to my door. That's how close it got in 2002. I afraid to look now, my house is messy.

I read about new cameras on Predator and like drones. The quote in the article described the old, single-optic cameras as peering through a paper towel tube. Now these cams have multiple lenses and can observe whole towns w/o changing flight pattern or cam angle.

Bob Woodward spoke of this technology in 2008 without revealing what was then classified info. Woodward was uber confident that this technology would snuff out terrorists.

STUNKY

AS IF WE ALL AREN'T PARANOID ENOUGHT.. I haven't shaved and have gained 30 pounds since i first seen the show.. .. JK.. makes ya think

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Man, y'all are paranoid.

;)

I guess so, the pic I saw would have included me had I been standing in the doorway. Might have been a bit too blurry to identify but that was 2002.

The advanced technology drone cameras are in Afghanistan. I don't know if we use drones on our southern border but I've read we're at least considering.

IMO, it's less invasive to appear in a google earth pic than going through the airport nekid box. But seeing my open front door from (120?) miles above is unnerving. Maybe I could moon the bastards, lol. I'll have to get my Tenacious D tatt removed. :biglaugh:

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Good show

Good show

Alot of what he covers he basic common sense, but he definitely presents some good tips.

I dig the way he's always thinking on his feet. :joint:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only thing that can save you from them is Sweet Tooth, it has magical cloaking powers you just have to grow them big enough to hide behind one when the drones come flying by and voila! :peek:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I looked @ the google earth pics for my home & discovered that through the cars parked in front of my crib I even know what day they made their images.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just looked too and I think I need to wash my car, again. :wave:

med_breeder

Shows like this always create more questions for me than they answer.

Aton presents great info. Chances are unless you are a real bad guy,the govt won't come after you full court press style.

In terms of surveillance, I'm sure the govt has technologies that would blow my mind.

What is the point of these types of shows?
To inform the public?
To increase the public's expectation of what the govt should be able to do in regard to public security?

Knowing what toys the govt has on tap,
Should there ever be a man hunt that last longer than a few hours?

Latest posts

Latest posts